Live from Quest

excitedofharpenden

Having a great time here on Quest. I know there have been mutterings of the ship not quite, how shall I put this? Shipshape? Well I am happy to report that from this cruiser's perspective it is really excellent. I have now worries. Everything looks sparkle clean and the crew as you'd expect from Azamara is engaging.

I've been eating in the Specialties and enjoying some great food. Fabio is Exec Chef and as per usual his influence is a very positive one. I'm particularly proud to have tackled some fish in Aqualina. The Dover Sole was delicious.

I've booked the follow on and a Captain Carl will be superseded by Jose in Fujairah as will Ryszard Gussman for Philip Herbert. The delightful Bar Manager Alme will also join in UAE

Security arrived onboard today. Pirate watch to follow soon.

Phil

I agree with Phil, & as a first timer with Azamara, I am more than pleased with the ship, the furnishings on deck especially, the gym & spa pool, the main dining rooms, buffet, Aqualina & the Chef's Table have all been exceptionally successful evenings, with some of the best company I have had anywhere, easy to talk to, no one-up-manship or anything, others happy to provide advice on ports they are familiar with.

I have been an avid reader here & elsewhere, whilst not being concerned I wouldn't like it, I LOVE IT!! Meet & Mingle was well attended and met a few familiar scribes. The shower isn't even as bad as I had expected from reviews! Looking forward to meeting more people as we stay on board until Chennai.

Would recommend & wouldn't hesitate to return.

Karyn & Glen

Cabin 7044

Azamara Quest

10th Nov - 9th Dec 2014

Having a great time here on Quest. I know there have been mutterings of the ship not quite, how shall I put this? Shipshape? Well I am happy to report that from this cruiser's perspective it is really excellent. Phil

Hi Phil: Just tuned in to your live report and loved seeing the Suite photos. Reading your posts makes us feel as though we are back on the Quest and hope you will continue to keep us all informed.

Safe travels and best wishes from Jan & Frank (Shoesonfire):D

Hi Phil

Glad that you are having such a wonderful time. My review of our recent cruise on Quest has just been published on CC, in the Review section. I reported on an immaculate Quest, in great condition. The only signs of wear that we saw was, unfortunately and greatly surprisingly, the brand new deck furniture. When the lovely pads were removed in the evenings we noticed that the mesh that forms the base was already torn on several sunbeds.

Look forward to following you on your journey.

Have a great time!

Lynne :)

Hi Phil. It's so nice to see a "live" post from you and to read that the Quest is in good shape--especially since Bob and I have 5 cruises booked on her. ;)

I look forward to your posts and wish for you good weather and great fun!

Garry

Just off the Insignia Tuesday and next is Quest Feb. 17 so your wonderful news about the shape of Quest is good news indeed.

Could you check out the library please? New fiction books? If they have newish fiction I don't have to download so much or bring my own. Every ounce counts. How is the pool? What brand shampoo and soaps?

Thanks!

So glad you are having a great time on Quest Phil. Of course she is in great shape! :)

As you know, Hazel and I are on Journey now....and she is in great shape too.

We are loving the new Aqualina menu's and are going again tonight. The Limoncello Souffle is delicious.

Having a great time here on Quest. I know there have been mutterings of the ship not quite, how shall I put this? Shipshape? Well I am happy to report that from this cruiser's perspective it is really excellent. I have now worries. Everything looks sparkle clean and the crew as you'd expect from Azamara is engaging.

I've been eating in the Specialties and enjoying some great food. Fabio is Exec Chef and as per usual his influence is a very positive one. I'm particularly proud to have tackled some fish in Aqualina. The Dover Sole was delicious.

I've booked the follow on and a Captain Carl will be superseded by Jose in Fujairah as will Ryszard Gussman for Philip Herbert. The delightful Bar Manager Alme will also join in UAE

Phil

Lovely to read your live report and to hear that everything is as good as usual. Looking forward to our Quest cruise to Burma in January and especially pleased to hear that Alme will be on the Quest. If you see her, can you find out if she will still be on for the 20th January cruise. Please say hello from Rose and Steve and assure her that Steve will be there to help her fold the towels again! 😄 Last saw her on a day visit on the Journey in Southampton in August when she was just going off duty. Enjoy your cruise!

Phil

Phil,

You had fish, I am impressed!

Great to hear Quest is impressive. Are you onboard until early December now?

I saw the picture of your dancing shoes, does this mean I have competition on the dance floor lol!

Enjoy your wonderful trip

Vicki

I can confirm the Limoncillo Soufflé is indeed delicious. I'll try to answer the questions as I find out. The soap and shampoo etc are About Rose. I like them, but others don't. I'm afraid I can't answer on the pool as I don't use it. I'll go and take a look in the library. Rose, I will ask Alme. I think she will be on a while, but will check.

Continuing to live this cruise. Jazz brunch the other day was excellent.

Phil

Just off the Insignia Tuesday and next is Quest Feb. 17 so your wonderful news about the shape of Quest is good news indeed.

Could you check out the library please? New fiction books? If they have newish fiction I don't have to download so much or bring my own. Every ounce counts. How is the pool? What brand shampoo and soaps?

Thanks!

I went and had a look in the library. I frequent there as often as the gym. LOL. It's well stocked with fiction and non-fiction and very tidy, at the moment anyway.

Tony Markey is doing an excellent job as CD. Very friendly and approachable.

Phil

Tony Markey is doing an excellent job as CD. Very friendly and approachable.

Phil

Phil, do you know if he will he be on the Quest late March/early April?

On another note, you ate fish????? :eek: :D

Garry

I am reminded of the threads we used to see on the Celebrity forum like this, "Is the interior of the Celebrity Mercury looking worn and aged?" Some of the posters would try to make it sound like Mercury and Galaxy should be sent to the breakers just because they found some place where the carpet was worn. Phil was the voice of reason in those days too.

Thanks for posting Phil.

Phil,

Thanks for posting, do you know how long Captain Carl is on Vacation, thought he might be on our cruise on 3rd February from Singapore.

Also is there a new Maitre'd from Seabourn onboard I think his name is Bogdan.

Enjoying reading about the food etc.

Phil,

Thanks for posting, do you know how long Captain Carl is on Vacation, thought he might be on our cruise on 3rd February from Singapore.

Also is there a new Maitre'd from Seabourn onboard I think his name is Bogdan.

Enjoying reading about the food etc.

I think that cruise Jose is still on and the next one Carl. somewhere is the winter list on CC.

Hello Phil, I saw your name and had to pop in and say how glad I am your having such a good time.

I haven't been on CC for about a year , but as Mike and I have just booked to sail our very last voyage next year on Silouette's TA from Rome on the 31st . Nov. , I am back on CC .

The trip is our 50th wedding Anniversay present to ourselves.

Continue to have a great cruise Phil. :)