No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

Mischelle has already answered there is NO change. Diamond/Platinum still have early luggage and cabin access.

You miss the point of my post. Mary has worked just as long as Mischelle in answering our questions. So let's think about this. Someone who has worked for Carnival for almost 10 years, advises someone that this is no longer a perk....then someone else whose worked there for just as long hurries up to correct it.

You don't think that's odd? That the website working changed JUST FOR THIS ITEM? Like I said, announced too early.

You miss the point of my post. Mary has worked just as long as Mischelle in answering our questions. So let's think about this. Someone who has worked for Carnival for almost 10 years, advises someone that this is no longer a perk....then someone else whose worked there for just as long hurries up to correct it.

You don't think that's odd? That the website working changed JUST FOR THIS ITEM? Like I said, announced too early.

Thank you! 100% agree!

this is the sign we saw on 3/17 on the Splendor and it made me do a double take as usually it tells diamond/platinums to enter. Went to room, dropped of luggage and no one said anything

On my last 3 Carnival cruises (Dream Oct 2017, Fantasy Dec 2017, and Magic Feb 2018) there was no sign on the closed hallway doors that said Diamonds & Platinums and FTTF come on in. We went to the cabin before 1:30 in each case but had no interaction with ship crew.

We have encountered the abbreviated, new sign, also. In Jan on Elation, Feb on Paradise, and Feb/Mar on Dream. Our cabin was not ready when we boarded Dream. Each time, we too went on in and dropped our carry on, then left, closing the door.

I could buy that except post #252 reports seeing the same sign on the Splendor and firemanbobswife saw it on the Glory. What are the odds that crew on different ships created the same generic sign?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I saw it on the Magic in January. We had Fttf and just bypassed it. Thought it was odd tho.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I can't believe people would be surprised by this. I'm sure if this is real, it is viewed by the company as a way to increase profits by selling more FTTF or cut costs by making room attendant teams service a few more cabins per cruise. All of the loyal CCL people who haven't complained about the cutbacks or extra money grabs in the past really have no room to complain at this point.

I think that the platinum and diamonds of the world are foolish to think that we are number one priority for the cruise line. In general (save your anecdotal evidence to the contrary, don't care), new cruisers and infrequent cruisers spend a lot more money on their cruises than frequent/repeat cruisers because they don't know some of the money saving tips, are more likely to splurge not thinking they'll be back, and don't have any basis to believe prices are good or bad. It would seem to me that the companies would probably want to do even more to cater to new cruisers.

I believe this change will be happening despite what some jolly company man says on social media. Once the corporate people really start to catch on (and assuming the economy stays hot) expect new cruisers to get new perks instead of extra perks for loyal cruisers. This is another reason why I'm strongly considering trying another line for my next cruise after the ones I have booked.

I just turned Platinum on my last cruise. I wouldn't be completely disappointed with the rooms not being ready on boarding for Platinums and Diamonds if they also announce that the VIFP program is portable across all Carnival brands and that my status will be honored at Princess and HAL, for instance.

If there is no quid pro quo and it is just a straight cut (assuming this is even true) without reciprocity amongst the other Carnival brands or at least some other added benefit, then I will not be happy.

I have always been a Carnival cheerleader and have always cruised Carnival since 2010 when I was a convert from Royal Caribbean, but this action (again, assuming it is true) without some added benefit somewhere else will make me question my brand loyalty.

I just turned Platinum on my last cruise. I wouldn't be completely disappointed with the rooms not being ready on boarding for Platinums and Diamonds if they also announce that the VIFP program is portable across all Carnival brands and that my status will be honored at Princess and HAL, for instance.

If there is no quid pro quo and it is just a straight cut (assuming this is even true) without reciprocity amongst the other Carnival brands or at least some other added benefit, then I will not be happy.

I have always been a Carnival cheerleader and have always cruised Carnival since 2010 when I was a convert from Royal Caribbean, but this action (again, assuming it is true) without some added benefit somewhere else will make me question my brand loyalty.

Princess gives everyone access to their cabin on boarding. I wish they would extend loyalty accross all brands but do not see it happening.

My thoughts exactly! Dang it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

JH did say awhile back they were looking into the loyalty program.

When they do that it is never for the better.

If this does come to pass I don't think anybody would be dancing down 5th Ave.

Brilliant!

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I did see a post on Carnival social media page from the OP of the early access question stating that it was Karen who gave misinformation, and there are other replies asking Mischelle if Karen will be written up. Karen (who went by "Reign" on Funville and then changed to "Karen")

was known on Funville for giving wrong answers and misinformation.

I'm not disputing anyone's concerns over this--just wanted to say it doesn't seem to be Mary who gave the misinformation.

JH did say awhile back they were looking into the loyalty program.

When they do that it is never for the better.

If this does come to pass I don't think anybody would be dancing down 5th Ave.

Brilliant!

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Brilliant has a different meaning at Carnival than it does to the rest of us

Are we talking actual embarkation to the ship, or just early cabin access?

Many people, including myself, are Platinum status and have reported not having their cabins ready early in the past couple of months. But, I hadn't heard anything about the early embarkation.

I don't care if my cabin is ready, just let me go to my cabin and drop my stuff off!

Pat

The same sign was on the Conquest on our 2/26/18 sailing. Truthfully, I just ignored it and went to drop off our backpacks in our cabin, which seemed to be ready. I thought the sign was to deter non-Plat/Diamond/FTTF from going to the cabins. Didn't realize it might have been for everyone. Our steward saw us and didn't say not to go in.....

Saw same sign on victory. Wife said don’t go. I said okay and went anyways 1130am keys waiting next to door for us cabin was ready

Cruising through life

The title is a false rumor, for starters. There is still early cabin access for Diamonds/Platinums. That's a FACT!

Comments on social media from a cruise director / blogger don’t cut it as actual terms and conditions of the company. If it is a fact as you claim show me it in the list of official benefits.

Which is Carnival going to honor on the ship? Their published T&C’s or Incorrect Facebook posts from a non executive staffer? :confused:

I would have been really upset too. I already don’t feel as if we get Diamond/Platinum perks as it is. The early embarkation, access to our cabins and bag delivery (when it works) are the only things that seem like perks.

Pins, Invite to the Captains reception, free water, chocolate strawberries and a restricted free drink voucher woo hoo.....I like the metal cups as of late but would trade everything in this paragraph for a better program overall.

If they remove early embarkation, cabin access and bag delivery (when in works [emoji848]) I will probably start racking up sailings on another cruise line. I already feel as if repeat business isn’t appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am one cruise away from being diamond and to me this was my favorite perk to be able to get early access to room, the worse part is I find the Lido so overly crowded as it is waiting until rooms are ready , now add all the diamond and platinum into that crowd and its going to be crazy ..Carnival can not sell too many FTTF tickets until they see how many platinum's and diamonds they have sailing so now it all fits in, this way they know how many they can sell , and that's why they raised the price ,Im sure they will have the bacon police at the doors to keep everyone out and I bet our keys will be last to be delivered to room to prove a point incase people can get through.

CCL will eventually just have to recalibrate its perks. Like there were too many Gold for the party, now there are probably getting to be too many Platinum for the first access. On one Journey cruise last fall, half the cruisers were Platinum.

Well it is official ................................................. We still don't know what is going to happen but it has made for 15 pages of speculation. In any event, stayed tuned. We may find out soon. Then again maybe not. In fact, maybe not at all.

With that said, I will follow this thread closely. See you in about 10 more pages.

I find it interesting that about 60% of those answering the poll have declared themselves to be platinum. That number is likely larger given that there is no way to know who the "not bothered" crowd is. This sample size is either an indicator of reality or an indicator of the typical Cruise Critic user or an indicator of what type of person is likely to answer this type of poll or a mixture of the 3.

Ya'... I said useless stuff too. Just did not want to be left out of the fun. Changes are coming. When everyone gets preferential treatment, no one gets preferential treatment. Blame statistics. That is where the main fault is.