Platinums/Diamonds- WWYD?

MargieWY

What would you do if early cabin access is taken away?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if early cabin access is taken away?

• Buy FTTF so that I can get to my cabin early
    • NOT buy FTTF and just wait around for my cabin to be ready
    • NOT buy FTTF and show up later when the cabin is ready
    • Stop sailing on Carnival
    • Other

Margie, Firemanbobwife's thread has about 16 pages of discussion on this topic. You can see everyone's take there.

Yes, I saw firemanbobwife’s thread, but unfortunately it’s 300+ posts of mostly bantering and speculating back and forth between a handful of users. Plus it was merged with another thread so it’s a bit hard to follow.

With my thread I’m trying to get specific answers to a hypothetical situation, and not to speculate or try to decipher whether early cabin access is truly being taken away.

We turn Platinum on our May cruise. I have held off booking another Carnival cruise. I will wait to see what happens in the next few months before I make up my mind. We already have have 3 cruises on Royal and will go with them if Carnival takes any perks away.

Yes, I saw firemanbobwife’s thread, but unfortunately it’s 300+ posts of mostly bantering and speculating back and forth between a handful of users. Plus it was merged with another thread so it’s a bit hard to follow.

With my thread I’m trying to get specific answers to a hypothetical situation, and not to speculate or try to decipher whether early cabin access is truly being taken away.

So what you’re saying is the poll wasn’t specific enough?

So what you’re saying is the poll wasn’t specific enough?

It wasn’t. I want to see answers specifically from Platinums/Diamonds. Your poll addresses everybody; those who are Platinums/Diamonds, those who are not, and those who are not bothered either way.

It’s because your poll was more vague, and because the posts were not really answering my question, the reasons why I decided to start this thread.

it wasn’t. I want to see answers specifically from platinums/diamonds. Your poll addresses everybody; those who are platinums/diamonds, those who are not, and those who are not bothered either way.

It’s because your poll was more vague, and because the posts were not really answering my question, the reasons why i decided to start this thread.

Ok.

Here we go again! :D I'll preface this by saying that I respect everyone's opinion and their right to have that opinion. Here is mine. As a Platinum, now Diamond, we never had early access to our cabins until FTTF was created. Because of this I could never understand why some P/D's were so up in arms concerning FTTF. If early access is taken away, and I don't believe it will be, I would certainly be disappointed, but would just do what we did before FTTF was created. If I jump over to RCCL or NCL will I get early cabin access? What level do I have to become to get early access on those lines? Can you even get early cabin access on those lines? I really don't know. So no, I will not be switching lines if this perk is eliminated. JMHO. Happy Sails Everybody! :cool:

... As a Platinum, now Diamond, we never had early access to our cabins until FTTF was created. Because of this I could never understand why some P/D's were so up in arms concerning FTTF. ... :cool:

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only person who remembered this. At my age I certainly don't trust my memory anymore.

Platinums and Diamonds: If Carnival ever took early cabin access away from your list of perks, what would you do?

Poll included

You didn't say what you would do if your platinum/diamond?? I have a few cruise until I'm platinum, but if most that are already didn't have it until FTTF came out, I guess most people will adjust.

Although I would probably still sail Carnival because of their pricing and year round port in Galveston, I would be ticked off to not be able to go directly to my cabin. That is one of my favorite perks, as we carry our luggage on. I like to get unpacked and organized and begin my vacation with a Guy's burger.

Why do you think mods merged those two threads? Because it's silly to have a board full of separate threads talking about the same things. Your poll might be a little different, but the discussion that ends up below it in this thread will be the same as in the other one. In fact, it pretty much already is. People saying the same thing here that they have there. More than just "bantering and speculating," there are plenty of people in that thread who have said what they, as P/D's, would do. You just have to take the time to read it.

The more polls the merrier clear.png?emoji-wink-1685
Can we please get a poll to see who wants more polls?

Here we go again! :D I'll preface this by saying that I respect everyone's opinion and their right to have that opinion. Here is mine. As a Platinum, now Diamond, we never had early access to our cabins until FTTF was created. Because of this I could never understand why some P/D's were so up in arms concerning FTTF. If early access is taken away, and I don't believe it will be, I would certainly be disappointed, but would just do what we did before FTTF was created. If I jump over to RCCL or NCL will I get early cabin access? What level do I have to become to get early access on those lines? Can you even get early cabin access on those lines? I really don't know. So no, I will not be switching lines if this perk is eliminated. JMHO. Happy Sails Everybody! :cool:

No early access on NCL. So even though I'm platinum on both NCL and Carnival, if they take it away I'm not going to book more with NCL. I'll be disappointed, yes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We become platinum next month on our Vista cruise and I never knew about early excess to cabins for p/d's. Our cabin has always been ready when we've boarded in all previous cruises. But, we are not in a hurry to board so it's not an issue for us as we normally don't arrive until after 1:30 to 2:30... no stress and walk right on.

This horse has been beaten to death enough. IF, and only if, early access to the cabins is taken away from anyone other than those that purchase FTTF, I suspect it will be because the head (or heads) of the Housekeeping Dept. for Carnival has filed a complaint with the "Beards" that, because of the reduction in the number of cabin stewards on each ship, the cabin stewards are struggling to get all of the Priority cabins ready by the time Embarkation begins. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Carnival simply does away with early access to the cabins for everyone, and sells a limited number of FTTF's (at a lower cost) for the other perks that Platinum and Diamond cruisers now get for free.

We become platinum next month on our Vista cruise and I never knew about early excess to cabins for p/d's. Our cabin has always been ready when we've boarded in all previous cruises. But, we are not in a hurry to board so it's not an issue for us as we normally don't arrive until after 1:30 to 2:30... no stress and walk right on.

This is it in a nutshell. Remenber back when you were NOT Platinum. If you arrived to the port early, you sat and waited to you got on the ship. Then you would sit with your luggage until you could get to your cabin. And you were happy to do it because you were excited about going on a cruise. There was something to eat, a place to sit in the sun, if you were smart, you brought your siut with you and changed in the bathroom and got in the pool. It wasn't so bad. You survived.

Now everybody is so spoiled, don't want to wait their turn. Get over it people. If you can't, move on to another cruise line that makes you feel special.

And yes, I am a platinum. If this even becomes true and is taken away, I will just find something to do before arriving to the ship. It's only about 3 hours. Everybody gets to their cabin by 1:30. Leave my bags at my hotel, see the city, come back for the bags and go to the port.

This is it in a nutshell. Remenber back when you were NOT Platinum. If you arrived to the port early, you sat and waited to you got on the ship. Then you would sit with your luggage until you could get to your cabin. And you were happy to do it because you were excited about going on a cruise. There was something to eat, a place to sit in the sun, if you were smart, you brought your siut with you and changed in the bathroom and got in the pool. It wasn't so bad. You survived.

Now everybody is so spoiled, don't want to wait their turn. Get over it people. If you can't, move on to another cruise line that makes you feel special.

And yes, I am a platinum. If this even becomes true and is taken away, I will just find something to do before arriving to the ship. It's only about 3 hours. Everybody gets to their cabin by 1:30. Leave my bags at my hotel, see the city, come back for the bags and go to the port.

Thumbs up!:D:D:D:D:D

You cannot really get specific answers to a hypothetical situation. All you can get is hypothetical answers to a hypothetical situation.