Interior Cabins Layout

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:27 AM.
976 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
We are considering changing our balcony cabin on the Regal to our first interior cabin experience. We are looking at the cabins midaft and midship and found that some are sideways and the others are deep. This is the best way I can describe them.

I am wondering if the ones that are sideways get a lot of noise from the hallway when you're sleeping since it seems that the bed would be right next to the wall.

Anyone can help? Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,351 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Go to youtube, if it is okay to mention this site here... and type in Regal Cabins.
There are a couple of video tours there with those sideways cabins... which seem to feel more roomy, as there is no 'hallway' space.
Yes, the door does open right into the room. Not sure about how much one can hear hallway traffic.

One video shows how the extra berths are hanging on the wall in the cabins that can sleep more than two.
I would NOT recommend one of these. I would look for a cabin that only accommodates two.
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,754 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
We've booked those interior IA category sideways cabins 3 times on the Royal & Regal. They're quite popular & each time we accepted a reasonably priced upsell to a balcony cabin.

But I've researched the noise consideration & every post I've read from passengers in those cabins said there were no noise problems.

Here's a previous discussion which includes helpful information & photos. If there are only 2 of you, make sure to not get a quad cabin which has the closed upper bunks protruding from the walls.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1#post45399989

Here's a video of a quad cabin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Z0nA9pVoRl0
362 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
do a search on the this board for R522 Regal and you will find a post (titled something about extra berths) in which somebody gave me a link to a youtube video of that cabin. That's a sideways cabin. I don't think I would have liked it, but I got upgraded to a balcony.
I like regular inside (non-sideways) cabins better because 1) there is a hallway before you get to the sleeping area and 2) the closet is not split in half, meaning we can put a large suitcase on the floor flat. We don't usually unpack the little stuff.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regal Princess in November 2017!
SAN DEIGO, CA
3,388 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
We sailed in a sideways on Regal in 2015 and I am a light sleeper and hard to fall asleep if I hear noises....that being said my side of the bed was nearest the door and I slept fabulously! Didn't hear a sound unless of course someone was shouting or screaming as they went by but then again I can hear that in the deep/normal insides too if they are right outside the door. I would HIGHLY recommend the sideways rooms we LOVED IT...felt quite spacious. Still had room to walk between desk and bed even with our biggest luggage laying on the floor....heck I could have laid down on the floor next to it and DH could still have walked around.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cassandra

Caribbean Princess-7 day Eastern Caribbean- 8/18/18 w/April/Doug
Caribbean Princess-7 day Western Caribbean- 8/11/18 w/ April/Doug
Crown Princess-11 day Classic Canada-Quebec to NY- 10/4/17 w/ cruiserjanet
Celebrity Summit-Bermuda -8/14/16
Regal Princess-E. Carib FLL-3/15/15
Caribbean Princess-W. Carib Houston-3/15/14 w/April/Doug
Sapphire Princess- Wine country coastal-Northbound- 5/11/13 w/ cruiserjanet
Caribbean Princess-Canada/New England- 10/13/12
Oosterdam Holland America-Mexican Riviera- 10/8/11
Sapphire Princess- Coastal cruzn Vancouver- SFO 9/20/10 w/ cruiserjanet
Coral Princess- Southbound Alaska 9/11/10 w/ cruiserjanet
Caribbean Princess-Western Caribbean-FLL Oct 2007-met cruiserjanet
[email protected]
Pics:
http://cruzrbachouapics.shutterfly.com/

362 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by travellovers2
I feel claustrophobic just by looking at that video
the sideways room is actually 9 sq f larger than a regular inside room.
The three of us are fine in the regular inside room, while the kid is small. Once he grows up and reaches my DH's height, we'll be cramped.

P.S. I've used ear plugs for about 9-10 years now because I am a light sleeper.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regal Princess in November 2017!