She's always cold

pokerguy90

I'm always cold!!

I bring a sweatshirt to throw on over my clothes if I get cold at breakfast or in our cabin.

I bring a cardigan to wear over my dresses if I get cold in the dining room or bars at night.

The only time I get hot is in the sun by the pool. In that case...a pina colada does the trick. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends!

on a few things.

In the room,cabin, or stateroom....definitely too warm (in my personal experience, per last three cruises taken between 2014 and 2016. I have no idea why they still keep putting those heavy although fluffy duvets on beds in staterooms when very few people can use them, total waste of materials in MHO.

In public areas, ie dining rooms, I have never found the temps to be uncomfortable, just fine for me, not too cold nor too warm, same goes for theaters, and promenade decks.

Generally, for me the only place I have issues with heat, and excessive heat is in the stateroom, and this only in the last four years or so.

I must have more insulation than most. :) Our cabins have been warmish during the day but get cool enough to sleep at night but I rarely need covers. I don't recall ever being "cold" but I am usually comfortable enough and if not it's nothing another beer won't fix.

Like others, I bring extra layers too. Even for the Caribbean cruises. So I bring a couple of different cardigans for dinner in the MDR, and ones I can use with a nice dress for formal nights too. Then I always have at least 1-2 sweatshirts, a pair of jeans, and I love my soft, fuzzy pants (as I call them), for lounging around. But like someone else said too, a few places that seem chilly at first will warm up once it fills in. But I'm also one of those always cold people too, so I have to have the extra layers.

Cabins are warm and public spaces are mostly comfortable to an average person. If your SO is cold-natured, have her bring a sweater. Most people here on CC seem to complain the cabins are way too warm to sleep comfortably and thus bring fans.

As you can already tell, you are going to get conflicting answers, since cold or warm is a matter of personal preference. It's almost never to cool for me onboard, but my wife sometimes gets cold, especially at night. She takes a light jacket and/or sweater.

In the cabins its always cold to me. I always bring comfy pants and fluffy socks to sleep in. I usually bring a light sweater just in case for the shows but I don't recall ever using it. I think I've used it at dinner once or twice.

It seems to depend on the ship. The room temp is adjustable but the public areas can sometimes be a little on the chilly side with the exception of the lido buffet which never seems cold since the doors are always opening and closing. As others have suggested, bring layers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cabins are HOT HOT HOT, especially at night. We bring fans and it's still barely tolerable.

Odd that I hear a significant number of posters say this, yet we have never gotten a "hot" cabin. I've thought about this and have concluded that perhaps the answer lies in how warm or cool folks keep their homes. It's just a theory, but for example, we keep the thermostat in our home on 76-77 during hot months, which is quite comfortable to a body acclimated to it, and thusly many restaurants and businesses feel cold to us and every ship cabin we're ever stayed in feels pretty comfortable. Like I said, it's just a theory, but easier to believe than us having been fortunate enough to have never gotten one of those "hot" cabins in over a dozen cruises. Do you think I'm on the right track here, or just very, very lucky in always choosing one of the "cool" cabins?