If your password at RCI has suddenly stopped working…

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

I still have an Iphone 8 (I know I KNOW - but I love my phone).

Have you looked into an SE? It’s inexpensive and more similar to an 8 than anything but runs the latest software & is expected to run iOS 18 which I believe will be a big update.

Edited by OCSC Mike

I have discovered that if you try to make RCI and Celebrity password the same it won't be accepted.  I mean I try to make one digit difference too.

very odd if trying to go into Celebrity and then RCI each time they want password updated.

so very odd

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have discovered that if you try to make RCI and Celebrity password the same it won't be accepted.  I mean I try to make one digit difference too.

very odd if trying to go into Celebrity and then RCI each time they want password updated.

so very odd

My password and login are the same with RC and Celebrity. Before and after the recent password change requirement. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Changed my password BUT now I am being forced to buy a new phone.  I still have an Iphone 8 (I know I KNOW - but I love my phone).  Now their app requires you to have ios version 17.  Guess what?  8 does not support 17 - my version is 16.7.7.  Since we cruise in a month and I need the app, I'm forced to buy a phone.  I don't know who I'm mad at the most - Apple or Royal.  Naturally, my IT husband is snickering since he hates me being "so behind."  Really irritated that I am backed into a corner on this.  Grrrr.

Same for me but I am not buying a new phone.  I guess I will just not have the app

1 minute ago, tropic fever said:

Same for me but I am not buying a new phone.  I guess I will just not have the app

Totally understandable as long as you realize that at some point in the not-too-distant-future Apple will stop providing security updates for iOS 16 and your phone will no longer be safe. Other apps will also stop working as time goes on.

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Totally understandable as long as you realize that at some point in the not-too-distant-future Apple will stop providing security updates for iOS 16 and your phone will no longer be safe. Other apps will also stop working as time goes on.

Correct, because if,  somehow, the battery continues to hold a charge they have to find some way to make your phone obsolete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Any resolution to this yet?  I just tried to log in with the credentials I've been using for years and no bueno.

You could change your password but that probably won't work for long and you will have to do another change. I've done three changes since the mess started. I've decided to sit out for a while and see if this settles out. There isn't much that I need to do in my account right now any way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Any resolution to this yet?  I just tried to log in with the credentials I've been using for years and no bueno.

I simply changed my password.  Took 30 seconds...and still good to go.  But now I may have just jinks myself!  😮 

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

You could change your password but that probably won't work for long and you will have to do another change. I've done three changes since the mess started. I've decided to sit out for a while and see if this settles out. There isn't much that I need to do in my account right now any way.

IT at RCI.... having fun with us.  Can you hear them giggling in the background?  😄 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I simply changed my password.  Took 30 seconds...and still good to go.  But now I may have just jinks myself!  😮 

Same here. I just logged into Celebrity and RC on my phone and laptop. 

Just now, doghog said:

Are you still getting in with the same password?  I am afraid to check!  😨

54 minutes ago, doghog said:

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Are you still getting in with the same password?  I am afraid to check!  😨

I can get into Celebrity. It is RCI that I keep having to do password changes for.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Changed my password BUT now I am being forced to buy a new phone.  I still have an Iphone 8 (I know I KNOW - but I love my phone).  Now their app requires you to have ios version 17.  Guess what?  8 does not support 17 - my version is 16.7.7.  

Thanks for the heads up.  Have been putting off updating to iOS 17, but just installed on my two iPhone SE2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

IT at RCI.... having fun with us.  Can you hear them giggling in the background?  😄 

I'm not sure that RCI's IT is smart enough to do this intentionally for amusement.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can get into Celebrity. It is RCI that I keep having to do password changes for.

Maybe RC is telling you something. Celebrity's new tagline is, "nothing comes close". 😉

• Like 1

It’s been happening to me every time I try to log in to RCL or Celebrity website. Every single time the last few months. Then I click “forgot password”, answer my secret question, and change my password to the same exact password. 

Royal's IT is it's usual chaotic self.  I can get it, then I get the upgrade message, then I can get it in again.  So basically I just keep trying until I get in.  Guess I don't have to get that new phone yet.  I know the day is coming.  Royal's IT is at least consistent in it's inconsistency.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Royal's IT is it's usual chaotic self.  I can get it, then I get the upgrade message, then I can get it in again.  So basically I just keep trying until I get in.  Guess I don't have to get that new phone yet.  I know the day is coming.  Royal's IT is at least consistent in it's inconsistency.

When that happened to me, after choosing a new password the third time I deleted my history on Safari and then its worked ever since. 🤞