Last night bags outside door

cheerldrmom

How many of you do this. Or do you just take your bags and disembark??

Have done it previously but just debating this time as I may need to wait ?

We've left our bags outside the door every cruise.

In thirty cruises I have done it 29 times. The one time I missed was not by choice.

We too, have left our bags out. We have two larger suitcases, a carryon, backpack, walker as well as DW in her scooter. NEVER an issue with bags being lost. Did have one issue where the tag came off the bag and we had to go to the land of the lost luggage. BUT we got the bag straight away.

Most people leave bags outside the door for the crew to handle. Imagine the chaos and logjams in the elevators and exits if most people schlepped their own bags off.

You mean like what happens after a three night cruise?

Unlike most of the (I assume) more experienced cruisers here, I've always grabbed all my bags and disembarked the morning of without leaving anything out. With as little I take with me, it makes no sense to do anything else.

I'm not lugging all that stuff off! Easy to keep one, small bag for the clothes you're wearing the last evening...and for your toiletries...then pick up the big stuff on your way out of the terminal!

I'm not lugging all that stuff off! Easy to keep one, small bag for the clothes you're wearing the last evening...and for your toiletries...then pick up the big stuff on your way out of the terminal!

Me too! I now remember the times when I would buy a carton of liquor when my cruise would visit St. Thomas and wonder: by lugging that box off the ship and dealing with the necessity of getting a porter to help with my luggage and the booze, did I save that much money on the liquor?

Too often we've seen folks who don't leave their stuff outside on the last night who think they can self assist getting off.

People in crutches trying to haul 2+ large bags and a backpack, Old people moving bags much bigger than they are. I think at times there are some who would carry a baby grand piano with them because they want to be first off.

Put stuff out......keep the good stuff in your carryons. Have fun! :D

Too often we've seen folks who don't leave their stuff outside on the last night who think they can self assist getting off.

People in crutches trying to haul 2+ large bags and a backpack, Old people moving bags much bigger than they are. I think at times there are some who would carry a baby grand piano with them because they want to be first off.

The above, sadly, is so true!!!

We've seen way too many people who think they can do self assist who should not have even tried. :(

It just takes a few moments to plan ahead about what you will need that night (overnight) and in the morning. Keep out your outfit and shoes out for the next morning, any toiletries you'll need (toothbrush and toothpaste), ALL medications (I never put them in my checked luggage, ever), electronics, jewelry, documents, plane tickets, etc. LOCK your bag in the hall.

Remember you will see your bag again in the luggage area inside the terminal, but as I said, take some time to think it through. My husband's co-worker forgot to do this and left himself without any clothes to wear off the ship. Yes, really. ;)

We usually do that but bringing my own pillow and a smaller carryon don't know if it will fit in it ��Can't sleep with my pillow lol oh well will just wait and see.

Well then, just leave it at home next time. :)

Carry off was originally started so that the few people who have to get off early to make plane flights that they should not have booked make their flights. Now everyone who feels that they are so important that they have to get off early has ruined for the people who really have to get off early.

If you are driving home or you do not have an early flight, disembark the old way. Also, if you have so much stuff that you can't move fast and will be blocking the able bodied people who are trying to get around you, disembark the old way.

DON

Well , I don't feel as though I'm "so important" to get off the ship early , I just have zero problem carrying/rolling my one and only piece of luggage. Maybe when we become old and decrepit we will leave them outside the door. To each their own [emoji41].

[QUOT E=cheerldrmom;50441298]How many of you do this. Or do you just take your bags and disembark??

Do you really think anyone is interested in rummaging through your dirty laundry? Carry your meds/valuables with you and hope that someone steals that old bag of yours so that you can file an insurance claim.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

In ninety cruises I've never carried off my bags. When you see people struggling to drag all their stuff downstairs because they won't let you use the escalators with big bags you won't want to try it.

OP, just carry your pillow off the ship. I've seen so many people doing just that.

The only time I don't leave my bags out is if I have to get off early on the last day, because there is something I need to get to fast.

Funny how people want to be first on and then first off.

We grab a coffee sit on the promenade and watch the proceeding's.

Almost always last off into an almost empty terminal,non existant customs,who just wave you through,find the bags,and find that relieved taxi driver,who knows hes getting a fare.

All because we book our disembarkation night at the airport hotel.

No rush,no fuss,just chillin and enjoying the moment.:):)