No more customs forms on Liberty

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that customs declaration forms are no longer required, at least not on Liberty. We just got off the ship yesterday. We noticed the night before that the room steward had not left us any of the forms. We went down to guest services to see if there were any forms sitting out. There were no forms in sight and the line for guest services was all the way down the hall. So we went back to our deck and found a room steward in the hallway. He told us that starting last week, you only have to fill out the form if you have something to declare (I guess meaning if you went over the duty free limits).

There was no mention of this change in the Debarkation Information paper. It still says "Bring your Customs Declaration Form (one per household", passport or birth certificate, and Sail and Sail card with you to the gangway". Not good communication, Carnival. :( Hopefully, they will update their information soon.

When we went through customs, the officer just asked us if we had anything to declare, we said no and that was that.

this might help speed up customs and debarkation. I got a feeling all of the holdup/delays at custom might be from people incorrectly filling out the form.

I'm sure it will. It always seems silly to fill out the form to say that we spent $15 for a t-shirt. :) I don't mind the forms going away at all. I just wish Carnival had communicated better so we could have saved ourselves the trip to guest services at midnight.

No forms on Magic either

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

There were customs forms required on the April 22, 2017 Magic cruise when we did the B2B switch, but on the April 29, 2017 Magic cruise we were given the forms on the ship the night before reaching port, but we were told by customs once we were in the terminal that the forms were no longer needed. The change must have occurred during the week of April 29th.

I second this! Not sure why that person felt a need to comment like that.

I agree that the comment wasn't needed. I am assuming that the person who posted about Anthem is on a mobile device where it is difficult to see if you are in a specific forum. Since this forum is specific to Carnival, they felt the need to point it out. I really don't see where the comment about the Anthem or the response to it is worth anyone getting upset over.

There were customs forms required on the April 22, 2017 Magic cruise when we did the B2B switch, but on the April 29, 2017 Magic cruise we were given the forms on the ship the night before reaching port, but we were told by customs once we were in the terminal that the forms were no longer needed. The change must have occurred during the week of April 29th.

The steward we talked to said it took effect May 1.

We had no customs form on our 4/8th cruise on the NCL Escape either. There was a note I read somewhere onboard that they were not required as of March 3rd(?) I believe. Though I've not seen any other notice of that. It said you only need to fill out the customs form if you have something to declare

I was looking forward to using the Mobile Passport app on our cruise in 2 weeks. Dang

Just bring back a bunch of bottles of liquor and then you can still use the app. Expensive jewelry would work too. :)

Just got off the Dream yesterday and had to fill out the form! went through customs and they looked at the form and ask about the alcohol and I told them how much I had and they said "have a good day". But, the cruise went to Jamaica!

Just off Conquest yesterday and had to fill out the form.That being said the guy at customs didnt even look at it or ask us any questions.He just added it to the pile of his.

This will be a nice change. No way we ever exceed the dollar limit, so a quick reporting of alcohol and cigarettes will be easy.

My granddaughters will love it too. I always made them keep a running daily account, knowing full well it would be impossible for them to reach the dollar limit, or purchase liquor/cigarettes.

I like it.