Kamlani resignation

bitob

This is a bit sudden! But Jason Montague seems to be in FDR's "inner circle" and one has to assume that he is the right person for the job. Seems to have been both with Prestige and Norwegian so that is another good thing I suppose.

I hope he has the same "personal touch" as FDR and Kamlani!!

We have sailed with Mr Kamlani twice and found him to be a lovely man.

Most of the people on board had no idea that he was there. He and his family were very low key and were seen on deck enjoying all that the Riviera had to offer.

We are sorry to see him go as we felt he was an asset to Oceania.

Always suspicious when you hear --

"He likely has a bright future in the Norwegian group. CEO Kevin Sheehan views Kamlani as 'a good guy' and has said there's a good rapport."

What are you reading into this that I don't see?

What are you reading into this that I don't see?

Pretty sure it was in the Seatrade Press Release talking about Kamlani signing that one year contract. Check out new at Seatrade.com.

Know I read it as well and pretty sure that's where the quote came from.

Found the press release and see it below:

Kamlani contract has $750k salary, stock options, $500k 'transaction success' payment

font size decrease font size increase font size

Print Print

E-mail Send to a friend

PHOTO: Mauri Forsblom/Seatrade

Kunal Kamlani - a bright future in the Norwegian group Kunal Kamlani - a bright future in the Norwegian group

Prestige Cruises' Kunal Kamlani, president and chief operating officer, will receive an annual base salary of $750,000 under a new Nov. 19 employment agreement with an initial one-year term, that is automatically renewable. Beginning in 2015, he will be eligible for an annual bonus with a target amount equal to 75% of his base salary, and his 2015 bonus is guaranteed to be at least $562,500, according to a filing.

With Wednesday's closing of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings' acquisition of Prestige, Kamlani also became eligible for a $500,000 transaction success payment that will be paid in $250,000 installments in 2015 and 2016. Plus, he became eligible to receive options to purchase 150,000 ordinary NCLH shares. The option grants have an ordinary term of 10 years.

Under the Norwegian umbrella, Kamlani will be able participate in the benefit plans available to other Norwegian senior executives, including medical executive reimbursement. And he will get a $1,500 monthly car allowance and four weeks of vacation per year.

Kamlani's employment agreement will automatically renew unless he or Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings gives a 60-day notice.

He likely has a bright future in the Norwegian group. CEO Kevin Sheehan views Kamlani as 'a good guy' and has said there's a good rapport.

Kamlani, 42, has served as Prestige president and chief operating officer and Oceania president since September 2011, and Regent president since February 2013. He had rejoined Oceania in September 2011 from Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, where he led the multibillion-dollar Global Investment Solutions division with approximately 1,000 employees worldwide. Prior to that, Kamlani was cfo of Prestige from August 2009 through March 2010.

Earlier positions included chief operating officer of Smith Barney and vp corporate development for Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Edited by rallydave

Always suspicious when you hear --

"He likely has a bright future in the Norwegian group. CEO Kevin Sheehan views Kamlani as 'a good guy' and has said there's a good rapport."

Too bad, as Oceania seamed to be doing great with him as one of our leaders. Hope everything stays the same.

Interesting CEO of NCL says that new President finance background aligns with NCL culture but wasn't Mr. K a former CFO of Prestige???? Well I will keep my fingers crossed since it is the food that what brought us to Oceania. We will wait and see.......

In 2013 Mr Kamlani posted the following "There is also a selection of champagnes which has never included Perrier Jouet. We will provide the full list on our website next week at which point everyone will be equipped with the necessary information to make an informed decision on whether to purchase a beverage package, request a refund, OR to sail on another line that includes Perrier Jouet in their package. Cheers.

KSK". This despite several posts which stated they sampled Perrier Jouet in the drink package. I enjoyed Perrier Jouet when I had the drink package that year. He may be an excellent manager, but wasn't too good in public relations.