Captain Edward Perrin

landnsea

He was on the Star in July for our sailing to Alaska. Delightful captain, we had the chance to meet him at the Most Traveled Lunch.

Fantastic, so good to hear he is back in command where he belongs, Capt. Perrin is by far, our... best Captain in the fleet.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

We are hoping he will be our Captain on the Star's 2013 cruise to the South Pacific.

I second that thought. He was the Captain on our Star Princess cruise from Rio to SF earlier this year and we thought he was great. This was a first for us as we rarely notice a ship's Captain.

I second that thought. He was the Captain on our Star Princess cruise from Rio to SF earlier this year and we thought he was great. This was a first for us as we rarely notice a ship's Captain.

I also rarely notice the ship's captain, but Captain Perrin was the captain on our South America/Antarctica cruise in 2010 and he was great. In fact of the 11 cruises we've taken I don't remember the names of any other captains.

Captain Perrin was Captain of the Grand Princess when we did the crossing from London to New York in September 2007; he navigated us through the Prins Christian Sund of Greenland and got us through an unbelievably harsh North Atlantic Storm. I to seldom remember who our Captains are but I do remember him.

Hope he's on the Star next March. He was wonderful on our Valparaiso - Rio cruise last February. We hit some really heavy seas for a couple of days but always shared the latest info with us, with a sense of humor of course!

Fantastic, so good to hear he is back in command where he belongs, Capt. Perrin is by far, our... best Captain in the fleet.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

Go Bears!

Yes, great that Captain Perrin is back in command. He is wonderful.

There is some justice, thank goodness.

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

I had the pleasure of sailing with Captain Perrin from Sydney to LA in '09 and look forward to sailing with him on another cruise. He made the correct if unpopular decision for some to keep us at the pier overnight in Port Chalmers due to strong, gusty winds which meant missing Christchurch the next day. One passenger very vocally voiced her anger to him about missing Christchurch & he calmly informed her that if he had sailed not only would we have missed Christchusch but every other port due to damaging the ship which was classic Ed Perrin to me. :D

Captain Perrin is my favorite captain too. He was captain of the Star Princess cruise I took to South America and Antarctica. We had to leave Antarctica a day early because of a storm coming up from the south and he kept us fully informed of what was going on. I really appreciated his announcements. I wish some other captains were willing to give their passengers information like he was.

• 3 years later...

He is captain of the Regal Princess.

My DH and I plan to be on the October 27th repositioning cruise of the Regal from NYC to Ft.Lauderdale, including stops at several Caribbean islands.

Apparently, Captain Perrin has a very good reputation.

We are looking forward to this cruise.

I've sailed with him several times, the last on the Regal May 2016 in the Baltic. He is one of my favorites, very friendly. I was lucky enough to be # 3 on my cruise and had a very nice MT lunch with him.

We have him next week on the Regal! I believe he was our captain 2 yrs ago in the Med also on the Regal.

He'll be on the Regal in October, for our Halloween repo cruise. I've heard so many nice things about him, and I'm eager to meet him

Maureen