Molecular Bar to be replaced with World Class Bar

pretty princess

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

Coasters at the World Class Bar show some of the drinks available and the recipes. Photo Credit: Tom Stieghorst

MIAMI — Celebrity Cruises debuted a new bar concept called World Class Bar at a lunch aboard the Celebrity Infinity here on Tuesday.

The bar is a partnership with beverage distributor Diageo and will showcase its liquor brands, such as Johnny Walker scotch, Zacapa rum and Ketel One vodka.

World Class is a Diageo program for bartender training and promotion that also has a responsible drinking message. It has trained over 150,000 bartenders in six years, said Doug Bagley, managing director of global travel for Diageo. The bar on Infinity will include signature glassware, gold drink stirrers and bartenders in black ties.

The World Class Bar replaces the Molecular Bar, which debuted on Solstice-class ships. Celebrity President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said there was nothing wrong with Molecular Bar, but that it was time for a change. The new bar will be on all five Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) by the end of the summer, she said.

World Class Bar was installed during an eight-day drydock at the Grand Bahamas shipyard. The ship also got a new bar on the pool deck called Slush Bar and the Passport Bar was recast around a craft beer theme.

The Infinity also became the last of Celebrity’s ships to open Luminae, a restaurant exclusively for suite guests. The restaurant seats 90, but diners will rotate through the evening, with a new batch of diners arriving about every 20 minutes.

This really hacks me off. This new place is going to be nothing more than a glorified whiskey bar with none of the unique drinks.

Given the best place to drink Whisky is now for Zenith and Suite guests I personally look forward to a place to sit down and have a nice single malt (assuming of course Johnnie Walker isn't the only brand they plan to carry).

I will be on Solstice in just over 2 weeks and I am looking forward

to my last chance to have drinks in The Molecular.......I know many

folks don't like it but I am not one of them. It is one of my favorite

places when I sail an S class ship.

They had put out a press release a while back that they were not

renewing the contract with Junior Moreno (the originator) but I was

hoping they were going to try and keep that same type of place....

fun and funky drinks......It is going to be called "The World Class

Bar"?........does that mean something?

Well, there is a YouTube video you might like to watch. Interesting.

I haven't experienced either bar but did watch the above video. I think we would like the Molecular Bar better. Maybe it is because I've already seen the menu and the drinks seem really cool.

I will be on Solstice in just over 2 weeks and I am looking forward

to my last chance to have drinks in The Molecular.......I know many

folks don't like it but I am not one of them. It is one of my favorite

places when I sail an S class ship.

They had put out a press release a while back that they were not

renewing the contract with Junior Moreno (the originator) but I was

hoping they were going to try and keep that same type of place....

fun and funky drinks......It is going to be called "The World Class

Bar"?........does that mean something?

It means that all of the good names were taken.

Does anyone know when the Molecular Bar contract ends?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I can't find the emails response they sent me but I think they said it will be on the Reflection through the summer. We sail next month and are relieved it will be there. Hopefully they don't cut back on it the last few months of operation. We purchased the premium package because of Melecular Bar. I plan to have at least two drinks there during the cruise.

This really hacks me off. This new place is going to be nothing more than a glorified whiskey bar with none of the unique drinks.

When all else fails you can always boycott. If no one goes there maybe they will see the light. I personally don't like Molecular but friends love it and I know they will be upset. They buy beverage package just for Molecular and Martini bars.

Celebrity seems to be going backwards. First they take away my flowers in AQUA, then my chocolates, not to mention MICHAEL'S CLUB, now they are changing many cruisers favorite bar. Gosh, they give me 200 internet minutes, discount on photo package, free laundry/drycleaning.....none of which I need. To top it all off no one asked me. Loyalty really pays !!!!!!!!!

Somehow reading between the lines (which isn't difficult) this is a business deal and celebrity cost reduction. Johnny Walker scotch and Ketel One aren't exactly exotic brands....so it seems this will just be another bar, with fancier swizzle sticks and celebrity will be able to reduce staff (bar tenders/servers) and let Diagio provide the staff and in return for advertising. We get a creative bar replaced by another pretty much regular bar.

The molecular bar had it's followers...in fact it was one of the drivers for some to upgrade to the premium drink package. I'm sad to see it go....but I'll try the new bar, of course.

Edited by ghstudio

We only went to the Molecular bar once and were underwhelmed. Maybe because we were ignored. We like wine or martini's so this may underwhelm us too.

Same here. I think we may try the World Class Bar at once though, assuming it is on the Equinox in August.