New Seabourn survey

mraven

Did anyone else get the new survey? Lots of questions on preferences to make gratuities extra, alcohol only included at meals, different options for excursions, making specialty dining extra. Best one was a 2-tier model where you pay less for less included. Don't they realize that would make it worse for the top tier as they would need to show proof for every 'purchase'. Very disturbing.

• Like 5

We just completed the survey.  We kept waiting for the write-in section where we could explain our preferences, rather than just choosing from a sometimes rather silly multiple choice.  Spoiler Alert - there was none!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, AnnieO2019 said:

I haven’t had the survey but I’d say NO to all of those suggestions

Yeah, it was presented as a choice between 2 lists of amenities and you had to pick a preference. Luckily, there was a follow-up asking if you would book that option. I answered no to all 7. And sadly, no place to tell them what you really feel as FlyingScotSailor said.

• Like 5

I also picked between the 7 price options and picked NO on all of them as none were enhancements over the existing product. Hopefully they will get the message to provide a better experience rather than a lesser product at a slightly reduced fare. 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, mraven said:

Yeah, it was presented as a choice between 2 lists of amenities and you had to pick a preference. Luckily, there was a follow-up asking if you would book that option. I answered no to all 7. And sadly, no place to tell them what you really feel as FlyingScotSailor said.

Exactly!! No to all of the above.

• Like 2

One of the things we like about Seabourn is no constant signing for drinks or extras, and everyone on the ship is in same situation so all can enjoy the moment and there are no service delays caused by payments.  I could see that some passengers who do not drink alcohol might want a "no alcohol" option though.  Don't mind paying for laundry or premium internet although laundry right now is a perk for club members.  We would not want included excursions, and with onboard credits one can get then at no cost if desired.  I don't expect things to be free.  I would not mind a reasonable premium for Solis if it was necessary to keep the quality of ingredients high.  I've read that Solis portions are large so I'd rather they go to a reasonable sized portion before they add a surcharge.

There were no questions about inclusive air such as Silversea's door to door service (at least in the version of the survey we took).    

• Like 1

It seemed to me that they were floating ideas that seems to reflect approaches that Regent, Viking and Oceania use.

Since they requested that we not discuss the substance and specifics of the questions, I will honor their wishes and say no more.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Received their survey asking if we would appreciate changing the model up of offerings. 
There was one write in area, which I used. Almost missed it. 
I think it’s important that they get a feel from their customers what their preferences are. Hopefully they listen to the feedback, and it is not just a marketing tool. 
Without discussing specifics, I also answered No on all 

We booked SB because of their business model. Instead, their prices have skyrocketed last month without any changes to their model. IMHO, they can’t have it all, or they won’t keep them all. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 2

I just completed the same survey and found it worrisome as it seemed to putting out feelers to see which current amenities could be dropped or changed (and not for the better).  Like many of you, one of the main reasons we sail with Seabourn is because it is an all inclusive experience treating each passenger the same.  And, sure enough, the return email address was Holland America.  

• Like 3

One of the craziest things I have seen in recent years.

It seems like it was conceived by a psychologist trying to determine the mental acuity of a group of retired folks.

I'm retired.  I decline to be psychoanalyzed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Had the survey. Options reminded me all too much of what is happening right now on HAL with all the beverage and amenity packages - a line that we have deliberately chosen to vacate due to all the extras which when added up make their fares not much different than Seabourn. 

The beauty of Seabourn is the all inclusive model. We do not drink much but we can have what we want when and where we want - we do not have to show ID to do this, we do not have to watch our accounts to be sure that they are correct.  We do not have to sign bar chits. Gratuities are included on Seabourn so that there is no telescoping bill at the end. Small ship, freedom like we live there. Please Seabourn do not ruin that!  A two tiered pay structure would change the atmosphere not for the better. 

• Like 12

I opted not to take any of the choices as none of them reflected what we have now. Also disappointed as several have said - that I was not given the chance to explain my reasoning. 

I am NOT pleased with what they are asking and how they are framing the questions.
Seems they are seeking to diminish the value of the product.
It would be a HUGE mistake to implement any of these changes.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

It seemed to me that they were floating ideas that seems to reflect approaches that Regent, Viking and Oceania use.

Since they requested that we not discuss the substance and specifics of the questions, I will honor their wishes and say no more.

I know, fat chance Seabourn clients were going to keep mum!

• Like 1

Just now, Mahogany said:

The only change I would accept would be no liquor in the suite, since it's so easy to get a drink.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, stan01 said:

I could see that some passengers who do not drink alcohol might want a "no alcohol" option though. 

Another way to address that is to improve the caliber of the non-alcoholic offerings.  The “Zero at Sea” program is a great step in that direction, but needs to have higher quality non-alcoholic wines and beers added to the offering (and make it all bars, not just The Club).  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

For what it is worth, this survey is concerning     The only thing I might want to include would be unlimited excursions - or one per port included like a river. Cruise.  But leave the gratuities and booze alone.  No paying extra for special dining.   And no “multiple tiered” system on board - hell no!  

Edited by JPH814
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

And someone at HQ will likely say "See, they won't keep a confidence.  Why bother running options past them."

I'd like to have some of what they were smoking when they created some of these offerings. My favorite were those that offered 'Drink Packages available for purchase' combined with 'Unlimited soda, beer, wine and spirits in suite'. How does that make any sense? Perhaps the brilliant Seabourn web designers executed a hostile takeover of the corporate offices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1