Hidden camera found in Carnival cabin

njm5378

A couple on a Carnival cruise found a hidden camera in their cabin pointed at the bed. Carnival of course did a thorough investigation and determined it was not operational, because had if it was operational it would have cost them a lot more.

Action in 3....2....1.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article189840129.html

Interesting. Pure speculation on my part, but since that is a ship that routinely does 3 day cruises, I could see a passenger hiding a camera in his cabin and then booking the same cabin for the cruise after next. That kind of technology is getting cheaper. I think if I was Carnival Security I would check to see if someone had that cabin more than once in a short period.

Anyway, thanks for posting the story.

Interesting. Pure speculation on my part, but since that is a ship that routinely does 3 day cruises, I could see a passenger hiding a camera in his cabin and then booking the same cabin for the cruise after next. That kind of technology is getting cheaper. I think if I was Carnival Security I would check to see if someone had that cabin more than once in a short period.

Anyway, thanks for posting the story.

The passengers may have had no interest in a video of themselves and could well have been booked in another cabin where they could watch what was going on in the cabin with the camera.

I noticed a few things. The size of the camera. The passenger was searching for dust bunnies..( a little odd). How did the camera operate through the TV? Blocked view, kind of would show a black screen.

I'm not an expert on spy stuff, but the equipment looked like it was from the 70's and not modern day. It may have been there for a decade or more, without anyone noticing, or it was planted. I guessing it was planted.

I noticed a few things. The size of the camera. The passenger was searching for dust bunnies..( a little odd). How did the camera operate through the TV? Blocked view, kind of would show a black screen.

I'm not an expert on spy stuff, but the equipment looked like it was from the 70's and not modern day. It may have been there for a decade or more, without anyone noticing, or it was planted. I guessing it was planted.

I completely understand the worry, given the discovery, but this story is a little weird. Maybe next cruise they will add cabin dust bunnies to the scavenger hunt list.

I found it weird too that they were taking pictures of the dust and just happen to find it?

That’s a huge camera (as far as spy cameras go) and considering the size / layout of the rooms I can’t imagine that not being completely visible.

Somethings not right about this story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that too. I find it shocking that supposedly security didn’t do anything about it.

Having some experience, it would have been easy for security to have tracked down the receiver.

That's a very old model and won't transmit very far. Plus, this is an FBI investigation so hopefully somebody secured the evidence, which when checked for fingerprints might yield a wealth of information.

One family on a Carnival cruise found a hidden camera in their stateroom cabin pointed at their bed. Do you check your stateroom when you board???

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/12/15/family-finds-hidden-camera-in-carnival-cruise-stateroom.html

I do not check specifically for cameras, but I would likely find them during my evil leprechaun and gnome search.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Somethings not right about this story.

I agree. This story is fishy. Searching for dust and found a camera in the tv wires? The camera wouldn’t even see anything back there. Either this family is trying to frame Carnival or it wasn’t actually a camera. Is it possible it was one of those infrared receivers for the remote?