Sad News :-(

ger_77

With the permission of his wife Diane, it saddens me deeply to let you know that one of our own has boarded his final cruise. Jim Vrhovac, a long time contributor to CC passed away this evening and will join his late wife Ruth on their journey through the stars.

Many will think of Jim with a smile, remembering the 17 pieces of luggage they brought onboard because every day required a change of 2 or 3 different sets of slippers, in addition to several pair for gifts to staff and passengers alike. You may also recall his hilarious journalling of their trip from Orlando to Tampa with many stops along the way due to his having ingested copious amounts of what he called “swamp cabbage.”

May his memory live on in our hearts and his soul rest in peace.

Smooth Sailing Jim!

Gerry

(a proud recipient of a pair of slippers):(

Edited by ger_77

Can you please post what Jim's username was? I think I know who you mean but want to make sure.

My condolences to all his friends and family. If memory serves, his threads were always highly entertaining.

Can you please post what Jim's username was? I think I know who you mean but want to make sure.

My condolences to all his friends and family. If memory serves, his threads were always highly entertaining.

He used his real name here - something most of us choose not to. JimVrhovac is what his username was. If you do a search for him, you'll find his posts.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

it's been a very long time since I have seen any posts from Jim but I remember that I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of reading his stories. He was quite a character and I always hoped he would reappear. Sadly, I now know that he won't.

it's been a very long time since I have seen any posts from Jim but I remember that I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of reading his stories. He was quite a character and I always hoped he would reappear. Sadly, I now know that he won't.

We too remember his posts and the many slippers he posted about and wore. We enjoyed one cruise with them years ago.

Very sad to hear of Jim's passing. My DH and I were blessed to have shared some tours with Jim and Ruth. We were also their guests at our very first Pinnacle dinner on the Maasdam. Lovely memories of lovely people.

Denise

This, indeed is sad news and I am sorry to hear it. may he r rest in peace.

He used 'his name' as his postr name.... Jim Vrhovac (sp?)

The photos of his car with all their luggage were a riot. :D Loved his slippers! I wonder how many HAL crew/officers still have them? :)