Choosing a Cruise for College Student on Spring Break

00Legend

Hi all, I'm a college student in South Carolina looking for a cruise to go on in March. My friends and I plan on sailing from either Charleston or Florida to the Caribbean. I made a list of every possible cruise option we have, and the number of options is overwhelming. I just need advice on narrowing down which cruise would be best for us. We are all 21-23 year old guys. We want to be on a ship with a large amount of college students if possible. To be honest, we are in college and like to party. I know this is the opposite of what most of the community here wants as far as a cruise atmosphere, so a cruise some of you would hate might be just what we're looking for. I need help deciding on a cruise line, and destination(s). We have basically narrowed it down to either the Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport) or Mexico (Cozumel, etc). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Carnival

Ref the age requirement, if everyone is 21+, it's fine. If anyone is under 21, they have to be accompanied in the same room by someone 25+.

With Carnivals all 21 or over or have a 25 year old in cabin , is the most strict age rule of all the Mass Market cruise lines .

Thanks for all the replies! We are all three over 21 and have the right documentation, so that's not an issue. So how does Cozumel compare to Nassau as far as our interests are concerned? Which would be more crowded?

Thanks for all the replies! We are all three over 21 and have the right documentation, so that's not an issue. So how does Cozumel compare to Nassau as far as our interests are concerned? Which would be more crowded?

Go to cruisett.com and you'll be able to see how many cruise ships and the passenger load for each that will be in any port for the days the cruise ships you're considering will also be in that port.

Thanks for all tthe replies! We are all three over 21 and have the right documentation, so that's not an issue. So how does Cozumel compare to Nassau as far as our interests are concerned? Which would be more crowded?

For your particular group, going to party and have a good time, pick Cozumel. There is a Señor Frogs and Carlos & Charlie's right next to each other, and both are an easy taxi ride from the port. The Mexicans facilitate a party much better than the Bahamians. :D

If you want lowest prices with no air necessary CCL Ecstasy does 5Ners out of Charleston March 4-from $429 Insides, March 9-$439. March 14-$479.Basic older ship but bargain priced on discount cruise agency web site (Cannot mention names here.).At that price should be lots of College kids.

Much prefer Cozumel. Great party atmosphere and excellent snorkling if you are so inclined. Warmer too. Consider one of the all-inclusive beach days at Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom. These run $50-$55 per person for unlimited food and drink, plus loungers and umbrella.

Edited by clarea

^ Nachi Cocum is fabulous but they do cater more to a quiet crowd and families. OP has been honest and upfront about the group's intentions, so perhaps Mr. Sanchos might suit them better. :)

I've not been to Mr. Sanchos, but from what I've read, I would agree with you.

Our Spring Break ranges from Friday March 11 to Sunday March 20. We could do a 7 nighter, but from what I understand, shorter (4-5) nights seem to be more popular among college kids. I'm liking the 5 night cruise out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise from Monday the 14th to Saturday the 19th. It stops in George Town and Cozumel. Opinions?

Our Spring Break ranges from Friday March 11 to Sunday March 20. We could do a 7 nighter, but from what I understand, shorter (4-5) nights seem to be more popular among college kids. I'm liking the 5 night cruise out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise from Monday the 14th to Saturday the 19th. It stops in George Town and Cozumel. Opinions?

Sounds good. The shorter cruise is probably less expensive too. Grand Cayman has the Seven Mile Beach.

We could do a 7 nighter, but from what I understand, shorter (4-5) nights seem to be more popular among college kids. I'm liking the 5 night cruise out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise from Monday the 14th to Saturday the 19th. It stops in George Town and Cozumel. Opinions?

For what you've told us you are looking for, this sounds perfect. Go, enjoy. :)

wow , just called a cruise travel site to get a price and asked about the beverage package. They said if we got the Alcohol package, then there was a 15 drink per day limit. I know that is a lot, but if you have a couple of drinks at breakfast and lunch, beers during the afternoon, and are up late at the bar then I will be close to this limit. Do other cruise lines have this limit? Also, is there a limit if you don't buy the beverage package? Can you pay for drinks once you hit this limit?