Serenade Aft Balcony - 9256

Looks like it’s the same as 9256 on Jewel and Radiance. Stayed there on the Jewel, much larger balcony has two loungers. Room under windjammers so a little noise in the morning if out on the balcony. A bit of soot but a great view. No foot traffic as room at end and in corner of the corridor. Loved that cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had this cabin on jewel. Loved it! The nice thing about aft cabins on serenade is though it’s at the very end, it’s not nearly as far as other ships. I would take this cabin again in the heartbeat. The cabin balcony is twice as big as regular balconies just because it’s so much deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The timing of this post couldn’t have been better. We’re booked on Serenade for the April sailing. We had an aft on the 10th deck and I was concerned about the noise from WJ. As it turns out, an aft on deck 9 became available. Granted, not the one listed here (looks like a slight wrap around, corner), but this helped us make our decision.

Thank you all,

Erika

We had 7674 in 2013. We found that we didn't like the rear balcony due to vibration from the propulsion and the extra long walk to get there. This particular cabin did not have the wrap around deck. It was simply longer.

My favorite having spent 50+ nites so far, have 33 nites scheduled in it this Fall on B2B2B. No WINDjAMMER noise like you would get in am on Deck 10. Quiet, nice corner room so don't hear any hall traffic either.

If that isn't a great recommendation, I don't know what is. Thank you!!

We had this exact room for 12 nights on our Med cruise and it was fantastic! No noise from the Windjammer. We did have a little soot one day but it was quickly cleaned up.

We tried very hard to get this room on Brilliance for our British Isles cruise but it was gone. "Settled" for another aft cabin on the same deck instead! :)

Be advised those corners have smaller balconies that are triangular shaped. No sliding glass door I don't care for them. But the center aft balconies are great.

This is incorrect info. They do have sliding glass door.

We did 9256 on Radiance, never any soot or noise, and the balcony was huge, in fact much bigger than the center one next to us.

acpqv7.jpg

2uhobk2.jpg We took this pic of 9256 balcony as Radiance came in to pick us up...he had to vacate of course...:')

Be advised those corners have smaller balconies that are triangular shaped. No sliding glass door I don't care for them. But the center aft balconies are great.

I think you are remembering the Deck 9 corner afts on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

If you YouTube “Brilliance of the Seas Stateroom 9256” there is a video of the room and balcony posted. Should be the same as Serenade. Sorry, I’m slightly illiterate when it comes to linking videos.

Here is the video:

Thank you for posting this thread! My mom and I are in this cabin in Sept. 2019. I originally booked us "down the hall" in 9658 - also aft, but next to a suite, so the balcony isn't as big. I was looking at our reservation and saw that 9256 was available and snagged it. I'm even more excited now to know how great y'all think it is! WOOHOO Mom and I are going to have some great conversations and drinks on that balcony!

Amazing cabin! We had it for New England/Canada last year. Long walk to the Centrum - but we considered that a benefit.

Here's what I wrote in my Serenade review: "This corner aft cabin has an extraordinary balcony! The hallway to the cabin from the Centrum is LONG. Longer than I thought it would be, but it ensured no hallway noise, and wasn't an issue for us. Might be for mobility challenged individuals."

Edited by chadbt

DW and myself love 9256 and have been lucky enough to frequent it often. We split our cruises between 9256, 1100, 1602 when on Radiance class.

1100 and 1602 can get a fair share of "chair scrappers" from above. But sometimes the price of a JS is just too close to a regular balcony to ignore.

Got 9256 in April for the Brilliance TA.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DW and myself love 9256 and have been lucky enough to frequent it often. We split our cruises between 9256, 1100, 1602 when on Radiance class.

1100 and 1602 can get a fair share of "chair scrappers" from above. But sometimes the price of a JS is just too close to a regular balcony to ignore.

Got 9256 in April for the Brilliance TA.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Had 1602 last year and couldn't agree more about the chair scrappers, especially in the early morning. Although it wouldn't stop me from getting that cabin again if the price was right.

Got 9256 in the future for Hawaii. Looking forward to trying it out.