The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 26th, 2024

richwmn

I called my DB this morning and it was his choice to go home yesterday. They had given him a shot of morphine.  His swollen knee was full of blood and he hadn't fallen on it.  They are trying to expedite a surgeon appointment.  Supposedly no infection.  I am confounded why they find no fault with his care.  " They give us such good care" probably because it is in his chart he is a basket case caused by them.  That family fits my definition "ignorance is bliss".  Another saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". Nothing we can do but pray and provide encouragement. 

@Cruzin Terri I am glad you are safely in Jacksonville but sad to read your PMR numbers have gone up.  Prayers all goes well tomorrow. 

@Seasick Sailor prayers for your DS Bonnie. 

@Cruising-along I was listening with timing on the flu and COVID boosters and it was recommended for MOST to wait until Thanksgiving because immunity begins to wane after 6 weeks.  Since you are cruising soon I would probably go earlier.  I am waiting until very early December for both so I will have optimal coverage for air travel and our January cruise.  If flu starts early I will just wear a mask or stay home.  I guess in the meantime I can get my RSV vaccine.  

Thanks for all the lovely photos of Tromso.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Just to add to the vaccine discussion. The Novavax doesn’t wane as quickly as the MRNA,  So hoping it’s approved soon. 

And I think the RSV is just once, at least so far.  Have others heard differently?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@Cruzin Terri

is it possible that your bout of COVID caused the spike in your PMR numbers? If so, I pray it is a temporary one.

The medical field is still learning so much about this virus and its variations. 

I’m thinking it might be.  The problem with PMR is that the cause is unknown.  What I did find out is whenever I received a Covid vaccine, I had a spike in the PMR, so the Doc said no more vaccines.  But now this is a horse of a different color.  I am not sure the Doc will have any answers either.  We will see.

Stay tuned.

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Devastating news here. My sister has results from 2 of her biopsies. There was cancer found in a lymph node and she needs to go back next week for more surgery. The other 2 tests are still in a petri dish. 

I'm so sorry your sister got devastating news. Prayers 🙏 for her care team& that  the remaining tests results are better.

• Like 8

Like others here, every day is dog day - just ask them. And of course, they'll say it's a hard life.🙄

20240824_102240.thumb.jpg.754ac552d9843a7c96019df31f5feab4.jpg

Screenshot_20240826_203841_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3b3775ad94a87e0896a5cc1ea433c776.jpg

Kitty update - no change in eating & drinking. He is a bit more active, getting up & down from my lap on his own and he's stretching out occasionally rather than staying curled up. He finishes meds on Wed & sees Vet on Sat for urinalysis. 🤞antibiotics did their job.

Thank you all for your concern & 🙏 - he's not in the clear yet, so we'll accept your continued well wishes.

20240826_202924.thumb.jpg.bff3485803903d355d65d8f66478e252.jpg

Covid vaccines - we've gotten every booster that's been released as soon as it's available to us as DH is high risk. We leave for AK Sept 28 and are hoping to get vaccines before we go; not sure when we'll get flu shots. I prefer mine separately, DH has no preference - he shows up when/where he's told, lol. I don't want to get flu shots too early 🤷‍♀️

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Kitty update - no change in eating & drinking. He is a bit more active, getting up & down from my lap on his own and he's stretching out occasionally rather than staying curled up. He finishes meds on Wed & sees Vet on Sat for urinalysis. 🤞antibiotics did their job.

Thank you all for your concern & 🙏 - he's not in the clear yet, so we'll accept your continued well wishes.

Covid vaccines - we've gotten every booster that's been released as soon as it's available to us as DH is high risk. We leave for AK Sept 28 and are hoping to get vaccines before we go; not sure when we'll get flu shots. I prefer mine separately, DH has no preference - he shows up when/where he's told, lol. I don't want to get flu shots too early 🤷‍♀️

Thank you for the kitty update, I was just about to ask about him.  It does sound like he's doing a bit better, especially the body language (not staying curled up).  

We'll be flying out on the 25th so hope to get our Covid vaccines before that too.  Just a few minutes ago my next-door neighbor texted me that she's tested positive for Covid.  I knew she'd had a really bad cough for a few days so did wonder...she was negative when she tested on Saturday, and positive today.  This is the first time she's gotten it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

When it comes to someone's bad news, sad news, I try to make them laugh, or at least get a giggle.  I want to say I am sorry that so many of our dailyites, their families, their friends, and the fur babies have been having such a hard time these days.  So please forgive me when I say the following

1.  Please feel this-

c1ecbc0d66f5688497f3fe679b28dad7--science-articles-cat-hug.jpg

Now fix a big bowl of this

soups-for-cats-pin1.png

or this

eo91ujk1w1p41.jpg

then wrap yourself up

24c302ecdd9ad8421a3a12b2b5ffd033.jpg

and feel the love that is here

be63f075d38977807732bd7b7850d9fe.jpg

You are in my prayers

f020bfd7ff816360fefaab3b7201a794.jpg

Tomorrow is a new day, rest easy and sleep well

451165-Wishing-You-Sweet-And-Peaceful-Dreams.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good evening everyone!  We had a good day for flying, and our checked bag flew on our plane and not ahead of time.  Our driver was ready for us even though we arrived EARLY in Atlanta.  It's good to be home and back to our usual routines.  Miss our DS and DGS though! 🥰

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear the latest development for Bonnie.  I hope the next 2 tests are negative.  Prayers sent for your DS every day.

Terri I hope your results so far aren't as bad as feared.  Prayers for good visits tomorrow.  

Sandi, good news you made it home safely.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I was told one RSV vaccination, not like the annual flu shot.

We were told the same thing, but then that is what they said about the pneumonia vaccine.  Then, they came out with a new improved vaccine.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Like others here, every day is dog day - just ask them. And of course, they'll say it's a hard life.🙄

20240824_102240.thumb.jpg.754ac552d9843a7c96019df31f5feab4.jpg

Screenshot_20240826_203841_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3b3775ad94a87e0896a5cc1ea433c776.jpg

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

Elizabeth, thanks for the kittie update.  I hope he gets a good report from themvet Saturday.

Lenda 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@Haljo1935, thank you for the update on your beautiful tabby!  Moving around is always good news. He’s just a youngster, I hope he returns to his kitty self soon!  Your doggos are gorgeous too. They are all lucky to have such a loving home!

@marshhawk, you have such a loving soul. 
Thank you to all the friends, solace to those who are hurting, toasts to all who are happy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the information today.

It's a sunny day, the daylight hours are gradually becoming longer.

Happy Anniversary to @CrabbyPatti and to @jodi58 may you have many more.

Yesterday a very interesting article in our local newspaper  titled  "The modern but mostly unacceptable epidemic of lying".   Some  prominent politicians past and present mentioined, enough said.

Following the information about Covid  vaccines with interest.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11