Poll: Would You Cruise to Cuba?

Editor Gina

If U.S. cruise ships started calling in Cuba, would you go?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If U.S. cruise ships started calling in Cuba, would you go?

• Yes, in a heartbeat.
    • Yes, I'd consider.
    • Maybe, it's too soon to tell.
    • No, I don't have the desire.

Hi all!

This is Gina, the associate editor here at Cruise Critic HQ, and we're trying to get an idea of who would cruise to Cuba. We'd love for you to chime in on the poll, below.

If U.S. cruise ships started calling in Cuba, would you go?

- Yes, in a heartbeat.

- Yes, I'd consider.

- Maybe, it's too soon to tell.

- No, I don't have the desire.

Additional comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Gina

No - I would not cruise to Cuba.

However, we are going to Cuba this February on a 16 day land trip, So if you asked if I would travel to Cuba, I would say yes and in a heartbeat. In fact, Cuba has always been on my bucket list.

DON

Yes, I have already been on a cruise to Cuba, but as I am from the UK and live in Spain, it is something that I can do! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, it was wonderful to be in Havana and then the surrounding countryside. I would hate to see too many changes taking place if huge cruise ships were allowed to moor there.

I'll wait until there are regular scheduled flights from the US to Havana, then book a couple of days at a beach-side resort on the island as a pre-cruise. Given how long it will take for gov't to put things in place, I might be waiting a long time for this to happen. Too many political and economic issues before we can plan a trip like this.

I'm sure the cruise lines have all anticipated the opening of Cuba as a port-of-call and are busy dusting off plans made long ago to see how this can be implemented. Bet the port taxes will be far less than Miami if the cruises leave from Havana. Is that why my CCL and RCI stock jumped so much today?

darcy

Yes, in a heartbeat. And by the way, I was thinking of that response after reading the title and before I opened up the OP's thread.

We are in the 21st Century now. Let's hope that the professional obstructionists in Washington don't continue to keep this choice from us!

Yes, I have already been on a cruise to Cuba, but as I am from the UK and live in Spain, it is something that I can do! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, it was wonderful to be in Havana and then the surrounding countryside. I would hate to see too many changes taking place if huge cruise ships were allowed to moor there.

I'm curious. How big was the ship you were on and how up-to-date was the port infrastructure? Would the port accommodate one of today's mainstream cruise ships?