How Many Lobsters DO You Eat on Lobster Night?

LAFFNVEGAS

How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?

• I Do Not Eat Lobster Yuck)
    • Just One, I am trying to watch my Figure.
    • 2 to 3 ( they are Small)
    • 4 to 6 ( What the heck, it's Lobster Night)
    • 7-9 (Remember they are small )
    • 10 or More (Yes I have a connection in the kitchen)

OK, this poll is being done on the request of my husband Tom. He loves Lobster and we have found that our Dining Room Stewart has fun with this when they find out he is trying to break his record. When you vote you can vote for your better half if he or she eats more lobster than you. I will also make it so no one knows what you voted.

Be honest how many Lobsters or the small Lobster Halves do you eat on the Formal night they serve Lobster?

Tom's record is 9 which was on the Zuiderdam April of 2003, this past May he only made it to 7 but we had our Tablemates and Waiter and Assistant Waiter cheering him on. He might of made it to 10 but the kitchen closed:(

One - but not for the reason noted. Usually it's a surf & turf. By the time I get to dinner after the appetisers and salad, I'm not up for eating until I bust. 1/2 tail, 1/4 tail, whatever.. a few bites is enough to satisfy the craving.

One for both my husband and self. The lobsters that are served up are nothing like our wonderful "crayfish" that we have down here in Australia both in size and taste.

We prefer to leave them for the rest of the passengers to enjoy. Besides after having soup and appetiser, how can anyone eat more than one!

Jennie

6 is average for me but sometimes it takes 8. Remember these tails are known in lobster terms as a "two biter" Two bites and the tail is gone.

When you put it into perspective to size and number of bites per minute 6 is not that much. I think the biggest I ever got in a main DR was on NCL but HAL's was more tasty. Disney probably the worst tail I ever got.

I think they vary where they get them from too so it's hard to say what varitey of tail you are getting on your week. It's a cheapest supplier thing.

The biggest tail I ever got on a ship was on Carnival's Legend but that was at the Golden Fleece not the main DR and cost me an extra $25. It was however the size of my arm and cooked to perfection.

I admit to not liking the ships lobster. Its a case of me being too fussy. Its one thing I can do at home and better.

The menfolk do love them !

On form- is it best to place a large order at once if you know you will have seconds and thirds ?

On my other cruises I've had two, but they've been the large African lobster tails. From what I've heard on this board it will likely be five or six.

Before anyone gets too stressed about the calories, lobster is extremely low in calories and fat. On weight watchers you can have twice as much lobster as you can chicken. So tell the steward to bring more.:) :D

Generally don't eat lobster on the ship as we are spoiled here in New England with great lobsters. I also prefer to cook them myself and enjoy making a mess eating them out on the deck.

I don't recall ever eating more than one. Like others have said, by the time I get through everything else prior to the entree I really am satisfied with one. Now, if it were fresh Maine lobster, that might be another story.

Actually, I start with dessert and then if I have room I'll have 2 of the silly little things. But I don't consider what they serve "lobster". My definition of lobster is New England cold water lobster only. Anything else is a poor substitute. But I'll eat just about anything in a shell.:D

I only order one as I am usually pretty full by the time it comes. DH oders two. For us folks in the midwest who cannot get good lobster that often it tastes pretty good to us. Although on the Mercury in March it was overcooked.

With the exception of Angel Shark, lobster is my favorite. Amazingly its always been prepared excellently (others have complained of the"rubbery" characteristic). :)

On the PRIDE this May, a young couple at my table ate 13 tails between the two of them. Maybe they were from Kansas ? :D

As others have posted, being from the coast, I am used to fresh lobster, but always found the lobster onboard very good. :)

For all you lobster lovers I read where the Pinnacle will be adding lobster to the menu.

If it is fresh lobster right out of a tank, it might entice me to try out the Pinncale.

This is part of the press release:

The Pinnacle Grill features great streaks, seafood and unique signature entrees. An exciting new signature dish, cedar planked lobster with roasted garlic scampi-butter and herb crumbs, is a delectable addition to the already amazing menu offering. Other signature entrees include chicken marsala with Washington cherries and cedar planked halibut with Alaskan king crab.

On our one previous cruise, we did not know that it was "acceptable" to order more than one of ANYTHING! How would you go about ordering more than one lobster tail? - when placing your entire dinner order or after eating what was served and than asking for another? Another cruise is booked for January and I am hoping not to repeat ALL our previous mistakes!!!

Betty

Archived