Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

Packing tape works perfectly - although I have to admit I will miss the excitement i get when I open my mailbox and see the envelope from RCI

2thesea, I agree with you. There's something about seeing that little letter arrive right before the cruise. I wonder will the tags print out in color or black and white? Just curious...

2thesea, I agree with you. There's something about seeing that little letter arrive right before the cruise. I wonder will the tags print out in color or black and white? Just curious...

For our last Monarch cruise we booked a week before we cruised. Had to use the baggage tag from the edocs. They printed in color. Someone previously stated that you can print in B&W.

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand, effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012, we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above). For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest. At this time, while we will still allow a bag tag mailing address to be entered within the CruiseMatch booking engine, please be aware that after August 8, 2012 no mailers will be sent to any addresses that are provided here for Royal Caribbean International bookings. At this time, these changes do not impact guests/bookings on either the Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises brands.

Meh. No biggie.

I think I still have some of those pillow chocolates stuck in a drawer somewhere from a cruise about 5 years ago, want to trade?:eek:;):D

After you have woken up a couple times with them stuck to your back after a ruff night out.....you are kind of glad they don't have them anymore..... somehow though...they are still always on my Oasis sailings.....UUUrrrgggg....at least they seem to seal well....them may melt but haven't had one open up on me yet.

I'm not sure who is not keeping things in perspective, those that are annoyed about losing the tags or those that whine about those that are annoyed about losing the tags.

I think the person who post that he's annoyed about someone being annoyed. Really luggage tags??

Hey Glenn -- how much for my last "real" ticket booklet (remember those)??? ;):p

(BTW -- miss you guys over in the Floataway Lounge, but I've been pretty busy with cruise planning, and ..... well, is there anything in the world more important than cruise planning? Please say hi to "Nauti" and the gang, for me -- I'll turn up over there again, eventually! )

I will say hi for you! :)

After your "cruise planning" drop in to the lounge -we're all still there. :p

RE: the booklet. I actually have a couple of them, but would consider a trade for an RCI mouse.

Waiting to see what other bids I get.

My offer is still out there.

I have LOTS of Canadian Tire money to use up. :D

If we expelled as much energy building a better world than stupid luggage tags the world would be better off. Let's keep things in perspective people.

And if this were a World Peace forum, I would agree with you. But it's a cruise forum, and this is a topic that hasn't been beaten to death yet (see, e.g chair hogs, booze smuggling and irons). People are entitled to be upset, but I doubt that it consumes anybody to the point where it wrecks family suppertime.

That's my perspective, anyway....

It not my sailing:(....but yes...I was able to order tags for someone going on an Oasis Sept 23rd sailing yesterday.

Ah ok. Ya I called rccl today and they said because my ticket hasn't been issued I can't get the tags my for sailing on the 24th. Which makes no sense since I already have my edocs and set sail pass done. But whatever I printed 6 of the paper ones out and folded them all up. Good to go.

After you have woken up a couple times with them stuck to your back after a ruff night out.....you are kind of glad they don't have them anymore..... somehow though...they are still always on my Oasis sailings.....UUUrrrgggg....at least they seem to seal well....them may melt but haven't had one open up on me yet.

Lmao. On oasis my parents were sailing and my mom woke up and thought she sh*t all over the bed because two chocolates had melted.

You would be surprised...Just saw one at the Disney exhibit at the Reagan Library.

I don't have Disneyland but I do have sets of the original Disney world coupon books with included the e ticket. My mom went when it opened and saved all that stuff. I have a bunch of used coupons and 2 full ticket books never used at all.

If we expelled as much energy building a better world than stupid luggage tags the world would be better off. Let's keep things in perspective people.

I tend to agree with you, but people need to vent. ;) It will all work out. It will become the 'norm' eventually, like it is with Princess, HAL, Carnival, MSC, etc. I deal with this every day, so I'm used to the other cruise line's policies.

I called RCI about luggage tags today. The docs were available, but no luggage tags link. The poor agent had been yelled at all day over luggage tags. There was no way I was going to yell at her, too.

I know most people say it is no biggie and yes I can see their point , however it is an inconvenience for those that do not have printers , it means a trip to the library and a small charge to print off the needed tags , then you need to add a roll of sticky tape or a stapler to you flight hand luggage , you are advised to attach the luggage tags after your flight , so you need the tape or stapler for when you collect your bags at the arrival airport , Royal take your bags from you at the arrival airport , so you don't see them again for the porters at the port to give you tags , I have never seen any of the airport porters issue luggage tags , they just grab your bags and load them on cages .

So for me I would rather pay whatever it costs royal to send out the luggage tags , it wouldn't cost much at all and would not be noticed in the cruise payment .for those of you with printers , an easy job to print them , if you have a flight do you attach them before flight or do you go equipped to attach them after you pick your bags up after the flight ?

And if this were a World Peace forum, I would agree with you. But it's a cruise forum, and this is a topic that hasn't been beaten to death yet (see, e.g chair hogs, booze smuggling and irons). People are entitled to be upset, but I doubt that it consumes anybody to the point where it wrecks family suppertime.

That's my perspective, anyway....

And I would say that you have put things into perspective pretty well.:)

I know most people say it is no biggie and yes I can see their point , however it is an inconvenience for those that do not have printers , it means a trip to the library and a small charge to print off the needed tags , then you need to add a roll of sticky tape or a stapler to you flight hand luggage , you are advised to attach the luggage tags after your flight , so you need the tape or stapler for when you collect your bags at the arrival airport , Royal take your bags from you at the arrival airport , so you don't see them again for the porters at the port to give you tags , I have never seen any of the airport porters issue luggage tags , they just grab your bags and load them on cages .

So for me I would rather pay whatever it costs royal to send out the luggage tags , it wouldn't cost much at all and would not be noticed in the cruise payment .for those of you with printers , an easy job to print them , if you have a flight do you attach them before flight or do you go equipped to attach them after you pick your bags up after the flight ?

You may not see the luggage tags at the cruise port (I think you meant that rather than airport) but they are there. Just ask and you shall receive.

Gina

Cover paper tag both sides with the clear package tape and then add an extra piece on both sides at one end and use your hole punch to put a hole in that end. All done at home.

At the port just use a zip tie to attach the tag through the hole to the luggage handle. What's so hard?:)

Really?? Seems like you got yourself all worked up. :eek: Relax.

No, I'm just amazed at how worked up you and others seem to be about this. It's a LUGGAGE TAG for heaven's sake. A minor detail. But if you would rather focus on the "chaos" of getting a tag from the porters instead of the fact that you are GOING ON A VACATION, feel free. :rolleyes:

Just an idea......at the port....why don't they add bag ticket printers with scanner stations.....kind of like how many airlines do it. You could have a station where you just scan your sea-pass...put in how many checked bags....print tags out for you....and then put them on your bags. This would have to be a much less costly option still than ordering and sending out tags like they have....eliminate much confusion/mistakes at the port...and give professional printed legible tags. I have to tell you....I have got tags at the port on several occasions....they aren't always the most legible.....and with ships like Oasis/Allure and now half the ship or more showing up with no tags....I have to assume that it will be even more of a rush job for the porters. Yes...I have had to hunt down bags on occasion because they couldn't read the tag the porter wrote and it got delivered to the wrong area.

Archived