Staying on Symphony at Nassau?

We haven’t been on the Symphony (yet! December !). But on other ships we have been on a lot of activities that need personnel to run it (florider, climbing wall, etc) that are open on sea days have limited or no hours on port days. The planner will let you know. But it is a fun feeling to feel like you have a semi-private ship on port days when you stay on board.

Nassau gets a bad rap and it is pretty touristy. Sounds like maybe you have been there before and hence your question. You didn’t say how long you were in port. For ports that we aren’t really interested in, we still tend to get off, have a drink, take a pic with the sign, get back on. But if it’s a short day, we would probably just stay on and relax.

Nassau

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on Symphony in Feb and are stopping in Nassau as well. Plans are to either stay on the ship or to find another small island we can get to besides the port. Been to Nassau several times. Seen enough of it.

We are on Symphony in Feb and are stopping in Nassau as well. Plans are to either stay on the ship or to find another small island we can get to besides the port. Been to Nassau several times. Seen enough of it.

We are on the 2/2/19 sailing :). We’ve been to Nassau a few times. Last time we enjoyed Tiki Bikini Hut, but now that it is more expensive, are thinking of staying on the boat, and enjoying the sun and our drink package :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol- just realized I worded my post a little wrong... was wondering if there were EXTRA activities, like games/trivia/etc while in port, like on sea days :)

There will be some, but I’d say fewer of those sorts of activities on a port day.

I’d still stay on board rather than get off in Nassau though.

We are on the 2/2/19 sailing :). We’ve been to Nassau a few times. Last time we enjoyed Tiki Bikini Hut, but now that it is more expensive, are thinking of staying on the boat, and enjoying the sun and our drink package :)

That is what we did on our last visit. Nice spot but way over priced. If we ever stop at Nassau again we will stay on the ship Nassau Sucks

I looked at our Cruise Compass from May on the Harmony. The ship was in port from 7am to 2pm. Here were the activities that took place while the ship was docked....

3 fitness classes

Trivia Game

Rise and Shine Bloody Mary/Mimosa Special (Not sure if this counts as an activity :) )

Puzzle Challenge

Scattergories

Family Basketball Hot Shots Competition

Color Your Stress Away (not sure what this was, it took place in On Air)

Comlimentary Learn to Play Sessions

After a massage that morning, I got off the ship and found found a pub and had a couple of drinks (we didn't have the drink package as my wife doesn't drink)

In November on the Enchantment we will go to the fish fry and then head to the pub I found in May.

Not a big Nassau fan either. Last time we did get off the ship and walked up to the Queen's Staircase and the fort, then back. I think we were off the ship for about 1.5 hours and back onboard by lunchtime. Also have done the Hilton day pass, but that's getting a bit expensive (I think $82 now).

Even if you decide not to go into town, its nice to at least get off the ship and, if nothing else, walk around the dock area, maybe check out some of the other docked ships, take some photos, etc. You can do this without officially entering Nassau (i.e., going thru the customs house, and back).

As I recall, there were some extra activities happening on the ship, but not as many as you'd see on an at-sea day. Good day to find pool seats, etc.

You won't be alone. Many stay on the ship.

Me, I always find something interesting to do in every port. Been to Nassau 30 plus times, and still get off the ship each time. Even this last one, recovering from a broken foot. ;)

If any in your group are into craft beer, the Pirate Republic Brewing Company is just a short walk from the pier. We enjoyed the hour or so we were there. Good beers. I know you were asking about ship activities, but this is just for others that may be interested to know that Nassau doesn't just "Suck". A few of the crew (Scuba Diving instructors) were in there at the same time we were.

My MIL did not enjoy the subtleties of craft brewing as mush as I do so I ended up finishing off a few more brews than I anticipated.

sZecOFZjzMi8Z87k1XrHubKVTWlKC4ZxB38FwOxaxJvtFVMGNz7fGeQ7ZQLjFMiZGXZHjDqg0qvbk5ncVR5ZBPaAlfoYljx1xOZfk16yYNJLcMybyjZPyDUlRdcSsIPazQzFGorpQAshpuagrRroUyIOuuN6xHm16MPsUAhe6sZX0skPA1BOIcny3odEs1vCrxy2dgBa0Sys1K89GPACEdR7mnzmXDAwNvAlW2bwXzUM22Fy9gtqz-1TS2IP1ujf4S35fc3CKhZUrKgN96qS0E5GrTYdqMS-hDyYcGQU3mlnnDDJKre1W2vXd7pOMOuy7DKAHBBxNvUd-wniiVunJvPUbMIh9qkUYVT9G5XNvww5r5nvP3XvkDfl2v-Buzmlg9Hqd1X3iaMoTxTOCPvIft0BntfAWfImwosv_VtfmY1tLtQUyTj-ddv0WGcCnv1c4eEO4Ao4ACh0fDL2tNVlPDU6GEnwGBlNpSJbkXyqhL3GuqSf3XHUrDWEOV8j7e7ZlCrhwgPcXBLIE1dHc2edQJALbGStYAz6pOrKNfy-0d5p1Y71p8J9p6Ilhqym5GyLem3u1wo6JUkVm8h6MdWUrB8e9m3HapuhNLtHjJKHyN8YugUnquzO7Ysjhomr7X59h2OUHVeqMZvV5yRlZr3ZL0YApvzzNU_a=w614-h346-no

I still managed to break even on my deluxe beverage package before dinner time once back on board. ;p

dp

Edited by dpostman

We’ve done the Resort for a Day booking at the British Colonial Hilton. It’s a short walk (10 min) from the dock and online bookings are $82 pp which includes a $40 food/beverage credit. They have a great beach, pool and use of snorkel, kayak and fitness center. Very nice. Highly recommend.

That is what we did on our last visit. Nice spot but way over priced. If we ever stop at Nassau again we will stay on the ship Nassau Sucks

We went back when it was $35 for 6 drinks (you could pick pick or up Hatcher you wanted), chairs and an umbrella. I’ve heard that after the remodel it’s way more...

We’ve done the Resort for a Day booking at the British Colonial Hilton. It’s a short walk (10 min) from the dock and online bookings are $82 pp which includes a $40 food/beverage credit. They have a great beach, pool and use of snorkel, kayak and fitness center. Very nice. Highly recommend.

Ooo, that sounds like a fun option...

I agree 100 percent with you, we used to love this place until it turned corporate.

If any in your group are into craft beer, the Pirate Republic Brewing Company is just a short walk from the pier. We enjoyed the hour or so we were there. Good beers. I know you were asking about ship activities, but this is just for others that may be interested to know that Nassau doesn't just "Suck". A few of the crew (Scuba Diving instructors) were in there at the same time we were.

My MIL did not enjoy the subtleties of craft brewing as mush as I do so I ended up finishing off a few more brews than I anticipated.

I still managed to break even on my deluxe beverage package before dinner time once back on board. ;p

dp

I completely agree with you.

sZecOFZjzMi8Z87k1XrHubKVTWlKC4ZxB38FwOxaxJvtFVMGNz7fGeQ7ZQLjFMiZGXZHjDqg0qvbk5ncVR5ZBPaAlfoYljx1xOZfk16yYNJLcMybyjZPyDUlRdcSsIPazQzFGorpQAshpuagrRroUyIOuuN6xHm16MPsUAhe6sZX0skPA1BOIcny3odEs1vCrxy2dgBa0Sys1K89GPACEdR7mnzmXDAwNvAlW2bwXzUM22Fy9gtqz-1TS2IP1ujf4S35fc3CKhZUrKgN96qS0E5GrTYdqMS-hDyYcGQU3mlnnDDJKre1W2vXd7pOMOuy7DKAHBBxNvUd-wniiVunJvPUbMIh9qkUYVT9G5XNvww5r5nvP3XvkDfl2v-Buzmlg9Hqd1X3iaMoTxTOCPvIft0BntfAWfImwosv_VtfmY1tLtQUyTj-ddv0WGcCnv1c4eEO4Ao4ACh0fDL2tNVlPDU6GEnwGBlNpSJbkXyqhL3GuqSf3XHUrDWEOV8j7e7ZlCrhwgPcXBLIE1dHc2edQJALbGStYAz6pOrKNfy-0d5p1Y71p8J9p6Ilhqym5GyLem3u1wo6JUkVm8h6MdWUrB8e9m3HapuhNLtHjJKHyN8YugUnquzO7Ysjhomr7X59h2OUHVeqMZvV5yRlZr3ZL0YApvzzNU_a=w614-h346-no

dp

Thanks for the recommendation! That might be something I would get off the ship for in Nassau. For me personally, laying by the pool on a less crowded day beats traveling to a beach.