First time D--tipping in D Lounge?

I'd search, but I'm typing this in the lounge on an RCI connection, so if you know the answer, you know how slow that is!

What is a typical tip for the concierge and staff, and how do you deliver it? The crew has been amazing so far, and I don't want to stiff anyone!

Thanks!

I'd search, but I'm typing this in the lounge on an RCI connection, so if you know the answer, you know how slow that is!

What is a typical tip for the concierge and staff, and how do you deliver it? The crew has been amazing so far, and I don't want to stiff anyone!

Thanks!

Personally we give $2.50 per drink to the wait staff during the evening in the CL or DL then $50.00 each at end of cruise for good service, more if excellent.

The Concierge usually receives about $50.00 at the end of Cruise, but more if they assisted us well.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I give $1 per drink ordered to the server. If we have a favorite server will give another $10-$20 on the final night.

Concierge is tipped if we use any of his or her services commensurate with the service or task. Otherwise if we do not have any requests of them we do not.

Always in cash.

Edited by LMaxwell

I have tipped $2.00 per drink to my server during the nightly event, but have never used the Concierge for any services, so the thought of tipping him/her never even entered my mind.

I, too, am interested in some $$ guidelines just in case I ever do need to use them for bookings, changes, etc.

For us it's at least $1 per drink served and for the concierge at least $5 per day (add more if concierge does something for you).

This is really good sensible advice. The staff and concierge would be elated if everyone followed these guidelines.

This is really good sensible advice. The staff and concierge would be elated if everyone followed these guidelines.

The $5/day for the concierge seemed kind of high to me, since it implied that was a minimum amount, even if he/she doesn't do anything for you (since the "more if he does something for you" comment was added). But, I agree with you that the concierge would probably be elated if everyone did that. :)

We give $1 per drink served and extra at the end of the cruise if great service.

The Concierge gets a tip if we used his/her services - the amount varies depending on services rendered. The Concierge's salary was reduced a number of years ago as they are expected to get gratuities from guests. They are Guest Services employees and actually do GS tasks when not in the CL.

The waiter who bring the food is often forgotten as well as the one from Chops who services the Cappuccino machine. The latter is usually done in the late evening hours after he is done with his duties in Chops.

We don't usually tip the concierge unless we ask for their assistance but we tend toward $2 per drink and have tipped extra at the end of the week if we get extraordinary service.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We tipped the concierge $20.00 and our wait staff $20.00 each too in the CL on Explorer. Plus we give $ 2.00 per drink.

All worked incredibly hard remembering our nightly drinks order, how we liked them etc. They were really exemplary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Alohaaloha

With all the tipping threads on CC, I don't remember this one!

We're already WAY beyond the "tip as you go" thing, so we'll probably do 20 or so per server and similar or a little more for the concierge, who's been very good even though we haven't asked much of him. We usually minimally use hotel concierges, for instance, so rarely tip. And tipping on RCI is all over the place to begin with!

We tip a $1 per drink so for us about $30 at the end of the week for the servers. The concierge we rarely use but if they have made reservations or such for us we tip accordingly. This is one place I feel really enhances our cruise experience so I want to remember them at the end.

I do notice some tipping nightly which is fine too. We just always wait till the last night. It doesn't matter how much or when just do leave them something. They work hard to please you.

$1 per drink, alcoholic or not, whether served in lounge or at any of the bars using the voucher system.

I learned the hard way that if you don't tip your bar server, they are NOT tipped internally by showing their name on the $0.00 receipt for your free happy hour drink... they only receive any money directly from you.

I never thought about tipping the Diamond Lounge (or now Concierge Lounge) Concierge unless I requested special help... but perhaps a small thank-you at the end of the week is in order for maintaining the room, providing the morning continental breakfast, keeping the coffee machine filled, etc.

I am kinda embarrassed. I always tip extra especially the cabin steward, and for some reason it never occurred to me to tip the person in the lounge...it makes total sense now, and I will certainly do it moving forward. maybe a $20.00 or something like that. I am glad I saw this thread... THANKS

For us it's at least $1 per drink served and for the concierge at least $5 per day (add more if concierge does something for you).

We used to tip the servers on the last night, but now with the vouchers it makes sense to tip by the drink, and $1 to $2 per drink is reasonable.

However, I'm always hard pressed to come up with logic for a significant tip for the concierge, if they've provided no special service. Yes, I've heard the story about salary reduction, but don't feel it is up to me to be aware of how RC compensates various employees. I don't tip the photographer, or the pool patrol guy, for being personable and doing a competent job, what is different about the concierge? It seems to me that he has underlings that set up breakfast and clean the areas, with the concierge usually on the phone, taking care of special requests for guests. Those are the guests that should provide his supplemental income.

Guest maddycat
I give $1 per drink ordered to the server. If we have a favorite server will give another $10-$20 on the final night.

Concierge is tipped if we use any of his or her services commensurate with the service or task. Otherwise if we do not have any requests of them we do not.

Always in cash.

This is exactly what we used to do. However, on our last couple of cruises we have been skipping the diamond lounge and drinking at the bar in Boleros. Our tips go to the bartender.