Diamond Plus Upgrade?

On the Crown & Anchor pages it states that one of the perks at Diamond Plus level is that any available cabin upgrades would be offered.

Does anyone have experience of this happening and if so what happened and when?

Thanks.

On the Crown & Anchor pages it states that one of the perks at Diamond Plus level is that any available cabin upgrades would be offered.

Thanks.

Forget it.

C&A upgrades have become rarer than hen's teeth.

You *may* get an upsell call. Even that is unlikely.

But good luck!

Thanks.

rarely happens

• 8 months later...

Upgrades do happen...on occasion. I have cruised over 30 times and have never gotten an upgrade. I feel awful saying this, but I often cruise with 2 other couples and one of the couples has gotten an upgrade 3 times on RCCL. I feel awful because I was very envious:o That being said, upgrades don't necessarily go by Crown and Anchor status because have been a D+ and she just turned Diamond.

Still hoping my upgrade comes sometime...those two other times we all just had a party in her room!

We got our only upgrade from a perfect D1 balcony midship to a JS right at the back.We only found out when checking in and as the person who had booked the JS info was still in the cabin when we got there so never found out why.Our luggage went to our original cabin and we only found it because we went looking when it never appeared at out new cabin

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

This is interesting - my wife was just reading on that other social media page that a family booked into a balcony and were upgraded to GS, and this is their first ever cruise on RCI. This was on Harmony. I was a little shocked as there must be higher loyalty members on board. The only thing I can imagine is that there is something wrong with their cabin...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is interesting - my wife was just reading on that other social media page that a family booked into a balcony and were upgraded to GS, and this is their first ever cruise on RCI. This was on Harmony. I was a little shocked as there must be higher loyalty members on board. The only thing I can imagine is that there is something wrong with their cabin...

This is what infuriates those of us who have been loyal for countless cruises over many years and never received an upgrade

This is what infuriates those of us who have been loyal for countless cruises over many years and never received an upgrade

Yes. I don't blame you. This is why I think there must be something else going on. Maybe there is some wrong with room and needed to repair it, and only room available was GS. But even then, they could have bumped a JS to GS, and then moved this family to JS. But knowing RCI, there systems aren't good enough to handle this level of maneuvering...lol

We were upgraded on our 2nd RCCL cruise. We had booked a GS and were upgraded to an OS (the cost was still less than a Disney balcony at the time). I didn't know about price drops so I think we received it because the price did drop.

Since then we've become D+ and I just booked a 5 night balcony guarantee for Anthem in May. Next day I had a D4 assigned cabin. Gotta figure that was a mini upgrade cuz I expected to receive a D8 possible obstructed view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like everyone else is saying upgrades really don't exist and when they do the way they are handed out makes no sense.

We have never received any type of upgrade, but on cruise a few years back one of the couples that was traveling with us were upgraded from a D1 balcony to a GS. They were gold at the time we were diamond+

So always book the cabin you want.

Upgrades I have read about and never saw.

Two upsells for us

Allure GS to CL2 $700ish total for 3 adults

Allure GS to CL1 $600 total for all 3 adulsts a few years ago, I think we were Platinum, not really sure. Almost Diamond when we got.

And we had that box marked on our GS preference for upgrade.

Safe travels.

3rd Royal Caribbean cruise - booked balcony guarantee on Radiance, got primo deck 9 aft balcony

4th Royal Caribbean cruise - Booked balcony guarantee on Freedom, got deck 10 junior suite

5th through 30th Royal caribbean cruises - No upgrades

Mission accomplished, Royal. We've sailed exclusively on Royal since the junior suite upgrade except for one rogue Disney cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by seabeew

We just got off of the Oasis today. We originally booked an oceanview balacony and were assigned a D3 cabin. Two days before sailing, RC called us and offered us a paid upgrade to a GS for $500. We obviously took it! We are gold, but they did know that it was our 10th anniversary (don't know if that gets taken into consideration or not?)...

Thread on main board about upgrade from D4 to GS yesterday on Harmony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2443363

Sailing in 3 weeks - Diamond Plus but not holding out any hope of an upgrade but would definitely like to upgrade however the higher suites (currently D1) are huge increase

Does anyone know if there is a department that I could contact to see if an upsell would be available? Thank you for your help!