Must Do’s on the Escape?

Jessieasanders

Our last cruise (Getaway) I came across a similar type post for the ship and there were some fantastic recommendations! I’m positive we wouldn’t have realized Ocean Blue had a window that sold lobster rolls on sea days ... nor would we have gotten a vibe pass ... and possibly wouldn’t have made sure to catch the comedy show early on the cruise.

Sooooo, what are the must do’s (or must eat, or must drink) on the Escape? We are cruising out of NYC in March as a celebration for when my hubby comes back from being deployed.

I saw it somewhere, but now of course can’t find it ... but someone mentioned that the ship will sail under a bridge the day we depart. The post recommended going up to the highest level of the ship to see the bridge up close. Has anyone done this? Know about how long from leaving this happens?

I saw it somewhere, but now of course can’t find it ... but someone mentioned that the ship will sail under a bridge the day we depart. The post recommended going up to the highest level of the ship to see the bridge up close. Has anyone done this? Know about how long from leaving this happens?

It’s about 15-20 minutes... I go up to deck 19/20 they are normally quiet sun decks...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I liked eating lunch at Margaritaville before depature. had great view of the port and water.

I got a kick out of Brat Pack, I was late 80's high school grad.

there is a two story video screen next to O'Sheehans. I saw a Tom Petty live concert there one afternoon for about 45 minutes.

I LOVED the specialty restaurants.

The Choir of Man is a must-see on Escape. I recommend eating before or after the show....unless you really enjoy bangers and mash.

It’s no longer bangers and mash... it was beef wellington on our cruise.

We just got off this ship a few weeks ago, and loved it so much we have booked it again. Cagney'sand Moderno was wonderful, the thermal spa was great and we spent a fair amount of time at tobacco road listening to music. As far as the bridge, it is quite a site as you pass under the Verazzano bridge. I believe I read somewhere that the ship clears it by about 14 meters. You really feel like you can touch it.

The Freedom Tower will be on the port (left) side of the ship as you head down the Hudson river, and shortly after that you will see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on the starboard (right) side of the ship. You'll go under the bridge ~30 after the ship leaves the NYC dock. How close the ship gets to the bridge will depend on the tide at that particular time.

Have fun. We LOVE sailing out of NYC (and Cape Liberty in NJ).

We just returned from a week on escape my must do's are:

1. Howl at the moon, the last night late was the best some other performers on the ship joined in.

2. Cagney's

3. Tappenyaki

4. Manny at district brew house.

5. District brew house when still light out, views are amazing!

6. Choir of Men

We loved our trip and the escape!

Sailing past the Statue of Liberty, then under the Verrazano Bridge are both awesome. The SOL is in sight maybe 10-15 minutes are departure, and you sail past about 15 minutes later. Then another 10-15 minutes until crossing under the bridge. Highly recommended to be out on deck the entire time.

Just got off the Escape yesterday.

1) See the beautiful sites of NY from the highest deck. Port side is the city view, Starboard side will be the Statue of Liberty. Must stay out on deck until you go under the Veranzano Bridge.

2) See the shows: After Midnight; Brat Pack; Choir of Man (charge of $19.19 pp but so worth it), comes with Beef Wellington and all the beer you can drink or order your favorite drink from the bar

3) Sugarcane Mojito bar is a great place to hang, very friendly bartenders

4) first night all bottles of alcohol purchased on board is 10% off. They hold the bottles until the night before departure

5) Also have a $10 sale of pocketbooks and scarves the first night

6) If you want to avoid crowds, like the crowds around poolside, go up to the highest level by the basketball courts. There is a small deck with lounges and chairs - not too many people know about it.

7) we were not aware until the last night that you are only allowed 1 liter per person of alcohol and 1 carton of cigs. We purchased 4 bottles of alcohol 2 on the ship and 2 in Bermuda. We were totally honest with the customs agent and when he asked what do you declare my husband told him 4 bottles of liquor, he said enjoy the rest of your day!

Enjoy your trip!

It’s no longer bangers and mash... it was beef wellington on our cruise.

When did you sail? We are on the 10/28 sailing and I can tell you if it is still bangers and mash I will opt for the veg. option. May be they found that the majority of passengers attending are not that fond of bangers and mash and switched it! I am hoping that is the case.:D

MARAPRINCE

When did you sail? We are on the 10/28 sailing and I can tell you if it is still bangers and mash I will opt for the veg. option. May be they found that the majority of passengers attending are not that fond of bangers and mash and switched it! I am hoping that is the case.:D

MARAPRINCE

23rd September sailing - they had beef wellington although that’s not very traditional pub food, can’t see what the problem with a British banger was [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1