Unused Minutes on a B2B

floridalover5623

Unused internet minutes on a B2B trip may or may not be carried over to the following trip.

As told to me by the internet manager when questioned yesterday.

It appears to be another cost saving by Princess to squeeze another dollar from the passengers.:(

We shall see what happens shortly.

More to follow.

We were also on a n2n on the Caribbean in January and the minutes carried over. We even had to change cabins and there was no problem. Got to my new cabin and the leftover minutes went with me

I should add that these were the free Elite minutes.

It seems to vary from ship to ship, at least in my experience.

In the past few years the carry over has been automatic on all the ships we've been on, even without requesting it from the managers.

This appears to possibly be a new policy???

With all the recent cutbacks it very may well be in the planning.

I hope not. :(

On the Crown in August we were on for three cruises and the minutes carried forward.

In January2018 on the Coral B2B the minutes carried over. Also on the Ruby in November did too.

Make sure on the second cruise you use up your minutes to get the additional minutes. That is the only way to get the new minutes after the carry over ones are used up.

Having done multiple back to back cruises, what I have found is that it depends upon how they were booked. For example if you booked two 10 day cruises as 1 20 day cruise the unused minuted carried over. If you booked it as two 10 day cruises they did not carry over.

Having done multiple back to back cruises, what I have found is that it depends upon how they were booked. For example if you booked two 10 day cruises as 1 20 day cruise the unused minuted carried over. If you booked it as two 10 day cruises they did not carry over.

That may be your experience but not mine. If you are still on the ship it carries over. We always confirm first.

Unused internet minutes on a B2B trip may or may not be carried over to the following trip.

As told to me by the internet manager when questioned yesterday.

It appears to be another cost saving by Princess to squeeze another dollar from the passengers.:(

We shall see what happens shortly.

More to follow.

I thought it was always that way. In my experience, unused minutes are not carried over, but it can be (and has been) done depending on the staff.

I thought it was always that way. In my experience, unused minutes are not carried over, but it can be (and has been) done depending on the staff.

Our minutes were automatically carried over in 2016 and 2017 on two B2B cruises; a 31 day booked as 2 cruises and a 25 day booked as 1 cruise. If they hadn't been I would have seen the internet manager.

We did b2b last month. We had two bookings and even changed cabins. Our leftovers from the first leg carried to the second. Our Internet rep said that the key was to continue using the sign on from the first leg.

We did b2b last month. We had two bookings and even changed cabins. Our leftovers from the first leg carried to the second. Our Internet rep said that the key was to continue using the sign on from the first leg.

I thought the sign on included the cabin number. Are you saying that to use the unused minutes in a new cabin you had to sign on using the old cabin number?

In Dec 2017 on the Royal my internet minutes carried over as well but the other day I though I would question the internet manager (same guy as in Dec) about the carry over. His only comment was the they might carry over. He's seen it both ways lately.

I only did this because of other cutbacks I've noticed recently. So far this morning I'm still using the original allotment.

I'll only know if they carry over when I re-board later this morning.

Precisely my experience as well.

Been a while, but in September B2B on Island they not only carried over but we could not even see the page to "buy" Elite minutes for the second cruise until after using up the ones from the previous cruise.

On our recent b2b in November they carried over the minutes into the next sailing until they were used up and then we could access our free minutes again. This is how it has been on all b2b that we have done.

We also had only one folio that covered both b2b cruises. For some strange reason though they did give us a new cruise card at the start of the second b2b cruise which they have never done before. We did not change cabins on any of our b2b cruises.