Cabin Recategorization Coming

From email:

We've got some exciting news to announce that's going to make selling Royal Caribbean adventures even easier. Join us online on March 1st and learn all about the upcoming re-categorization of our accommodations. We're making fleet wide updates to stateroom names and deck plan codes, so finding the perfect home-away-from-home for your clients will be simpler than ever. Also learn about enhancements to Groups policies and more.

These kind of improvement preview announcements almost always tend to not be improvements except for the bottom line. Kinda makes me wonder what they plan to do with Junior Suites, which seem to be the category that causes the most confusion.

According to the "flyer" floating around, the Sky Loft suite will now be in "sky class". If that's the case, we're going to cancel. The price difference for a CLS and a SLS is too big for them to both be in the same category.

According to the "flyer" floating around, the Sky Loft suite will now be in "sky class". If that's the case, we're going to cancel. The price difference for a CLS and a SLS is too big for them to both be in the same category.

I will cancel mine too...and be really pissed. I booked the Sky Loft suite for Oct 1st this year when we were on the Liberty last summer. I'm not going to pay the price for that room if I lose the drink package, specialty dining and genie service...much less the Star class boarding and disembarkation....:mad:

What flyer? We recently booked a SLS and will be upset if it's not star class.

It not just the Skyloft suite that is no longer Star class it is also all the 2 bedroom Aquatheatre suites as well.

Only 2 Star class suites on Harmony. The Royal Loft and

The 4 bedroom suite.

3 Star class suites on Allure and Oasis. Royal Loft, Grand Loft and Owners Loft.

Looks like it's down to 1 genie per ship.

It not just the Skyloft suite that is no longer Star class it is also all the 2 bedroom Aquatheatre suites as well.

The 4 bedroom suite.

3 Star class suites on Allure and Oasis. Royal Loft, Grand Loft and Owners Loft.

Really curious why this didn't work out for Royal.

The 4 bedroom suite.

Dear OurUsualBeach,

That is not fully correct. The existing Sky Loft suites in the Oasis Class have been RE-NAMED to Star Loft Suites and are STILL in the STAR class

However all the Aquatheatre suites are gone, as per the FAQ

So, with 6 Suites in total on the Oasis Class, that seems like 2 Genies per ship

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

Dear OurUsualBeach,

That is not fully correct. The existing Sky Loft suites in the Oasis Class have been RE-NAMED to Star Loft Suites and are STILL in the STAR class

However all the Aquatheatre suites are gone, as per the FAQ

So, with 6 Suites in total on the Oasis Class, that seems like 2 Genies per ship

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

Thanks Panjabi.

Wouldn't that leave 4 Star suites on Harmony and 5 on Oasis and Allure? Still probably 2 Genies.

From email:

We've got some exciting news to announce that's going to make selling Royal Caribbean adventures even easier. Join us online on March 1st and learn all about the upcoming re-categorization of our accommodations. We're making fleet wide updates to stateroom names and deck plan codes, so finding the perfect home-away-from-home for your clients will be simpler than ever. Also learn about enhancements to Groups policies and more.

Unfortunately Captain Tito, every time Royal Caribbean re-catorizes their cabins, the only people who benefit are the shareholders of Royal Caribbean. I've not yet seen any that benefit the consumer. Just a way to increase profit margins.