"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I am very happy to say that tomorrow I will be driving to Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, NJ for a 12 Night sailing onboard Celebrity Silhouette.

It has been a couple of years since I sailed with Celebrity (Mercury –Jan 2010). I have read some excellent review about the Silhouette, and will be able to experience her first hand over the next 12 nights.

My last “LIVE” report from Mercury can be found HERE

I do “LIVE” posts most often over on the Royal Caribbean boards, so many of you may not be aware of my style of reporting. . . I will provide daily comments and trip reports of my day to day “Ship Life” over the next several days.

I will also post "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection) of the Ship and public rooms. I will try to show a few photos from each of the port days (M-F). During this trip we will have 3 days at sea on our way to the Caribbean, but Monday through Friday we will visit a different port each day.(Saint Thomas-USVI, St Kitts, St John, St Lucia, and St Maarten) We will then spend 3 days more at sea while we head back to Cape Liberty.

Celebrity Silhouette was launched in the summer of 2011 and has been sailing from Cape Liberty for several months, but in April she will do a transatlantic cruise to Italy where she will home port through December when she sails back to Fort Lauderdale for the winter.

The forecast for tomorrow is partly cloudy, with a high of 56F. The temperature should increase daily for the next several days while we approach the Caribbean. . .

I plan to arrive in Bayonne by around 11AM tomorrow morning and I should be boarding before noon. I will be like a kid in a candy store, as I am very excited to sail this new class of ship.

This should be a fun cruise, so sit back have a cup of coffee (I will be consuming a little Starbucks myself), and join me for a fun and relaxing cruise aboard Celebrity Silhouette.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Celebrity Silhouette

CEL19.jpg

This photo was taken by me while in St Maarten on Explorer of the Seas in Nov 2011

You know it's bad when you make a mental note that Radio is going on a cruise end of March so look for his LIVE thread. For the life of me I couldn't find it. I've been "casually" searching for the last few days. Today I couldn't take it so I had to find my subscriptions, view all, find Radios last LIVE report, click, then click on his name to find all of his threads and FINALLY found this thread.

Looks like he just started today! LOL!! That's why I couldn't find it. But I would have never thought to look in Celebrity's folder. I was having a panic attack. LOL!!!:D

LAUGHING AT MYSELF!!:D

Oh I'm SO excited.....it's finally here! I knew I had to look today for the beginning of the next live thread - highlight of my day! :)

Have a WONDERFUL cruise and thanks in advance for taking us all along with you. You have such a following, LOL!

Buffett fan (aka Ginger)

Yeah, another Radio thread! Love your reports.

If you get a chance, can you check out the balcony furniture? There have been conflicting reports about loungers being removed from balconies that previously had them, although this seems to be an issue mostly on M class ships.

Looking forward to sailing along vicariously.

Thank you so much for doing yet another live review. I have never sailed Celebrity before but am thinking that maybe this would be a nice change for just the hubby and I when the children are not with us. ;) Have an awesome cruise!!

Yay Radio!!! We will be on the Silhouette the sailing after you and I am having a hard time waiting. This is wonderful as we can sail with you for the next 12 days while we wait. Love your reports, have followed many on the RCL board, thank you for taking the time to do them.

Ooops. . .It looks like a made an Itinerary mistake on my first post. . . We will not be going to St John (USVI), but will be going to St.John, Antigua next Thursday. . .

Wow, and I haven't left my house yet ! :o

>>NOTE TO RADIO. . .Take it easy and don't make dumb mistakes. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .:)

Radio

;);)

Archived