Do people decorate stateroom doors?

KrystaGali

At Christmas time - Yes... The doors are magnetic so that works as well as command strips that are detachable. I have a sign that fits on the plaque by the door that holds dailies.

Edited by Chazteach1

I do every cruise, every line...but we are few and far between. But I have heard people talking outside my door with positive comments about it and wishing they had thought if it....

So, go for it. I love it:)

First time I did door decoration was one Christmas, but it is so useful to have a door marker in a long corridor that I tend to put a sprig of tinsel up every time. It also helps me to navigate from other door decorations! Once I get in the corridor I get confused with which direction I am walking in and not very good at left and right either! I'm not senile - yet, but just not good at directions so these land marks really help! Please decorate!!

Just don't put anything on the door you're not willing to lose.

:eek: Has that actually happened to you? I've door decorated each and every cruise that I have ever gone on - and not once have I ever had anything go missing.

Edited by Jane2357

Our experience on Celebrity...few do most do not..

Have seen some for b-day , just married, reunions, etc. But none over the top like we see on Royal C...

We always put our Cruise Critic door sign up with tape...you can download/print it out from the main bd someplace or maybe someone can post the link

Edited by hcat

:eek: Has that actually happened to you? I've door decorated each and every cruise that I have ever gone on - and not once have I ever had anything go missing.

Don't know what that says about your decorations.:p

Don't know what that says about your decorations.:p

LOL! :D Once I was traveling with a dog group that I belong to and one of things on our door was a little speaker box - push the button and it quietly played "who let the dogs out, woof, woof, woof-woof". We had battery operated lights around the the entire door, posters of our dogs, etc. - people were coming from all over the ship to see it and hit the button. It wasn't that loud and all our neighbors were with our group but I did remove the speaker in the evening till late morning hours.

I wonder if people decorate their doors when they go to a hotel. I don't recall seeing them.

I understand birthday or special occasion deco and even something cruise related for a group.

Good point.

"Why do people decorate stateroom doors?" might make for a more interesting thread.

Decorating doors is pretty rare on Celebrity. I can't remember ever seeing any door decorations on any Celebrity cruise we have taken. The ship is pretty classy, and most people respect the designers and don't clutter up the decor with stuff that doesn't match. Personally, I don't like door decorations. To me they are tacky, and takes away from the classy looks of the ship, much like hanging clothes to dry on balcony railings. I also don't understand the need to do this. There already numbers on or next to the door to identify the staterooms, so there is no need to slap door decorations on the door to help you find your room.

If you want to decorate, do your fellow passengers a favor and decorate only on the inside where YOU can see them, and everyone else won't. Celebrity ins't Disney, and has an entirely different atmosphere, one that caters to adults, not children.

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1

We will be celebrating my siste's 60th birthday on our next cruise and plan to put up some paper on the door for people to, if they so choose, wish her well.

We've never done it before, but do not see it as tacky. I would hope it would bring a smile to some people.

Decorating doors is pretty rare on Celebrity. I can't remember ever seeing any door decorations on any Celebrity cruise we have taken. The ship is pretty classy, and most people respect the designers and don't clutter up the decor with stuff that doesn't match. Personally, I don't like door decorations. To me they are tacky, and takes away from the classy looks of the ship, much like hanging clothes to dry on balcony railings. I also don't understand the need to do this. There already numbers on or next to the door to identify the staterooms, so there is no need to slap door decorations on the door to help you find your room.

If you want to decorate, do your fellow passengers a favor and decorate only on the inside where YOU can see them, and everyone else won't. Celebrity ins't Disney, and has an entirely different atmosphere, one that caters to adults, not children.

Darn, and there I'd planned on putting out a flock of pink flamingos on the Equinox lawn next year to celebrate a birthday! :D

Yes, someone loved our foamy boat complete with sparkly ribbons more than we did. :(

Our door decoration is able to be seen down the long corridors so we can find our way back to the cabin. Works better than leaving bread crumbs. Other passengers have remarked that it also a good beacon for them to find their way back 'home'.

Hello,

And just to provide a completely different point of view from some others on here...from an adult (have been for quite a few decades):D:D...I have seen door decorations on every Celebrity cruise I have been on. I don't consider it tacky at all. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with disrespecting the designers of the ship, and therefore takes nothing away from the beautiful design of the ship...in fact it often brightens up the hallways with fun, colorful, sometimes quite poignant (have seen military) decorations.

Celebrity caters to all ages of folks...and even adults with a fun, child-like enthusiasm and joy for life and laughing and fun, and an unbridled, wide-eyed enthusiastic approach to the joys of cruising !

And for ship-directionally-challenged individuals like my better half...the decorations do indeed help one find the cabin sometimes ! :D So, please feel free to do this passenger a favor...and decorate your door if you so desire...I quite enjoy looking, and smiling, at them !

BBL