Best thing I purchased on Cruise

cruisingberger

The best thing I purchased on our recent cruise on Caribbean Princess was the EZ check luggage program. My mother (74) and I were traveling alone this cruise. She has very bad Rheumatoid Arthritis and I was dreading lugging bags. Little did I know that there are other benefits as well. First of all, they checked us into our Delta flights and printed all 4 boarding passes (connecting flights) for us along with our bag tags. The part I hadn't thought of was that there were a few ships coming in that day so the lines to check bags was LONG when we got to the airport. We walked right past the insane line, into security, with no one in front of us. This was at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Since we had no luggage, we didn't need to stop and find it before heading through customs either so, we had no one in front of us there so in total maybe 3 minutes. While I was originally skeptical, thinking they might lose my luggage, I figured we had luggage insurance so why not? I will never again haul around luggage and wait in the check in lines again. For $25 it was the best thing I purchased from Princess, with the exception of the cruise of course. :D

• Like 3

I totally agree. The EZ check program has made the end of our cruises much more bearable by not having the search for our luggage in the "warehouse". I would think this would also allow you to use the early walk-off option to disembark.

We've not used it on Princess before because we tend to sail out of San Francisco so have no airport trips to worry about. However, we've used the equivalent to EZ air (Luggage Valet) on Celebrity several times. I agree ... it is such an awesome service.

Just an FYI, if used in Seattle, it is complimentary. The Port of Seattle picks up the charges for those that decide to use it. It started last year, which is when we first used it, then read they are continuing on with it through this year ... maybe beyond. Now, that is really sweet!!

• Like 1

we drive to Fort Lauderdale...

but when we first started cruising , the best $ 20 or so we spent was given to a porter who assisted us with our excessive luggage thru customs and to the parking garage and even put the bags in the car...:D

we pack much lighter now...without the needless formal wear stuff...:evilsmile:

The best thing I purchased on our recent cruise on Caribbean Princess was the EZ check luggage program. My mother (74) and I were traveling alone this cruise. She has very bad Rheumatoid Arthritis and I was dreading lugging bags. Little did I know that there are other benefits as well. First of all, they checked us into our Delta flights and printed all 4 boarding passes (connecting flights) for us along with our bag tags. The part I hadn't thought of was that there were a few ships coming in that day so the lines to check bags was LONG when we got to the airport. We walked right past the insane line, into security, with no one in front of us. This was at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Since we had no luggage, we didn't need to stop and find it before heading through customs either so, we had no one in front of us there so in total maybe 3 minutes. While I was originally skeptical, thinking they might lose my luggage, I figured we had luggage insurance so why not? I will never again haul around luggage and wait in the check in lines again. For $25 it was the best thing I purchased from Princess, with the exception of the cruise of course. :D

I’ve read the guidelines for this service in Fort Lauderdale. One requirement was that your flight had to be after 11:30. Our flight is AT 11:30. Will we be able to use? Has anyone had this situation?

I’ve read the guidelines for this service in Fort Lauderdale. One requirement was that your flight had to be after 11:30. Our flight is AT 11:30. Will we be able to use? Has anyone had this situation?

11:30 on the nose should be just fine. I know they told us it couldn't even be 5 minutes earlier but then I read on these boards that they will fudge it by a few minutes. Your flight meets the requirements so you should have no problem. Ours was 15 minutes earlier and they wouldn't go for that.

How far in advance does EZ Check need to be booked? Is it only for after the cruise? I read something about checking your bags at your home airport and not getting them until your cabin, but that wouldn't work since we're arriving a day early....

How far in advance does EZ Check need to be booked? Is it only for after the cruise? I read something about checking your bags at your home airport and not getting them until your cabin, but that wouldn't work since we're arriving a day early....

EZ Check is only available once onboard, and is also only available from a few USA port, with specific airlines - it's not at every port, nor for every airline. If offered at your disembarkation port, the info will be in the disembarkation paperwork you fill out partway through the cruise.

Luggage Valet is an entirely different service, which ships your luggage to any port worldwide and have it meet you aboard the ship. It's quite costly, as it's a shipping service, they pay to clear any customs along the way, storage as needed, transport to ship or home, etc. There's not set price - depends on how many bags:halo:, weight, what ports, etc. Details at website.

• 10 months later...
29 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

How does EZ check work if you have already paid for the baggage fee?  I see on the form it says the cost of baggage in addition to the service fee.  I already paid for my luggage when I bought my jetblue ticket.

There is a place on the form for notes regarding luggage fees. Some airlines waive fees if the flyer has status in the loyalty program and that's where you note things like that. I'd use that space to tell them the fees have been pre-paid. I might even bring a receipt or other evidence they were paid to attach to the form.

Another benefit of EZ Check is there will be no extra charge for overweight bags under 70 lbs.

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

There is a place on the form for notes regarding luggage fees. Some airlines waive fees if the flyer has status in the loyalty program and that's where you note things like that. I'd use that space to tell them the fees have been pre-paid. I might even bring a receipt or other evidence they were paid to attach to the form.

Another benefit of EZ Check is there will be no extra charge for overweight bags under 70 lbs.

Do you have to use EZ Air to get EZ Check?

9 minutes ago, jus10cruise said:

Nope. I've used it several times with flights I booked independently (not through Princess).

I can't find it on my personalizer.  Would you mind telling me how you arranged it?  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I can't find it on my personalizer.  Would you mind telling me how you arranged it?  Thanks.

It isn't something you can sign up for before the cruise. You'll get a form delivered to your room one day (along with your daily planner and other 'mail'). It seems like you complete the form along with a copy of your flight itinerary and they will let you know if you are approved by the airline.

1 hour ago, jus10cruise said:

It isn't something you can sign up for before the cruise. You'll get a form delivered to your room one day (along with your daily planner and other 'mail'). It seems like you complete the form along with a copy of your flight itinerary and they will let you know if you are approved by the airline.

Okay, great. Thank you.

4 hours ago, jus10cruise said:

So, there's another thing to be sure you have, a copy of your flight itinerary.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:22 AM, cruisingberger said:

The best thing I purchased on our recent cruise on Caribbean Princess was the EZ check luggage program. My mother (74) and I were traveling alone this cruise. She has very bad Rheumatoid Arthritis and I was dreading lugging bags. Little did I know that there are other benefits as well. First of all, they checked us into our Delta flights and printed all 4 boarding passes (connecting flights) for us along with our bag tags. The part I hadn't thought of was that there were a few ships coming in that day so the lines to check bags was LONG when we got to the airport. We walked right past the insane line, into security, with no one in front of us. This was at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Since we had no luggage, we didn't need to stop and find it before heading through customs either so, we had no one in front of us there so in total maybe 3 minutes. While I was originally skeptical, thinking they might lose my luggage, I figured we had luggage insurance so why not? I will never again haul around luggage and wait in the check in lines again. For $25 it was the best thing I purchased from Princess, with the exception of the cruise of course. 😄

The EZ check luggage program is the best ! I have used it many times.  Some ports and airlines don't do it.  When  I was returning  home from  a cruise out of Seattle , they didn't offer the service there.  Hopefully it will be more widely available .

Sali

Last time I used it was in November. We were flying home from Ft. Lauderdale on Jet blue. I also paid for luggage in advance with the class ticket I purchased (It included the checked bags in fee). last night of cruise I noticed on my bill that Princess not only charged me the $25.00 fee for EZcheck but also a baggage fee. Went to front desk with my paperwork(they already had a copy when I turned in the EZcheck form- showing no additional charge for baggage due. The person helping me went in their back room then came back out and confirmed that they were removing the baggage fee which was done right away.Don't know if they just looked at paperwork or called airline but it took quite a few minutes.

So caution, if no fee is happening for luggage, make sure you check your bill to be sure. Don't wait for morning, do it  night before.

Edited by san diego sue

We use EZ air check every cruise!!  The best way to end the cruise. If you use Ez air and have paid for luggage, they may charge you anyway, even if you note you have paid for luggage. This happened to us and we had to call Princess to get the money back.  We had to prove we had already paid for luggage and then they credited our credit card. So now, we just pay for luggage going down to Ft. Lauderdale and pay the fee for EZ air. Remember to have flight info with you,as you will need to list all flight numbers and airports.