Oasis Revamps we lose our room

Roxyhurley

We have a cruise booked in Nov 2015 on the Oasis in the Presidential Family Suite (8 adults). The Oasis has been revamped and they have removed the room we booked a year and a half in advance. They offered us $2500 back and booked us in 2 separate 2 bedroom family suites (we are already paying $18 000, we saved a long time for this). I'm mad!!! We are going with 12 adults we wanted this room so we could all play games and just hang out together inside and or out because we would have the huge balcony and big great room. We have 4 more people coming staying in separate rooms. Now we have nothing that we wanted we have 2 small balconies and no great room. I asked if they have ANY 2 bedroom suites on the entire boat with at least a big balcony and/or great room and they said just the aqua suites but we will have to pay $2400 more (so know about $20 000.00) to switch to them!! We had over 1000 sq ft room and 500 sq ft balcony and now we have to pay more money to have less. Has this happened to anyone else and what is a reasonable thing for RC to do to make us whole again, any room requests? I"m really looking for any advice on what was offered from RC to others. Thanks

R

We have a cruise booked in Nov 2015 on the Oasis in the Presidential Family Suite (8 adults). The Oasis has been revamped and they have removed the room we booked a year and a half in advance. They offered us $2500 back and booked us in 2 separate 2 bedroom family suites (we are already paying $18 000, we saved a long time for this). I'm mad!!! We are going with 12 adults we wanted this room so we could all play games and just hang out together inside and or out because we would have the huge balcony and big great room. We have 4 more people coming staying in separate rooms. Now we have nothing that we wanted we have 2 small balconies and no great room. I asked if they have ANY 2 bedroom suites on the entire boat with at least a big balcony and/or great room and they said just the aqua suites but we will have to pay $2400 more (so know about $20 000.00) to switch to them!! We had over 1000 sq ft room and 500 sq ft balcony and now we have to pay more money to have less. Has this happened to anyone else and what is a reasonable thing for RC to do to make us whole again, any room requests? I"m really looking for any advice on what was offered from RC to others. Thanks

Sorry you are upset with good reason. What is the total size of the balconies and cabins for the two rooms they offered you? Would the $2,500 offset the additional $2,400 cost for the Aqua Suite?

Again sorry and hope something works out for you, but the original cabin you booked is no more.

Since your cruise is a year away you have time to shop around.

Edited by Oville

I'm so sorry to hear this. I think I'd cancel & start over rather than accept accommodations you won't be happy with. It's early enough that you won't lose your deposit & there's still time to put together a nice family cruise or land vacation that you'll all be happy with.

Good luck!

I don't know when Allure is going to dry-dock - could they switch you to the presidential suite on the Allure? Is it available and would that be acceptable to you?

I would take the offer or cancel. Allure will be changed also before your cruise date, maybe switch to another ship, freedom class.

You just now found out? The changes were out a while ago

Did you use a TA?

Edited by setsail

no we either get 2500 off and take the 2 - 2 bedroom suites or pay an additional 2500 and get switched to Aqua suites

If I were you I'd take my cruise dollars elsewhere unless you can come to the conclusion you can live with the other two cabins,

Good luck on whatever you decide.

I don't know when Allure is going to dry-dock - could they switch you to the presidential suite on the Allure? Is it available and would that be acceptable to you?

Allure leaves FLL April 19 for Barcelona and to dry dock.

There is no suite big enough for me to stay with 8 adults. EVER! There are PLENTY of places to "hang out", play games, etc......just not in MY room!

Well on land there normally isn't either; and honestly of you can afford a suite you can afford adjoining cabins, so I don't feel bad for you in the least

Check out Norwegian Cruiselines' Garden Villas on the Jewel class ships or the Haven suites on the Breakaway out of New York. They may have the shared space you're looking for in the right price range.

Good luck!

I second the Villas, huge indoor and outdoor space

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

?...Has this happened to anyone else and what is a reasonable thing for RC to do to make us whole again, any room requests? I"m really looking for any advice on what was offered from RC to others. Thanks
Yes, this sort of thing has happened before for a variety of reasons. Technically, you are made whole by refunding the difference in room costs. I'm sorry, but that's it. There is no value given for disappointment this far out.

As others have said, you might be better off canceling and re-booking a cruise and room arrangement you will be happy with. That's the best RC can offer you and if you will not be happy with it, better to regroup.

There is no suite big enough for me to stay with 8 adults. EVER! There are PLENTY of places to "hang out", play games, etc......just not in MY room!

AMEN - I wouldn't even want 8 adults in my house ( 2500 sq ft) for more than about 3 hours. Unless it was a very good poker game.

...We had over 1000 sq ft room and 500 sq ft balcony and now we have to pay more money to have less. Has this happened to anyone else and what is a reasonable thing for RC to do to make us whole again, any room requests? I"m really looking for any advice on what was offered from RC to others. Thanks

You went from a Presidential Suite (1165 sf, 489 sf balcony) to two Family Suites (575 sf, 246 sf balcony)? If that is the case, your space is fairly equivalent size wise. You will not get the same great room as it will be split over the two rooms.

On deck 12, there are two family suites (12638 and 12648) that are marked as interconnecting on the deck plans. Can you get these? That is probably as close as you can get to what you originally had.

You will have to realize that the original room you had is gone and don't look at this as a replacement or it will never match up and it will nag you all vacation :cool:

I second the Villas, huge indoor and outdoor space

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the room suggestion, that is exactly what we are looking for. Im calling today, fingers crossed it is about the same. It says it sleeps 8 in one big room.

no we either get 2500 off and take the 2 - 2 bedroom suites or pay an additional 2500 and get switched to Aqua suites

The outcome to make you feel 'whole again' is probably not available, since the cabin you wanted doesn't exist any longer. Now the idea is to try to negotiate the best settlement possible.

They have offered you $2500 back and to move you to two, two bedroom suites to facilitate your group of 8. From what I am reading, you also have four other people in your party in two separate cabins. Take your issue up the ladder a little bit to someone in resolutions, and see if they will allow you to apply the $2500 that Royal is willing to give you as financial compensation to the Aqua Suite and call it even. They may (maybe already have said no) say no....to that....then remind them that 2 additional cabins in your group will cancel as well....so the loss is more than the $20,000 from you but the additional cabin fares.

Keep trying several people at Royal. What many have said, is that you don't always get the same response from different people in customer service. Are you a C&A member, go to the C&A department.

Remember, people in customer service have as their role to solve problems. Yet, the truth of the matter also is....the softer spoken person, who doesn't necessarily call with a sharp tongue (not accusing you, just being honest) gets the person in the customer service department to want to help them more.

My mother had a wonderful adage "You get more with honey than lemons, and then you will have the lemons to make wonderful tasting lemonade with" -- a double win.