Do you wish Carnival travelled to other ports areas of the world?

Keys2Heaven

For example:

UK/Ireland

Northern Europe

South America

Asia

French Polynesia

I know other lines (Celebrity & Princess, I think) do a lot of these. Just wondering why Carnival doesn't expand, especially with newer ships coming out.

I'm sure Carnival Corporation (which includes Holland, Princess, Costa, etc.) goes to all of those places. If they're missing some, let me know - and also send a memo to Mr. Arnold Donald.

Carnival Cruise Line itself has a specific brand identity which may or may not be popular outside its current markets.

For example:

UK/Ireland

Northern Europe

South America

Asia

French Polynesia

I know other lines (Celebrity & Princess, I think) do a lot of these. Just wondering why Carnival doesn't expand, especially with newer ships coming out.

I'm not really interested in Carnival cruising in those parts of the world, but I would like to see Carnival offer more cruises to the Panama Canal and the Southern Caribbean, and especially from New Orleans. I love to cruise from New Orleans, but it seems Carnival does the same ports of call over and over from NOLA.

There are lots of other lines that cruise in the regions you mentioned. Carnival Corporation seems more interested in expanding in Asia.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-cruise-joint-venture-in-china-to-order-first-ever-cruise-ships-built-in-china-300411565.html

Nope-- Lots of cruise lines go to those other places but we use Carnival cruises as relaxing time. Most of the cities in Europe and Asia are too richly filled with things to see/do for me to use a cruise as a way to visit them.

I go to those places on land vacations so I can actually stay and get to see/feel more than just a one day quick overview.

I'm sure Carnival Corporation (which includes Holland, Princess, Costa, etc.) goes to all of those places. If they're missing some, let me know - and also send a memo to Mr. Arnold Donald.

Carnival Cruise Line itself has a specific brand identity which may or may not be popular outside its current markets.

I guess I was looking at it from a brand loyalty and cost perspective.

For example:

UK/Ireland

Northern Europe

South America

Asia

French Polynesia

Ask this question. Who does Carnival market to? Carnival is not in the market for travel, but for fun. The Caribbean and areas with easy access, attract the Carnival crowd. International travel is not a common need of Carnival's core market.

Ask this question. Who does Carnival market to? Carnival is not in the market for travel, but for fun. The Caribbean and areas with easy access, attract the Carnival crowd. International travel is not a common need of Carnival's core market.

Very true. Princess cruisers are not particularly interested in the drink of the day but want to see the world.

As a matter of fact to sell more alcohol Princess will have BOGO for a buck.

I'm not really interested in Carnival cruising in those parts of the world, but I would like to see Carnival offer more cruises to the Panama Canal and the Southern Caribbean, and especially from New Orleans. I love to cruise from New Orleans, but it seems Carnival does the same ports of call over and over from NOLA.

There are lots of other lines that cruise in the regions you mentioned. Carnival Corporation seems more interested in expanding in Asia.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-cruise-joint-venture-in-china-to-order-first-ever-cruise-ships-built-in-china-300411565.html

Exactly my thoughts. The itineraries that Carnival currently has in the Caribbean are the same ports, year after year. There are so many different islands in the Southern Caribbean (St. Croix; Tortola; Antigua; Dominica; Guadeloupe; Martinique, Grenada; etc.), and South America/Panama Canal. But I'd love to see Carnival add some new itineraries or at least mix it up some with some different ports instead of just the same ones over and over again. It would actually be quite possible for the southern itinerary out of San Juan. Fascination is doing that itinerary regularly and stops at St. Thomas; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; and St. Maarten. Carnival could move another of the Fantasy Class ships to San Juan, but have it do a different itinerary to some of the other island that aren't on that current itinerary. If that's not possible, they could always alternate itineraries out of San Juan to the southern Caribbean. One week, it would be the current itinerary and the following it could be a different itinerary and then alternate between the two.

Carnival seems to be going to the larger ships with all the bells and whistles. The newer, larger ships would be great for itineraries with not as many port days or to keep on current itineraries for those who prefer the actual ship experience over the itinerary. I'd love to sail out of New Orleans, but a few days pre or post cruise IN New Orleans would be my requirement. ;)

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Why do you love to cruise from New Orleans (as opposed to, say, Miami)?

What multiple and varied itineraries do you think are economically feasible from such an inset port?

The answers to these two questions will enlighten everyone as to why (pardon the Stones reference) we can't always get what we want.

Exactly my thoughts. The itineraries that Carnival currently has in the Caribbean are the same ports, year after year. There are so many different islands in the Southern Caribbean (St. Croix; Tortola; Antigua; Dominica; Guadeloupe; Martinique, Grenada; etc.), and South America/Panama Canal. But I'd love to see Carnival add some new itineraries or at least mix it up some with some different ports instead of just the same ones over and over again. It would actually be quite possible for the southern itinerary out of San Juan. Fascination is doing that itinerary regularly and stops at St. Thomas; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; and St. Maarten. Carnival could move another of the Fantasy Class ships to San Juan, but have it do a different itinerary to some of the other island that aren't on that current itinerary. If that's not possible, they could always alternate itineraries out of San Juan to the southern Caribbean. One week, it would be the current itinerary and the following it could be a different itinerary and then alternate between the two.

Carnival seems to be going to the larger ships with all the bells and whistles. The newer, larger ships would be great for itineraries with not as many port days or to keep on current itineraries for those who prefer the actual ship experience over the itinerary. I'd love to sail out of New Orleans, but a few days pre or post cruise IN New Orleans would be my requirement. ;)

Dilute the frequency of which lines call on ports and watch the port fees rise due to decreased absorption of costs. There's a reason so many of these itineraries become "stale" for the frequent cruiser . It's because the cruise lines have negotiated to bring volumes of guests repeatedly to said islands and those agreements don't have the frequent cruiser in mind.

Watch when those "unique" itineraries pop up sandwiched between the "stale" ones. They sell like hotcakes to the well-heeled cruiser.

Very true. Princess cruisers are not particularly interested in the drink of the day but want to see the world.

As a matter of fact to sell more alcohol Princess will have BOGO for a buck.

Have you cruised both? One day when the kids are life I would love to do more international cruises but not sure which cruise line. We have done a lot of carnival and one royal (was not a fan but need to give them another shot' date=' could have just been an off cruise).

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Have you cruised both? One day when the kids are life I would love to do more international cruises but not sure which cruise line. We have done a lot of carnival and one royal (was not a fan but need to give them another shot, could have just been an off cruise).

Yes we have. We are Diamond on Carnival and about 3 years ago started with Princess and now we are platinum

As a matter of fact most of our cruises these days are Princess as we have done a bunch of European with them and currently have three more booked.

Nice thing about Princess we still get the stockholder obc. Just wish they would combine loyalty programs.

o.k. then why not have a few more Journey's type that hit some areas not normally traveled to?

With rather infrequent regularity Carnival offers sailings in the Med, Alaska, TransPacific, Australia, Panama Canal, South America.

Granted, some of these sailings are repositioning cruises or new ship deliveries (the Med), but they do exist and are readily available to book.

We had quite a nice 12 night Med cruise on the Splendor back in 2008...and there have been others since then as new ships are delivered from the Italian shipyards.

Yes we have. We are Diamond on Carnival and about 3 years ago started with Princess and now we are platinum

As a matter of fact most of our cruises these days are Princess as we have done a bunch of European with them and currently have three more booked.

Nice thing about Princess we still get the stockholder obc. Just wish they would combine loyalty programs.

Same here! Started with Carnival, moved to Princess for a few Cruises now back to Carnival, love both lines and would loved if they did a combined loyalty program.

Same here! Started with Carnival, moved to Princess for a few Cruises now back to Carnival, love both lines and would loved if they did a combined loyalty program.

Might have to look into princess then when the time comes, we are getting close to Platinum (hopefully only 3 more cruises). I had thought about princess before but heard not great reviews about the food? We are very happy with the food and overall experience with carnival.

We'd like to see more port options from Carnival. More Caribbean islands (that they don't normally go to now), Central America, & Europe. We like Princess too, but think Carnival offers more bang for the buck. Tried Celebrity once, liked the itinerary, but didn't care at all for Celebrity.

Might have to look into princess then when the time comes, we are getting close to Platinum (hopefully only 3 more cruises). I had thought about princess before but heard not great reviews about the food? We are very happy with the food and overall experience with carnival.

We find food in dining room about the same between Carnival and Princess.

Where Princess really shines is the buffets. Princess buffet is head and shoulders above Carnival both in taste and variety. Also crewmembers get you drinks in buffet.

The one area that Carnival is clear cut winner is the comedy club.