Tier Level on Celebrity

Cruise Raider

We have been looking forward to obtaining our elite status on Celebrity and assumed, based on the Celebrity website, that after our next cruise, we would be elites.

So, come to find out that the website could be easily changed to be more accurate, but to date, it has not been.

Select status states: (5-9 earned tier credits)**

Elite status states: (After 10 earned tier credits)**

Now, anybody with a 4th grade education would ask, where do you stand on a sailing while earning your 10th cruise....which is left out of the equation above and on the Celebrity website. Either select status should state 5-10 earned tier credits or elite should say and above. The website used to show 10+ earned credits, which was deceptive and updated to 'after 10 earned credits'. They still didn't get it right as they didn't update the select status, as they should have.

Either way, was booking a cruise after my 9th earned credit only to find out I have another cruise to go before getting there.

:confused:

I thought about this after I made the last post, but too late to edit it.

The web site is correct as it stands. You do not get elite perks until you have completed the cruise that gives you 10 or more points. If you have 9 points and start a cruise, you will be select on that cruise, earning your 10th cruise point at the end of that cruise. At the completion of that cruise, now with 10 or more points, you will be elite on your next cruise.

If you start the cruise already having earned 10 credits, you will be elite on that cruise. If you start with 9 credits, you will be select on that cruise.

I agree it is worded in a confusing way....but it is correct as it stands.

I don't understand the confusion, other than trying to figure out the OP's post. I've always understood it to be, earn ten cruises credits, after that you're elite.

You don't get the benefits on the cruise that you are earning them on, you get them on the next cruise.

Seems to be much ado about nothing.

I don't understand the confusion, other than trying to figure out the OP's post. I've always understood it to be, earn ten cruises credits, after that you're elite.

You don't get the benefits on the cruise that you are earning them on, you get them on the next cruise.

Seems to be much ado about nothing.

Agree. It seems pretty simple. You become elite AFTER you have earned your 10 cruise credits.

Perhaps "After 10" to the OP reads like "greater than 10"--which would technically not include 10. But "After 10" here certainly means after you have attained your 10th cruise credit (which includes 10).

We have been looking forward to obtaining our elite status on Celebrity and assumed, based on the Celebrity website, that after our next cruise, we would be elites.

So, come to find out that the website could be easily changed to be more accurate, but to date, it has not been.

Now, anybody with a 4th grade education would ask, where do you stand on a sailing while earning your 10th cruise...

I asked my 2nd grade niece, she believed during your 10th cruise, you haven't yet completed it and therefore haven't yet earned the 10th credit until the cruise os over so select status is in effect until the 10th credit is earned once the 10th cruise is complete.

To the OP, you're Elite when that magical day comes when upon logging in and checking the "My Celebrity" page on the X website, it reads out "ELITE." Until then, you're not. ;)

Now, anybody with a 4th grade education would ask, where do you stand on a sailing while earning your 10th cruise....which is left out of the equation above and on the Celebrity website. Either select status should state 5-10 earned tier credits or elite should say and above. The website used to show 10+ earned credits, which was deceptive and updated to 'after 10 earned credits'. They still didn't get it right as they didn't update the select status, as they should have.

Either way, was booking a cruise after my 9th earned credit only to find out I have another cruise to go before getting there.

:confused:

You stand on your 9th credit which you earned after your last sailing.

Perhaps the OP's confusion stems from the fact that on other cruise lines, you are granted the higher status on the cruise that earns you that status. From the other posts here, I would say that is not true on Celebrity.

I may be incorrect, but Princess does it the same way Celebrity does. To become Elite, you need to complete the 10th cruise.

I may be incorrect, but Princess does it the same way Celebrity does. To become Elite, you need to complete the 10th cruise.

On Princess you need to complete 15 cruises to be elite. On their website it says from your 16th cruise on or 151+ cruise days.

On Princess if you travel solo (pay double) you get 2 credits for each cruise.

On Princess you need to complete 15 cruises to be elite. On their website it says from your 16th cruise on or 151+ cruise days.

On Princess if you travel solo (pay double) you get 2 credits for each cruise.

oops, you are correct. I was thinking of 10 for Celebrity.....sorry:D:D

• 4 months later...

I am usually pretty good with numbers but I found it confusing as well.

We have two Tier Credits and are about to do back to back cruises on Celebrity that will earn us two credits per cruise (a 12 day and a 15 day). Initially I thought we would move up to Select on the second part of the back to back but that is the cruise that earns us credits putting us in the 5-9 category. We will have 6 credits when we are done.

They could make the wording easier to understand on the Celebrity website. All we were hoping for was the 25% discount on an internet package for the 15 day Atlantic crossing so not really a big deal.

AE_Collector

We have two Tier Credits and are about to do back to back cruises on Celebrity that will earn us two credits per cruise (a 12 day and a 15 day). Initially I thought we would move up to Select on the second part of the back to back but that is the cruise that earns us credits putting us in the 5-9 category. We will have 6 credits when we are done.

They could make the wording easier to understand on the Celebrity website. All we were hoping for was the 25% discount on an internet package for the 15 day Atlantic crossing so not really a big deal.

AE_Collector

I've read elsewhere that some have had success on a B2B that will push them over that by chatting up the CC Host they may "advance" the perks. YMMV.

It's all about the status you set foot on the ship with. On your first Celebrity cruise, you had 0 so you had no status. On your second cruise, you had 1 (or 2 or 3), so you had Classic status. After you had earned 5, you stepped onto the ship with Select status. And after you have earned 10, you will step onto the ship as Elite. It's simple.

I will be earning my Elite status on Summit in December. I will have Elite status on the cruise I book after that.

Yes I think I have it figured out now. I guess we could book one of the higher level cabins to get the extra credit on the first trip so that we had 5 credits rather than 4 to start the B2B cruise.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Terry

That would work.

AE_Collector

Thanks for this. It just seems like the 10th cruise is left out of the equation....on that 10th cruise, we are not in the select (5-9) or the elite (after 10) category. There is no spot for those passengers on their 10th cruise -- where I know it is still select, the website doesn't state that.

Thanks for this. It just seems like the 10th cruise is left out of the equation....on that 10th cruise, we are not in the select (5-9) or the elite (after 10) category. There is no spot for those passengers on their 10th cruise -- where I know it is still select, the website doesn't state that.

You are not left out of the equation on the 10th cruise......

An the 10 cruise you have completed NINE CRUISES..........you are therefore still Select.

After that cruise you are on your ELEVENth CRUISE, having COMPLETED TEN CRUISES.....and you have then earned ELITE STATUS.

Archived