Back to Black and the Med too.... Live from the Prinsendam

kazu

Well we are not on the ship yet....we sail on September 21st, but we are on our way:D

DH and I got up at 3:00 am this morning to fly to Halifax and then on to Toronto.

Normally when we fly to Toronto (or anywhere to connect) we have to take a puddle hopper. But since we were going to Halifax we were able to take a much nicer plane to Toronto. Of course, that came with a price. Instead of a puddle hopper we have to take a cucaracha to get to Halifax. DH calls it that as this plane is REAL small. Single seats, 18 passengers and no washroom on board.

So, we are relaxing in Toronto today (since flights to Barcelona are in the evening it would have made for a very long day if we flew the same day) and flying to Barcelona tomorrow to enjoy that marvelous city for a few days before we board the Elegant Explorer.

We're looking forward to meeting a CC member this afternoon, old friends this evening and showing off Barcelona to CC friends!

Our cruise is quite port intensive and there are a lot of tours arranged but we are hoping that we have done a balancing act so we don't end up needing a vacation from our vacation.

Here's our itinerary:

CruiseDetails.action%3FwebItineraryIdForAudit%3DEMS430%26fromSearchVacation%3Dtrue%26destList%3DEM%26dateCode%3D9_2014%26flexibleMonths%3Dfalse%26noOfFlexibleMonths%3D1%26portCode%3D%26shipCodeSearch%3DPR%26voyageCode%3DP437A

I'm so glad you decided to do a "Live From" - we've been on the Black Sea itinerary on the Prinsendam, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on both the ship and the ports of call.

I hope your flight to Barcelona is smooth and uneventful.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I've flown on that plane many times. We used to call it the Cigar plane. Everyone has both a window and aisle seat at the same time. You have to keep one foot in the aisle so you don't fall out of the seat.

Have a great cruise! We'll take care of things back on the home front! :)

ha! ha! on the luggage everyone. I don't know where it went but it arrived in Toronto with us (thankfully). No room for carry on's of course on that little plane. That is a pretty quick trip - just 40 minutes, so not too painful.

can't promise pictures, but I will see if I can. If my memory card fits in the ipad adaptor, I will try to do some in one of my 'quiet' ports.

Jose and I just had the pleasure to meet 1of4 - what a lovely lady. So happy we had the opportunity to meet her in person. Looking forward to meeting the other 3of4 on our cruise next April :D

Edited by kazu

Gail - Venice is my favourite - and I sure love kalamari and Greek salad - Jacqui can have my wine!! I know we will need a vacation when we return - maybe even before we start - Jacqui and Jose are our tour guides for Barcelona!

I too feel Venice is my favourite but now my husband has passed I don't want to go back. We had a great time in Venice where our 21 day TA cruise terminated. Even went to the island of Murano and had a chandlier custom made and shipped to our home. It graces my dining room today. That being said, I still envy you your cruise and so nice to have Jacqui & Jose as tour guides.