The Happy Wanderer---Swingin' On A Star!

RuthC

Yesterday the folks from the Roll-Call got together for a meet n' greet. The Hotel manager came to greet us, too, and to let us know his door is always open should we need his help. He's on Deck 8 (I asked. :rolleyes: )

This was the first time in a long time that I haven't known anyone from the HAL---or anyone at all!---on the ship so it was fun getting to know some new (to me, anyway) CC folks. I think some of us stayed chatting away for almost two hours! :)

Then last night was the Captain's Welcome Toast. I didn't go---who needs toast right after dinner :o . I kind of miss the traditional Welcome Aboard Party, but as long as they put out the "good" nuts in the lounges I guess it's ok. :D

Had a very smooth sail across the North Sea to Oslo. Going back out to see some more sights.

No Ruth, that's not a song title, couldn't think of one... happy to see you're back on the waves! I'll be sailing "your" Noordam in March, but until then I'll be looking for your posts with enjoyment! Have a blast!

Hi Ruth!!!! Just got back from a mini-vacation and was so happy to see your post from the sea!!! Thank you so much for sending my message to my cabin:D . I am soooo envious.

She's an easy ship to get around on, isn't she? I can remember walking to the show lounge and thinking ... "I can't possibly be there yet!!!".

Have a wonderful time!!! I'll be monitoring this thread really closely.:)

Hi Ruth,

I see that you're going to revisit Lysefjord (add your own Norwegian accent). No waffles or glacier water this time though.

Wave to Pulpit Rock for me, and I hope it doesn't rain this time.

Have you found a night time hangout? How are your tablemates?

Boy will we have a lot to talk about, especially because I was naughty again......Remember the Johhny Cash ditty "How High's the water Papa?'

Well the answer's the same "5 feet high an risin'"

GN

Forget cabin crawls on the Vista ships, this is the ship I'd like to explore! But, alas, the invitations to suite parties just don't seem to be flooding in :rolleyes: , so I'll tell you a bit about my single inside.

It's huge! At least it's much roomier than I had ever imagined. Plenty of drawer space---bureau w/ four drawers, drawer under the bed, bookcase of shelves. There's a medicine cabinet w/ three shelves and a shelf under the vanity. I wouldn't call my closet "walk-in", but it's larger than my closet at home and has ample room to store the luggage. :) As a matter of fact, there's room enough in there for clothes for a World Cruise!

Toss in a nightstand, table, and chair and you have a comfy home away from home. :)

Forget cabin crawls on the Vista ships, this is the ship I'd like to explore! But, alas, the invitations to suite parties just don't seem to be flooding in :rolleyes: , so I'll tell you a bit about my single inside.

It's huge! At least it's much roomier than I had ever imagined. Plenty of drawer space---bureau w/ four drawers, drawer under the bed, bookcase of shelves. There's a medicine cabinet w/ three shelves and a shelf under the vanity. I wouldn't call my closet "walk-in", but it's larger than my closet at home and has ample room to store the luggage. :) As a matter of fact, there's room enough in there for clothes for a World Cruise!

Toss in a nightstand, table, and chair and you have a comfy home away from home. :)

Hmmmm. World Cruise? Are you trying to tell us something, dear? :). Thanks for the info on the cabin. At 128 sq. ft. I wasn't sure what to expect, but for my budget, couldn't justify the outside. It's a 24 day voyage.

Would love to hear more details on YOUR ports and what YOU are up to!!

Do tell.

Note to Sandy: On the Prisendam there are 3 rooms dedicated single, one inside® and two outside(Q). On your Westerdam cruise you will be in a regular inside/outside room so you will have plenty of space. Btw, my dh and I booked a Nov. cruise and that is why I am not on your sailing. Can't wait to hear how you love HAL, know you will.

Marie

Ruth, does it have the separated twins (like on the N-class ships) or can they be put together?

This is a critical issue, because it's likely that the only way I'll be able to afford a cruise on the Prinsendam will be in one of those inside cabins.

Ruth, does it have the separated twins (like on the N-class ships) or can they be put together?

This is a critical issue, because it's likely that the only way I'll be able to afford a cruise on the Prinsendam will be in one of those inside cabins.

Revneal,

my research has revealed that it is ONE twin, but we can hope Ruth has better news, lol.

Marie

Ruth.....I feel as if I know you, reading & enjoying all of your wonderful posts over the years. Happy to hear that your comfortable in your stateroom....wishing you a terrific cruise...enjoy the motion of the ocean:) & your delicious chocolates:) Looking forward to hearing more.

Lynne:)

[quote name='revneal']Ruth, does it have the separated twins (like on the N-class ships) or can they be put together?

This is a critical issue, because it's likely that the only way I'll be able to afford a cruise on the [I]Prinsendam[/I] will be in one of those inside cabins.[/quote]

i don't know I checked some prices on it this morning just to get some ideas for 2009 and the discount % is high :confused: but I certainly wouldn't want to pay the full rate

[B][SIZE=3]Fare Details Estimate[/SIZE][/B]
[B]21 DAY NORWAY, ICELAND, AND GREENLAND
Departing Thursday Jul 17, 2008
Sailing on the ms Prinsendam[/B]
[B]Stateroom Estimate[/B] Category: Q - SINGLE AVG 191 SQ FT [B]Guest 1[/B] [B]Total[/B] [B]Cruise/Tour[/B] $99,999.00 $99,999.00 [B]Discount Amount[/B]
[COLOR=red]($91,050.00) [/COLOR][COLOR=red]($91,050.00) [/COLOR][B]Result Amount[/B]
$8,949.00 $8,949.00 [B]Cancellation Plan[/B]
(Platinum) $874.00 $874.00 [B][URL="http://javascript<b></b>:openSmallPopup('/view/findcruise/popup/TaxesFees.jsp')"]Cruise/Tour Taxes & Fees[/URL][/B] $216.24 $216.24 [B]Pre/Post Transfers and Packages[/B] $122.00 $122.00 [B]Miscellaneous Charges[/B] None None [B]Customer Pays[/B]
(Final Payment Due by 5/3/08) $10,161.24 $10,161.24 [URL="http://javascript<b></b>:openSmallPopup('/view/findcruise/popup/NonDiscountable.jsp')"][B]Non-Discountable Amount[/B] [/URL]$480.00 $480.00 [B]Stateroom Deposit Requirements[/B] [B]Total[/B] [B]First Deposit[/B] $1,724.00

Note the Inside cabin shows as closed with a rate of $100,215.24 so guess someone really wanted it!

[quote name='ExaltHim']Revneal,

my research has revealed that it is ONE twin, but we can hope Ruth has better news, lol.

Marie[/QUOTE]

revneal:

Also interested in Ruth's reply. Have booked one of the 2 OUTSIDE singles next summer and I was told by Princess that there is ONE single bed.

Big question as to the outside single's size which Princess deckplan lists as 191 sq ft, 10 sq ft larger than regular outside? No calls to Princess have been successful to actually verify square footage. "Cliffdweller" (Pat) is on Ruth's sailing in one of the outside singles and she has promised to report on those 2 singles as well.

Martha

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I was the sole occupant in a row of four seats so up went the armrests and down went RuthC to sleep her way across the Atlantic. I did find Goldilocks getting ready to sleep in my bed when I returned from the lavatory, but quickly managed to reclaim what was "mine". ;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
LOL ... you managed to hoard four seats?!?!?! Lucky you! I could only dream about such luck. Every flight I seem to take is wall-to-wall bodies.

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='FinelyRetired']revneal:

Also interested in Ruth's reply. Have booked one of the 2 OUTSIDE singles next summer and I was told by Princess that there is ONE single bed.
[/QUOTE]
I know that on the QE2, one of the few ships with single accommodations, the single staterooms also only have one twin bed. Since they are smaller than the standard staterooms for that category, it would make sense.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Granted, the inside singles can be just about as pricey as getting a double with the single supplement: For instance, the October 30, 2008 twenty-four day crossing of the [I]Prinsendam[/I] -- which I am looking at as a possible cruise on the [I]Prinsendam[/I] -- quotes the following from one discounter:

K category inside: $3960

That's good ... but for that price, I think I'd go with the E, G, or D category outside for $4187, $4320, or $4360, inclusive of single supplement.

I would LOVE to do that cruise, but I don't think I can ... it goes all the way through the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and that's an important Sunday at St. Stephen's church; I don't think I can miss that day. SO ... I'll have to find another itinerary. But ... for 24 days $3960 is very reasonable considering it is inclusive of the single supplement.

Revneal,

I am on that sailing and I got a fantastic solo supplement for the R category.
I am still in a state of disbelief over what a deal it is. I so wish you were able to join us. We have a very nice roll call shaping up and the itinerary is fantastic. However, I do understand your obligation to your congregation.

Marie

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Yesterday was spent at sea with several hours of the afternoon spent "scenic cruising" in Lysefjord. Heading in from the North Sea I feared we would see nothing except the clouds, fog, and rain that had enveloped our little ship. Fortunately, the fog lifted enough---and the rain slowed just enough---that we could see what was being described by port lecturer Barbara. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]This was my fourth sail up the fjord under four different conditions. Lysefjord has many moods. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]The Prinsendam Lido pool does not have a dome, as the other ships do. This can make getting from here to there a tad difficult when there's a deluge going on outside :eek: (like there was yesterday). My cabin is right by the forward elevator, and the Lido food line starts from mid-ship and heads aft, so it makes sense to head up using the forward elevator and pass by the Lido pool. Yesterday was waaayyyy too cold and wet for that---even for me! :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Fortunately, this ship is small enough that it's no trouble to head to the aft elevator then double back. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I like it! :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Note to Greg: Marie is right---the single cabins have one single bed (and it's not all that wide, either ;)). The single inside is very well located, however. It's handy-dandy to everything, even considering that nothing's really too far away. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Gotta run---off to see what's changed in Bergen. :) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived