any new feature you wuold like to see on cruisecritic?

ontheweb

Maybe separate sections for the Med, Alaska, Caribbean, cruises, etc. There have been a lot of questions from the UK lately, maybe they need their own section too. I go to answer a question and it may be about Alaska where we've never sailed or a town in Europe. I don't mind the questions but if I knew what they were about I wouldn't have to open them.

Maybe separate sections for the Med, Alaska, Caribbean, cruises, etc. There have been a lot of questions from the UK lately, maybe they need their own section too. I go to answer a question and it may be about Alaska where we've never sailed or a town in Europe. I don't mind the questions but if I knew what they were about I wouldn't have to open them.

You likely know this but there might be some reading here who aren't aware if you hover your mouse over a thread title, you can see some of the first words of the post and might get a clue you are or are not interested in reading more.

I find it a nice feature on CC.

In addition to the original poster's handle listed under the post (on the main page), I would like the date of the original post. That way if it's an old post, I know that up front instead of reading the first posts and thinking "what?!?" then realizing it's old information.

Private messaging would be nice, too.

There is no 'voting again' in a poll. On CC, only one vote per CC'er is permitted. :)

I understand that. What I meant to say is that if you voted early, and then later if you wanted to see the percentages after many more votes were in, voting again would be the only way.

Actually there is a way to vote more than once. (I'm not saying I have done this.) I could vote on my computer on which I am signed in, and then later vote on a library computer without signing in.

Yes, if you were so inclined, you could go to the trouble of finding a different IP Address and using a different 'nickname' (which is against CC rules) and vote again which is also against CC rules. But why would anyone go to those lengths? :confused:

In addition to the original poster's handle listed under the post (on the main page), I would like the date of the original post. That way if it's an old post, I know that up front instead of reading the first posts and thinking "what?!?" then realizing it's old information.

I second that!!! :-) Other forums using this same type of software have that feature, and I find it to be a great timesaver.

You likely know this but there might be some reading here who aren't aware if you hover your mouse over a thread title, you can see some of the first words of the post and might get a clue you are or are not interested in reading more.

I find it a nice feature on CC.

I like that feature too! :)

I would like if you make a post and then change your mind or for whatever reason want to delete it, we'd have maybe five or so minutes that we could completely remove it.

Also.... CC used to permit editing for a few minutes after posting without getting the notation at the bottom of a post that it had been edited. I wish we could have a few minutes to correct spelling or content without that message showing.

Edited by sail7seas

I would like to edit my posts at any time. Of course, the system needs to add a line saying date and time this post was last changed.

I must commend the operators on the better search feature. If looking for improvements, it could use a time filter to cut off posts over X years old.

However, I have to say I am happy with the Board functions.

Thanks,

M

The date and the time the post was written is at the top of each post below the poster's name! Just open your eyes to see it then decide how long it was and if answer is necessary. I have seen answers to questions about a cruise after the cruise is over!

I view a sports message board that had a 'participated' icon in the top right of any page on that board. If a comment has been made in a thread I participated in, it will show *new* next to 'participated' . I can then click on the 'participated' icon and a box opens up with every thread I have subscribed to.

From there I can click the new one(s) and it goes to the last comment I read. I can also mark any/all of them 'read'

Very easy to see the conversations you are involved in and navigate from different boards as some threads get moved....I check email on my phone so I don't always click to the link in the email immediately.

Much easier to keep up with conversations on multiple boards and much more user friendly than the emails.

Participated icon....says New in the box when new action to a thread you're subscribed to

participated_zpsb5d8c61b.png

Participating box....shows all threads you are involved in

participatedbox_zps95d50ad3.png

Edited by txflood33

I would like to see post with no replies for a year be locked - they would still show up on searches but people would not be responding to very old questions.

I would also like to see a way to add photos without first having to add them to another site.

I view a sports message board that had a 'participated' icon in the top right of any page on that board. If a comment has been made in a thread I participated in, it will show *new* next to 'participated' . I can then click on the 'participated' icon and a box opens up with every thread I have subscribed to.

From there I can click the new one(s) and it goes to the last comment I read. I can also mark any/all of them 'read'

If you set your subscriptions to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post (no notifications so you don't get emails), you can see new posts in any of your participated threads in the User Control Panel (aka, User CP).

I do it this way and also subscribe to specific sections like "Ask a Cruise Question" and those sections all show up in the User CP right below the subscribed threads with new posts.

I would like to see post with no replies for a year be locked - they would still show up on searches but people would not be responding to very old questions.

I would also like to see a way to add photos without first having to add them to another site.

someone has to host the image and some images are quite large. This site has a lot of boards and content....they would have to increase server capacity to host all of the random pics that would get added.

It's much easier and more economical to let someone else host and then link them.