As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

Just on Allure for the 10 day holiday cruise to be welcomed by the comforting embrace of a 2 dollar charge for a Gin Fizz from the Pub bar........!!!!!!!! Apparently, a Deluxe Package doesn't stack any more for a Gin and sugary condiments. Seriously.....apparently RCI have decided on new menu's and new prices as of today.......JUST outside of the deluxe payment band....oh and don't get me started on the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc that is now $17 a pop. Happy Christmas one and all.....

Relax, it's the holiday cruises. Last year they bumped prices and after the new year they were back. Holiday cruises cost more

That might be the case. But if I were on one of these cruises and had bought a package I'd be very annoyed to find these extra charges. I highly doubt that RCI provided any type of notice to people booking these cruises and buying a package that they might find drinks that are typically covered under the package now being above the price limit. It is not a very nice surprise to find when you board.

Just on Allure for the 10 day holiday cruise to be welcomed by the comforting embrace of a 2 dollar charge for a Gin Fizz from the Pub bar........!!!!!!!! Apparently, a Deluxe Package doesn't stack any more for a Gin and sugary condiments. Seriously.....apparently RCI have decided on new menu's and new prices as of today.......JUST outside of the deluxe payment band....oh and don't get me started on the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc that is now $17 a pop. Happy Christmas one and all.....

:eek: I thought $12 was bad enough. It was $9 the summer of 2015.

Relax, it's the holiday cruises. Last year they bumped prices and after the new year they were back. Holiday cruises cost more

Oasis drink prices never went down after the 2015 holiday season increase - we sailed in January and then in October and the prices remained obscene. A Vintages winetender told us in October that prices were going up again, permanently. I would love it if he were mistaken, but I don't think that he is.

Edited by critterchick

And the fools wonder why people smuggle their own liquor on board ... extortionate price increases like this every time you blink an eye .... RC deserves to start losing passengers. I hope they do.

Prices go up on holiday cruises and then down the following cruise? So the drink menus on the tables get changed then changed back?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on this cruise with TC38. Drink package price is anything up to $13. Even the server in the pub last night was embarrassed that there was an up charge for the cocktails and hadn't realised the prices had gone up. They did say they knew the menu had changed as some drinks had been taken off....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's basic economics. Get used to it. Drink prices will continue to rise to insane levels until Royal ships begin losing money because of over-pricing. Every time they raise prices they make more money and so far there haven't been enough complaints or loss of sales for RCI to react. I don't like it either but wouldn't you keep raising prices as long as consumers kept forking over the cash?