2A Balcony or Suite Guarantee?

pepsi216

Hi Everyone,

We've booked a category 2A balcony (7163) on our upcoming Constellation cruise, but I saw this morning that the price of a guaranteed suite just plummeted and is now actually less than the going price for the 2A. I know that with the guarantee I don't get to choose the cabin, but it's awfully tempting. From what I can tell it looks like there are six S1 sky suites available, five S2 sky suites available, and four royal suites available (if only I could be so lucky!). Do you think I should take the bird in the hand (balcony), or call my TA and ask if I can switch to the guaranteed suite?

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi Everyone,

We've booked a category 2A balcony (7163) on our upcoming Constellation cruise, but I saw this morning that the price of a guaranteed suite just plummeted and is now actually less than the going price for the 2A. I know that with the guarantee I don't get to choose the cabin, but it's awfully tempting. From what I can tell it looks like there are six S1 sky suites available, five S2 sky suites available, and four royal suites available (if only I could be so lucky!). Do you think I should take the bird in the hand (balcony), or call my TA and ask if I can switch to the guaranteed suite?

Thanks!

Kelly

Go for it

Are there any suites you'd hate to be assigned? If not, easy decision to ask to switch. If so, tougher call.

I am not terribly picky and I have been happy enough with my gty assignments. So, I'd roll the dice with a gty. OTOH, if you are picky about cabin location and such, the bird in hand may be best for you.

I would go for it. I am sure that there are exrtra benefits included besides a larger cabin. Check the deck plans and see if any of the suites are in a bad location. I don't think there are, the worst issue may be the extra tips involved and maybe having to put up with a butler. :eek: :D

If you have a 123 promotion you may have to forfeit it as it doesn't apply to certain fare rates and I think guaranteed cabins. You may need to clarify that.

Go for it. On my last cruise, some of the Suite GTY's were given Royal Suites that had not been filled.

Besides, you'll love having the Butler bringing you a double espresso in the morning when you wake up, among other things.

Are you saying the price of the suite is less than the current price of the 2A or the price you paid for the 2A. If it's after final payment, you may not have the option, and if you do, it will be based on the price you paid, not the current price of the 2A.

Thanks everyone, we booked it! I didn't realize all the additional amenities we get, holy cow! We've never had a butler, and my Fiance was sold at "double espresso in the morning" :D. I imagine we'll be so spoiled when we get back, it'll be hard to return to something smaller on our next cruise. I can't wait!

Our TA said we should know in the next day or so what cabin we have. All of the suites were in great spots so I'm not concerned at all as to which we get. That'll be part of the excitement!

Thanks everyone, we booked it! I didn't realize all the additional amenities we get, holy cow! We've never had a butler, and my Fiance was sold at "double espresso in the morning" :D. I imagine we'll be so spoiled when we get back, it'll be hard to return to something smaller on our next cruise. I can't wait!

Our TA said we should know in the next day or so what cabin we have. All of the suites were in great spots so I'm not concerned at all as to which we get. That'll be part of the excitement!

Congratulations! Good decision.

In addition to all the other suite benefits and the larger cabin and bathroom and balcony, you also get the option of eating in Blu for breakfast and dinner.

Oh, also the extra cruise point will be nice, unless you are already Elite.

But even so, it will count towards the next tier that is supposed to be coming along one of these days.

Someday we'll be Elite! This is actually my first Celebrity cruise and my fiance's first cruise ever. We'll be on our honeymoon, so we're doubly excited to have a suite to celebrate!

How does having a butler work? Can I unpack my own clothes? Do I tip him when he brings me something like I would have done when ordering room service, or do I tip at the end of the cruise? Do the pre-paid gratuities cover the butler (and I can add extra at the end), or is the butler separate? Is laundry service included or is that extra?

Sorry for the zillion questions, I just want to make sure I do things right! :D

Am glad you got the upgrade. is this your June cruise? Do not be shocked or upset if you do not get your assignment as fast as predicted by your TA. the cruiselines sometimes make the gty bookings wait for assignments, giving the cruiseline the most flexibility. My best gty assignments have been assignned in the final week or two before sailing...so I am happy to wait with the attitude that another day waiting is another day to hope for a nice upgrade.

Am glad you got the upgrade. is this your June cruise? Do not be shocked or upset if you do not get your assignment as fast as predicted by your TA. the cruiselines sometimes make the gty bookings wait for assignments, giving the cruiseline the most flexibility. My best gty assignments have been assignned in the final week or two before sailing...so I am happy to wait with the attitude that another day waiting is another day to hope for a nice upgrade.

You're right, this is for our June cruise. If the best GTY cabins are assigned at the end, I hope Celebrity waits awhile to give us our assignment! We're just excited to have a suite though, anything they give us will be great!

I thought you lose 123GO perks with a GTY booking?

We got to keep the 123GO bonuses; I specifically asked our TA about this since I probably wouldn't have swapped if we lost the drink package we have (the TA provides the gratuities as well). With six days at sea, we'll be making good use of the free drinks!

You're right, this is for our June cruise. If the best GTY cabins are assigned at the end, I hope Celebrity waits awhile to give us our assignment! We're just excited to have a suite though, anything they give us will be great!

We got to keep the 123GO bonuses; I specifically asked our TA about this since I probably wouldn't have swapped if we lost the drink package we have (the TA provides the gratuities as well). With six days at sea, we'll be making good use of the free drinks!

No promises that the best gty cabins will be assigned late in the process; that is just my experience. Believing that does help my attitude as I wait for a gty assignment. Still, the best attitude is the one you already have...any suite will be great. Please come back to the thread and tell us where you end up.

Nice that you got to keep your 123 and gratuities.

Congratulations and have a wonderful time.

We received our cabin assignment last night! We're in Sky Suite 6117 on the Penthouse deck. It's close to the center of the center of the ship which is great, though I found in my searching on here that people say the balcony overlooks the lifeboats and the equipment. Is this a big deal? It might be nice to have an unobstructed view straight down to the water, or maybe the lifeboats are kind of neat to look at. I'm wondering if I should ask to swap (I didn't realize this was possible until our TA mentioned it), or if I should stay where I'm at, any advice? Looks like there are only three other S2's: two accessible suites (9123 & 8125) and one a smidge farther aft from ours that also overlooks some kind of an obstruction (I think; #6123). Do they open the accessible suites to the general populace at some point, or do these have their drawbacks as well? Or is 6117 the greatest suite ever and I lucked out? :)

Kelly

We received our cabin assignment last night! We're in Sky Suite 6117 on the Penthouse deck. It's close to the center of the center of the ship which is great, though I found in my searching on here that people say the balcony overlooks the lifeboats and the equipment. Is this a big deal? It might be nice to have an unobstructed view straight down to the water, or maybe the lifeboats are kind of neat to look at. I'm wondering if I should ask to swap (I didn't realize this was possible until our TA mentioned it), or if I should stay where I'm at, any advice? Looks like there are only three other S2's: two accessible suites (9123 & 8125) and one a smidge farther aft from ours that also overlooks some kind of an obstruction (I think; #6123). Do they open the accessible suites to the general populace at some point, or do these have their drawbacks as well? Or is 6117 the greatest suite ever and I lucked out? :)

Kelly

The only accessible one open now is 9123. I would just stay with 6117. It's very convenient to the mid-ship elevators and very close to the aft elevators. Those are the onew we usually take to get back to the sunset bar.

Congratulations on your Suite GTY. You'll enjoy your cruise.

A suite for your honeymoon? How wonderful!

Congratulations!!

Your question does make me wonder, can anyone decribe the interior differences between a regular Sky Suite and an Acessible Sky Suite? Is it the same square footage? Is the furniture different?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Kelly

I agree that you should do it. We had a suite guarantee on the Summit and they gave us a handicapped Sky Suite. It was large- but it didn't have a walk-in closet or a fancy bathroom as it is designed for wheelchair access.

We had a great butler and many perks not available in a regular cabin. Also a great location, near the elevator, but you heard no noise. Enjoy

Archived