If your password at RCI has suddenly stopped working…

I’ve been seeing reports on social media that this is happening.  Just happened to me, and when I tried to reset, my app would lock up when I entered the new password. 

In case this happens to anyone else, I found that going into the site via browser instead of app worked best.  I was able to change password and the website didn’t lock up, like my app.  I was then able to log into the app. 

My Celebrity account had same issue.  Same resolution worked best. 🙂

Gotta love RCI IT. 🙄

• Like 5

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Happened to me too…

Had to invent another password 😢

Me too, Dani. 😕 I may have incorporated what I thought if RCI IT in my new password. 😂 

Earlier this week, I had to dump my cookies for both sites, when the links got corrupted. Sigh.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

happened to me too. Not sure if I was hacked but hope not

I don’t think so. 🙂 Unless RCI itself was hacked and hasn’t let us know about it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone tried "changing" their password to their current password?

I started to do that, but kept locking up on the app. When I moved to browser, I decided to make mine a bit more complex. 

My current password had the first letter capitalized so when the app wanted me to do a new password I just used the same one but made the first letter lower case and it worked just fine….😎😎

no new password to remember (except for the lower case first letter)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I never log out of app, so don't have that problem.

I don’t either, but it logged me out, then wouldn’t accept my password.  The one I was logged into until they booted me. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I don’t either, but it logged me out, then wouldn’t accept my password.  The one I was logged into until they booted me. 

The home screen on app just changed. The icons at bottom are set up different. Everyone should probably give it 24 hours while they make changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

I’ve been seeing reports on social media that this is happening.  Just happened to me, and when I tried to reset, my app would lock up when I entered the new password. 

In case this happens to anyone else, I found that going into the site via browser instead of app worked best.  I was able to change password and the website didn’t lock up, like my app.  I was then able to log into the app. 

Gotta love RCI IT. 🙄

Discovered this about an hour ago or so.  I reset the password on the website and everything was fine.  I haven't tried getting back into the app yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Gotta love RCI IT. 🙄

It did this to me this morning and I had to change my password.  I wandered over to CC and didn't see anything and assumed I was just lucky.  I was hoping my account wasn't hacked.  Didn't notice anything unusual on the account.  Then I got bogged down with work and forgot about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I haven't tried getting back into the app yet

Just tried opening the app and it had logged me out.  I logged back in with my new password and all is well.  

• Thanks 1

I tried changing my password to the same password as a test.  Error message said I can't change my password right now.  Try again later.

I immediately try a different password and I was able to change it.  There should be better error messages to guide users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn’t log in yesterday. Still can’t today. It sure would be nice if someone from corporate would let us know what going on. I’m not getting my hopes up though. I may have to break down and change my password sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DennysDad said:

The home screen on app just changed. The icons at bottom are set up different. Everyone should probably give it 24 hours while they make changes.

That’s quite a gamble when we are boarding in 48 hours on the explorer.  Yikes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I don’t think so. 🙂 Unless RCI itself was hacked and hasn’t let us know about it. 

I am a little concerned about that possibility as tonight, I received a good list of compromised password warning. Ugh!

• Like 1