First RCI cruise....No burgers, no hots, no fries, & pizza is worse than Tombstone

On our February Oasis cruise (with the new menus) escargots were only available for dinner for 3 nights. And God forbid you asked for them o a night they were not on the menu.

On Freedom several weeks ago on 6 day cruise they were available all days except for last two.

On Anthem for Thanksgiving and Grandeur for Christmas and New Year they were available daily.

On Allure several years ago they didn’t have escargots daily, but there was a dish very similar to it. Scallop creten or something.

In the same dishes. Do you remember if Oasis had them?

Wasn't that when they had that worldwide escargot shortage?

I am not sure, but it was a great compromise for our family as I love both dishes, but my husband doesn’t like and cannot eat snails.

This cruise was in January 2016.

Carnival certainly does the counter serve stuff VERY well. But they trade that off with less venues and only 1 or 2 specialty dining locations. I think the Carnival buffet is terrible, personally, and much prefer the options on Harmony. I'm waiting for the cruise line that does ALL of the above outstanding... a cross between Royal and Carnival I think :)

Carnival's pizza is really outstanding. But honestly, the lines and waiting can be too much which is frustrating. I don't want to stand around waiting 1/2 hour for pizza. Being able to walk into Sorrento's anytime and grab a slice is preferable to me since it's just pizza and a quick bite afterall. If they could give you Carnival quality pizza as fast as Sorrento's... now that would be the sweet.

I have seen line ups outside of Sorrentos on quite a few occasions. Last year while on Harmony there were long line ups almost every night after the shows got out.

At least I'm not one of those guys with a Pug "service animal" on a cruise, right?!?!

For the record, I never ever had a Guy's Burger......and I love burgers.....that smell though....plus I like the sliced tomatoes. Lunch, i try to eat a grilled chicken salad with avocado if available.....I save myself for dinner......and Carnival's Pizza.....I actually ask them to make a pizza without sauce and cheese, and I spread butter on top...taste like Naan butter straight out of a clay oven....So good, give it a try......

I have seen line ups outside of Sorrentos on quite a few occasions. Last year while on Harmony there were long line ups almost every night after the shows got out.

Lines for pizza were significantly longer on our only Oasis class cruise. We’ve never had a problem otherwise on our Freedom and Voyager class cruises.

The most annoying on our Oasis cruise(and maybe it was just that cruise)... but quite a few people were asking for the WHOLE pizza when they got up to the counter rather than a slice or two. Made the wait ridiculously long and frustrating sometimes.

Dan

At least I'm not one of those guys with a Pug "service animal" on a cruise, right?!?!

For the record, I never ever had a Guy's Burger......and I love burgers.....that smell though....plus I like the sliced tomatoes. Lunch, i try to eat a grilled chicken salad with avocado if available.....I save myself for dinner......and Carnival's Pizza.....I actually ask them to make a pizza without sauce and cheese, and I spread butter on top...taste like Naan butter straight out of a clay oven....So good, give it a try......

I’m like that too. I try to eat as various as I can. Granted that RCI isn’t famous for buffet fare, I love Princess in this department, still there are nicer and healthier selection.

On our February Oasis cruise (with the new menus) escargots were only available for dinner for 3 nights. And God forbid you asked for them o a night they were not on the menu.

I’m leaving on Thursday on the Grandeur. I’ll see if that’s the case this time around. If its changed, I will be most disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree that carnival has way better pizza, Sorrentos is not good pizza. Guys burgers was a great option and good too. The burgers they serve for lunch in the windjammer are terrible should be tossed at sea! However on our last cruise we skipped the mdr and did the windjammer that featured handmade burgers with any kind of topping you can think of, this was the best burger I may have ever had! Buffet that night was amazing too, maybe check with the staff what's featured in the windjammer in the evenings. There was a Mexican theme one night people were raving about. Fires have always been hot and fresh.

Looks like another "hit-n-run" post. Jumps in, trashes Royal, builds up Carnival. Doesn't return for any further posts/comments/answers.:confused::rolleyes:

I think their screen name says it all.

This guy seems a bit "trollish" but Johnny Rockets on the Freedom class ships serve cook-to-order burgers so although I am not a huge JR fan. We have plenty of them around home and they seem to simply be yet another over-priced burger joint to me but they are an option.

:evilsmile:

Edited by ndabunka

This guy seems a bit "trollish" but Johnny Rockets on the Freedom class ships serve cook-to-order burgers so although I am not a huge JR fan. We have plenty of them around home and they seem to simply be yet another over-priced burger joint to me but they are an option.

:evilsmile:

The only downside is JR is $9.99/pp. I have one here on land near my house, and it doesn't even cost that much for a burger and fries.

Maybe next time I'll have to try out one of those rust buckets just so I can have a Guy Fieri burger.

I will never forget walking to get back on Harmony in Cozumel and my 7 Yo Daughter grabs my hand and points to a Carnival ship on one of the other piers and calmly says-

"look at that dump"

she may have been spoiled by harmony for her first cruise

Sounds like you should cancel as soon as possible.

Lunch is rarely served on RCI. People hoard toast from breakfast to keep from starving.

Does everyone eat lunch at Guy's or the Blue Iguana on your Carnival cruises? On my four Carnival cruises, the ships had the dining room and the Lido available for lunch, also.

Guys and Iguana Rock. Great burgers fries and fish tacos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

When I first sailed on Disney the food was *Amazing*!! The second time we cruised we were disappointed at the menu changed. The host told us because people wanted burgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets they had to scale back the menu. My reply was, who cruises wanting to eat junk food?!?!

I thought cruises were all about trying exotic dishes from around the world? Why would someone want to eat hot dogs and bad pizza after spending thousands of dollars on a trip with free food? Not putting anyone down, but I totally enjoyed the old way of a daily menu that served up dishes you couldn’t pronounce lol

I’ve cruised Carnival and after cruising Disney and RCI I said I’d never go back to Carnival.

You definitely get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Freedom several weeks ago on 6 day cruise they were available all days except for last two.

That would make sense to me, since I'm sure freshness is a pretty important consideration for escargot.