MDR question

travellingnana

From another cruise critic article about dress codes... this is Princess

Written Restrictions and Jeans: In the dining room, items such as cutoff T-shirts, shorts and halter tops are not permitted; shoes must be worn at all times. Jeans are permitted as long as they aren't fraying and don't have holes.

From another cruise critic article about dress codes... this is Princess

Written Restrictions and Jeans: In the dining room, items such as cutoff T-shirts, shorts and halter tops are not permitted; shoes must be worn at all times. Jeans are permitted as long as they aren't fraying and don't have holes.

Thank you! Finally a rule that works in my favor!

Packing for my cruise and only bringing a carry on. Can I wear nice jeans (darker, no holes) to the MDR for dinner? I'm not talking about formal night...just regular days. Thanks.

Absolutely ... nice jeans are perfectly acceptable in the MDR.

Packing for my cruise and only bringing a carry on. Can I wear nice jeans (darker, no holes) to the MDR for dinner? I'm not talking about formal night...just regular days. Thanks.

Hi,

I use one rolling carry on 21 inch and a small bag with personal things in it. (meds, shampoo etc.). We take warn weather cruises to the Caribbean. So, my packing might be different then yours. I choose lightweight fabrics for my clothing. I just can't believe what I can fit in the one carry on bag. I don't wear jeans because too hot for the warm weather. Everything folds flat. Our last cruise I had at least 10 outfits in the bag. I also get the free laundry and use it.

Now, if I were going to Alaska, I don't think I could do it in a carry on.

As for your jeans, I believe they are allowed. When at home I wear a lot of them and with the right blouse, jewelry etc, I feel they look nice.

Enjoy your cruise. By the way, where are you going to cruise to.

Bad response.The truth is jeans in good repair are acceptable and quite common in the MDR on non-formal nights.

Truth is, that ANY pair of jeans no matter what shape their are in are acceptable on casual evenings, provided they have no holes. :)

You'll fine that their dress code isn't at all as strict as some people on this board would have you believe, even on formal evenings.

You'll find out for your self shortly. ;)

(y) Very true and it's for the better!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Maybe this could just be a thread that simply answers the question!! Not one’s opinion on whether or not they like jeans....

Jeans are permitted in the MDR, as per the guidelines put in by place by Princess Cruises as long as they aren’t fraying and don’t have holes. That’s basically the end of the story and the reality of the situation.

OP, enjoy your cruise and your meals in the MDR!

Maybe this could just be a thread that simply answers the question!! Not one’s opinion on whether or not they like jeans....

Jeans are permitted in the MDR, as per the guidelines put in by place by Princess Cruises as long as they aren’t fraying and don’t have holes. That’s basically the end of the story and the reality of the situation.

OP, enjoy your cruise and your meals in the MDR!

That's very true. I have seen some jeans that most people wouldn't wear if they were brand new. Maybe they were worn as some sort of a joke and yet the guy was admitted ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD7CFO_cJgDPCveCxC7COpPCzF6JD2e2tcqkAqn4n4tlhQ7BOX

Abolsutely they will be allowed! Since you are packing, you are obviously leaving soon for your cruise.

Hope you have calm seas and wonderful weather. Enjoy!

In the southwest we wear jeans all the time including to dinner etc. So it would take a small miracle to get me out of my jeans. Any pair will do as long as they don't have holes in them. My faded blue jeans work. Last cruise I was napping when the DW woke my up for dinner with maybe 10 minutes to dress on the last formal night. Without thinking I put on my jeans and short sleeved guayabera and went to TD. It was not until I was sitting at the table that I realized I had on my jeans. Makes me wonder how well they check!

Truth is, that ANY pair of jeans no matter what shape their are in are acceptable on casual evenings, provided they have no holes. :)

Then how do I get my feet into them if there are no holes?

It's the UP side to Princess that theey aren't so stuffy and snobby.

Jeans dark or light are worn to the MDR except on formal nights, you will fit right in.

thank you! I definitely wear jeans, especially on the casual nights.

I hate dresses and skirts.

Doesnt make it right if you have high personal standards of dress code wherever you are or going to dine.

It is right because Princess allows it. It's not a question on what one believes in socially or what one's opinion is, it a question about whether or not Princess Cruise Lines allows jean into the MDR on non formal nights.

All judgements aside, jeans are allowed into the MDR unless they have holes or a ripped.

Of course nice jeans will be fine in MDR for non formal nights. And if that’s what you feel good in you should wear them.

IMHO The best part of being a girl is getting to wear dresses. If you have ones that fit well, don’t bind and complement your physique they are soooooooooooooo much more comfortable than jeans. So light and breezy. Jeans bind and dig and hurt and simply don’t look good on me.

Even when I was 20 or so and weighed next to nothing jeans were still less comfortable than well fitted skirts & dresses. (No pantyhose of course!)

I think y’all should wear what makes you feel pretty and happy.

I do think men in sleeveless shirts and ball caps should be turned away at MDR. I don’t like to see armpit hair while I eat & ball caps are just inappropriate at night in a restaurant.

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

Not a big fan of jeans on cruises(too hot for one thing)As long as they are decent & no holes they are allowed. Only bringing a carry on? What's the length of your cruise?

Edited by keithm
additions

Denim jeans are not only bulky to pack, but they also create extra weight in luggage. Even if they are ironed down, the heavy fabric and the top-stitched seams do not lie very flat. If you get caught in the rain, it takes a long time for heavy denim fabric to dry, and the jeans may remain damp for awhile.

By all means, find a pair of comfortable pants to wear, but denim has a lot of drawbacks, especially in Alaska, where you may get caught in the rain.

In my experience, heavy denim jeans are also too warm for the Caribbean or for most Mexican Riviera ports, Panama Canal ( where you may experience frequent rainfall), Central America, etc. JMO -- EBC

Denim jeans are not only bulky to pack, but they also create extra weight in luggage. Even if they are ironed down, the heavy fabric and the top-stitched seams do not lie very flat. If you get caught in the rain, it takes a long time for heavy denim fabric to dry, and the jeans may remain damp for awhile.

By all means, find a pair of comfortable pants to wear, but denim has a lot of drawbacks, especially in Alaska, where you may get caught in the rain.

In my experience, heavy denim jeans are also too warm for the Caribbean or for most Mexican Riviera ports, Panama Canal ( where you may experience frequent rainfall), Central America, etc. JMO -- EBC

They do make light weight jeans! They aren't the jeans of old, don't weigh much more than any other pants and dry just as quickly as docker type pants. Actually roll them up and they take up less room and don't get wrinkled.

Living in Miami, these are exactly what you see around here.

The dark light weight jeans my husband has have been great for going to dinner on our Caribbean cruises just like they are going out here in the heat of Miami.