Now we need to pay luggage tags - WOW!

ISABELLA

After being away from the Royal for a few years, decided to sail again. Fill out all info to print my set sail pass and order my luggage tags. Come to find out that now to order luggage tags cost $35, but I was advised that I can print a paper one for free, that can be attached with a tape or staple. Who travels with a staples or a tape? I hope my suite case made it into my cabin with a paper tag.

That is definitely WOW!

It actually works just fine ..You put them on when you get to pier and they stay on quite well.You fold them to make them thick and then staple.Ive done it for two yrs now.No big deal at all or you can have royal print and put tags on at pier.Dont sweat it.

As others have said, no mass market lines send you tags anymore. Some suites categories on some lines send tags (such as NCL Haven), but most don't.

I bought a set of clear reusable tag holders (this site even sells them) that I can place on my bags once I arrive at the port. Works great.

After being away from the Royal for a few years, decided to sail again. Fill out all info to print my set sail pass and order my luggage tags. Come to find out that now to order luggage tags cost $35, but I was advised that I can print a paper one for free, that can be attached with a tape or staple. Who travels with a staples or a tape? I hope my suite case made it into my cabin with a paper tag.

That is definitely WOW!

If the shocking WOW factor is high with the luggage tags, wait until you board the ship and see how much cruising is all nickel and diming nowadays!:eek:;)

You can buy plastic tag holders either via CC or Amazon. We have used these on our last few cruises and they worked fine for us and they are re-usable.

We print the tags at home and put them in the holders, then just put on the suitcase at the port.

Our plan is to "laminate" them with packing tape, then put a hole punch in the bottom just above where it says to staple, and put a twist tie through the holes to keep it on the luggage. We will do this all from home, just actually putting it on the luggage right before we get to the pier.

That is definitely WOW!

We are really pulling for you here. I can only imagine what pain this has caused you..

Definitely hope you make it through this!

We got some of these and they work great with the RCI printed versions. You can reuse them as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413401072&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tag+holders+cruise

Tom

Thanks for the resource! Just placed my order!

That is definitely WOW!

Just an FYI, but the $35 is for a spiral booklet with your documents in it. The luggage tags that are included with your documents are free.:D

As others have said, no mass market lines send you tags anymore. Some suites categories on some lines send tags (such as NCL Haven), but most don't.

I bought a set of clear reusable tag holders (this site even sells them) that I can place on my bags once I arrive at the port. Works great.

RCI provides complimentary luggage tags to those booked in a GS and above and Pinnacle Club C&A Members. They are not automatic and must be ordered when the electronic e-docs are ready.

Edited by cruisenfever

Use clear package tape to "laminate" your paper tags, and then staple them, works great!

This ^

I did the exact same thing on my first Carnival cruise 6.5 years ago. Those tags are STILL on that duffle bag today! I dont use that bag anymore and have been meaning to take them off. Just never got around to it.

You don't have to do a "craft' project! Get your tags from the porters when you drop your bags...free and easy.

Lol!

Agreed!

Just tape em on.They will stay.No need to laminate,put in protective plastic etc.

Thats just way over the top for nothing.After they are folded and thick they wont just pull off easily.You literally have to work at it to get them off.

Lol!

Agreed!

Just tape em on.They will stay.No need to laminate,put in protective plastic etc.

Thats just way over the top for nothing.After they are folded and thick they wont just pull off easily.You literally have to work at it to get them off.

Here is another link her on CC that has the tags for $2.95 each. Not much more for the protective plastic than your tape and they can be reused for multiple cruise and other trips. Also, can be done before you leave so that you just have to attach to your bags. Then, the come off real easy, no need to work at getting them off. I don't see what they big issue is??? Of course IMO.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

Edited by akcruz