Be patient ... Miami office closing due to storm

cruisestitch

I thought they had call centers in other states. Then you just send the call that way.

Am I wrong?

Brenda

"CSR staff in other locations will take over but obviously the company will be short staffed for a while."

First sentence....

Earlier today I spoke with a Captain's Club agent at the call center in Kansas who told me that the offices in Florida will be closed Thursday and a Friday due to evacuations and preparations for the hurricane. Some staff from the Miami offices have been moved to other locations so they can continue to work.

The shoreside Concierge told me via email that she might be delayed in responding to any communication until Saturday, or later, due to the storm.

Hoping for the best for all those in the way of this storm...

We would like to offer wishes for the safety of all Celebrity, Azamara, and Royal Caribbean shoreside staff and their families who live and work in South Florida, and to all those many seafaring crew and staff on the fleet ships.

We have family who reside in South Florida, and the ones who remain there report preparations are well underway for Hurricane Irma.

We cruise in just over a week and had not heard from the shore side concierge.

Having seen and heard of the present problems and knowing from here about the office being closed we had decided not to chase up...Our suite requests are fairly minimal, we know the butler will sort us once on board.

Then just now the phone rang...Concierge Edwin sitting in Miami and phoning to find out what drinks etc. we want in our suite. In the present situation never have our requests seemed such trivia....Well done, Celebrity Miami, for still looking after your customers.

Thoughts and prayers with all of you.

Yep, this is all we've heard the last 3 days. People going crazy for gas, water, etc. They line up at 7 AM and sit in long lines 4 days out.

I swung by Costco last night at 7:30, no one in line for gas, went into the store, fully stocked and registers empty. Compare this with a line of about 200 people waiting to get in Tuesday morning and a line of about 60 cars trying to get in Wednesday morning. Crazy If people wouldn't panic there would be enough to go around.

And yea, the track is back towards the middle of Florida now but we still have 2 days, anything can happen.

We cruise in just over a week and had not heard from the shore side concierge.

Having seen and heard of the present problems and knowing from here about the office being closed we had decided not to chase up...Our suite requests are fairly minimal, we know the butler will sort us once on board.

Then just now the phone rang...Concierge Edwin sitting in Miami and phoning to find out what drinks etc. we want in our suite. In the present situation never have our requests seemed such trivia....Well done, Celebrity Miami, for still looking after your customers.

Thoughts and prayers with all of you.

I love your posts Chemmo. Always willing to just go with it calmly, and things always work out. A good way to go :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now wondering if it was a wise decision by Miami to have a ship permantly in the Caribbean.

And what about Edge, the only schedules I have seen are Caribbean ones.

But think of all that lucrative Summer trade they would miss without a ship there! It used to really annoy us when I was working (teaching) that my only holiday long enough to enjoy family time in Orlando and then add a cruise on ruled out X because they weren't there! Summer is a popular Caribbean cruise time for many from Europe.

Now wondering if it was a wise decision by Miami to have a ship permantly in the Caribbean.

I think the weather has effected more cruises up north for the Canada/ New England itineraries in the last few years than the Caribbean has. Sandy was a disaster in 2012 and that was a rare late season storm.

The only reason this is a big problem with Irma is that it is affecting the embarkation ports in Florida.

Most hurricanes in the Caribbean do not go to Florida. So most cruises during the six month hurricane season sail on schedule. The itinerary may be altered to miss the storm, but the cruise still occurs and passengers have no problem getting to or from the Florida airports involved.