Steak House favorites?

Crusin Karen

We are going to David's Steak House on Pride in March. Our FIRST visit to a steak house ever! :):) Did a search for steak house favorites or things that weren't that great and it's been a while since anyone started a thread on this topic, so....share your steak house recommendations and tips!

The tuna appetizer and the tomato/mozzarella appetizer are some of my favorites along with the lobster bisque. The cowboy steak on the bone with the spice rub is my favorite entree. I enjoy the creamed spinach and the mashed potatoes (without the wasabi) as my sides. The cheese cake is usually my dessert of choice. If I am too full after dinner, I will then choose the ice cream and sorbet for dessert instead.

Enjoy the steakhouse.:cool:

I start with the French Onion Soup, then the Caesar Salad followed by the Spiced Rub steak. IF I have room, I order the cheesecake for dessert. The 3 different spreads for the bread are fantastic too. This is the best meal of the entire cruise! Worth every penny!!

Edited by jordanaire

We have reservations for the lst night of a 14 day cruise. I think I am going to be spoiled for the rest of the cruise! I read in a review that the onion soup was so big that it took him 20 minutes to eat it! :eek: I am thinking I will go with the lobster bisque since I can get the onion soup in the MDR. :confused:

I really enjoy the wasabi mashed potatoes after I add more wasabi to them. I have to request extra wasabi each time, because I can't detect any wasabi flavour the way they are served. But once I get the extra (fake wasabi) stirred into the potatoes, they are yummy.:)

The Caesar salad in David's is much better than the Caesar salad served in the MDR.

The amuse-bouche is always fun.:p

I also like the Tuna tartare appetizer as well.

I usually get the Surf & Turf, for the sake of getting a decent lobster (much better than the MDR warm-water lobsters;)), but I would really prefer a good Ribeye to the Filet, when it comes to steaks.:o

Edited by ShakyBeef

I've heard there's a surcharge (on top of the regular $35 fee) if you order two entrees for yourself...but is ordering two appetizers or two desserts okay?

There is a $20 charge for a second entrée, but for the life of me, and I'm a big guy, I can't see how anyone could eat two entrees! Now I always order two appetizers which they do not charge extra for, but again, never ordered more than one dessert, because finishing even one dessert is a chore, especially if you order the cheesecake!!

There is a $20 charge for a second entrée, but for the life of me, and I'm a big guy, I can't see how anyone could eat two entrees!
Same here! I read that somewhere about the fee for a 2nd entree. But I was pretty sure that two appetizers (or desserts) were free. Thanks!

I really enjoy the wasabi mashed potatoes after I add more wasabi to them. I have to request extra wasabi each time, because I can't detect any wasabi flavour the way they are served. But once I get the extra (fake wasabi) stirred into the potatoes, they are yummy.:)

The Caesar salad in David's is much better than the Caesar salad served in the MDR.

The amuse-bouche is always fun.:p

I also like the Tuna tartare appetizer as well.

I usually get the Surf & Turf, for the sake of getting a decent lobster (much better than the MDR warm-water lobsters;)), but I would really prefer a good Ribeye to the Filet, when it comes to steaks.:o

Hey ShakyBeef, haven't read one of your reviews in a long time. I see you are also going on the Pride this year! Your girls must be getting big! Actually, the pizza place has better Caesar salad than the MDR! They don't put the "fresh" cheese on the salad in the MDR anymore. :( Call me dumb, but what is wasabi and why does it go on mashed potatoes? :confused:

Hey ShakyBeef, haven't read one of your reviews in a long time. I see you are also going on the Pride this year! Your girls must be getting big! Actually, the pizza place has better Caesar salad than the MDR! They don't put the "fresh" cheese on the salad in the MDR anymore. :( Call me dumb, but what is wasabi and why does it go on mashed potatoes? :confused:

Hi Karen! I think you must be thinking of my DH, Delta Hotel, and his "memoir" review of our 2011 Glory cruise. I was his 'editor' and posted a lot in the thread, but I've never written a review.:o

Yep, we're taking the girls on the Eastern itinerary on the Pride this September. It'll be their first time to HMC and GT, and their first time at David's, too. They're 13 and 9 now.

Not dumb at all - wasabi is the green horseradish-like paste that is served with sushi. Carnival, like many other places, uses fake wasabi (made with horseradish, flavouring, and green food colouring), which is not as strong in flavour and 'kick' as the real stuff. Then they water it down which weakens it even further.:rolleyes: Anyway, wasabi can be quite good in a lot of things - if you like a good horesradishy kick. Give it a try.:)

Hi Karen! I think you must be thinking of my DH, Delta Hotel, and his "memoir" review of our 2011 Glory cruise. I was his 'editor' and posted a lot in the thread, but I've never written a review.:o

Yep, we're taking the girls on the Eastern itinerary on the Pride this September. It'll be their first time to HMC and GT, and their first time at David's, too. They're 13 and 9 now.

Not dumb at all - wasabi is the green horseradish-like paste that is served with sushi. Carnival, like many other places, uses fake wasabi (made with horseradish, flavouring, and green food colouring), which is not as strong in flavour and 'kick' as the real stuff. Then they water it down which weakens it even further.:rolleyes: Anyway, wasabi can be quite good in a lot of things - if you like a good horesradishy kick. Give it a try.:)[/quote

Yes, I AM remembering your DH! Wonderful reviews!!! Wasabi sounds "interesting." I have never had sushi and am not very adventurous. I wonder if I can ask for it on the side and order "plain" mashed potatoes and give it a try! That is what I like about cruises, you can try things you usually wouldn't!

HMC and GT are our 2 favorite ports of call. I am sure you will have a great cruise and I'll bet the girls will be excited to eat in David's and at Guy's too!!! :D;) Hopefully there is another Delta Hotel review in our future!