What hotel chain would you compare Carnival to?

MargieWY

In terms of service, product quality, decor, clientele. and value for the money, what hotel chain would you compare Carnival to? This comparison will help me explain Carnival better to friends who've never cruised before 😀

I was thinking the same thing.

Waiting now for the Motel 6 / Super 8 / EconoLodge yokels to chime in.

Right?

I think if you wanted to go with an IHG property, then maybe a Crowne Plaza?

definitely not a Holiday Inn Express but not an Intercontinental either which is a little higher end. (not by much though)

Holiday Inn. Not Holiday Inn Express. Just the good ol regular Holiday Inn.

The only reason I disagree with Marriott Courtyard or Hilton Garden is because they have no marketing for kids. Holiday Inn markets to the parent crowd.

In terms of service, product quality, decor, clientele. and value for the money, what hotel chain would you compare Carnival to? This comparison will help me explain Carnival better to friends who've never cruised before 😀

Marriott Courtyard

Brand name but not a JW Marriott

I suppose Marriott Courtyard is as good as any other choice. But, comparing going on a cruise, whether it's Carnival or any other cruise line, to a hotel chain is a bit like comparing apples to oranges. Rather than try to compare cruising on Carnival with staying at a hotel, why not have your friends look at the Carnival videos posted on Youtube? If, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a video worth?

I suppose Marriott Courtyard is as good as any other choice. But, comparing going on a cruise, whether it's Carnival or any other cruise line, to a hotel chain is a bit like comparing apples to oranges. Rather than try to compare cruising on Carnival with staying at a hotel, why not have your friends look at the Carnival videos posted on Youtube? If, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a video worth?

How about this one (or the hundreds just like it):

I would go with Marriott Courtyard too, good, consistent, clean and reasonable. We can always count on Courtyard to deliver exactly what we expected from them. NOTE: the key word here is "expected" and we always manage our expectations in everything we do to maintain a level of a reasonable experience.

LOL good to hear so many people say Courtyard. We travel A LOT for my children's skating competitions (This week is #2 out of 3 weekends in a row) and we always stay Marriott. My mother in law works for Marriott so we get a great discount! Courtyard is a great hotel although I prefer Residence Inn or Springhill Suites for the kitchens. Although, we don't have a kitchen in our room on the ship!

Drury Inn and Suites.

Great beds, friendly service and basics included (basic breakfast, basic dinner). Plus, they both have the shampoo / body wash dispensers in the shower ;p instead of little bottles.

Oh, and another thing they both offer - Value for your money.

How about this one (or the hundreds just like it):

Fun fact. You can search for any cruise line and get the same results. Has nothing to do with the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You beat me to it StolidCruiser. People being stupid and doing stupid things is not exclusive to any one cruise line. By the way, did you happen to notice that in both videos, the fighting was between some women?

Holiday Inn, Ramada, or Best Western.

- Big companies that cater to a large sliver of the population.

- They target families with their facilites and amenities offered.

- The food is your average chain fare.

- Some of the newer properties are very nice while some of the older ones are a bit run down and outdated.

Sounds just like Carnival [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fun fact. You can search for any cruise line and get the same results. Has nothing to do with the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I didn't mean to infer that it was line-specific. The post I responded to indicated that someone could go to youtube to view Carnival cruise videos. You can certainly replace "Carnival" with any other cruise line and get the same results. Stupid is universal.

Country Inn and Suites - clean, decent and consistent service, comfortable rooms, breakfast included, gym, washers/dryers on site, not too expensive (but not "cheap"), decent deals if you do your research.