Value of Elite-one specific cruise

vandalayceo

We have been Elite for about our last 5 or 6 cruises, and certainly appreciate the perks, but have never specifically considered what it is worth to us. On a recent Daimond SE Asia 21 day cruise kept tabs on what we used and the value to us (both monetary and otherwise) just for interest.

Note- while we booked cruise as a 21 day, it was composed of a BTB of 11 days and 10 days, which resulted in getting certain perks, like the mini bar and Grapevine wine tasting twice.

A.-Items with a monetary value that we used-

2 mini Bar set ups (16 mini alcohols, 4 beers, 12 sodas, 4 perrier)=

$300.80

500 minutes of Internet-

$358.00

1 time Dry Cleaning/Laundry-moderate load

$47.00

10% Boutiques Discount (on duty free alcohol)

$5.45

A total $711.25

B.-Items with monetary value not used-

4 Complimentary Grapevines wine tastings

$39.80

C.-Items no monetary value-used

Priority Tender Embarkations, very much appreciated this trip as there were many tenders and always very crowded in am when we wanted to go to maximize shore time.

D.-Items with no(or little) monetary value-not used

Formal night canapes

Elite nightly special snacks/discounted drink lounge

Afternoon tea in room.

All in all I think we got great value for being Elite.

Wow...only 1 laundry/dry cleaning load in 21 days...on our 12 day med cruise last summer I think sent things out at least five days...but it was very hot so clothes needed laundering every time you wore them...

We just did a cruise on HAL where I have no perks, and did I ever miss the internet and laundry!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We have been Elite for many years. Wish I had added up all the monetary value we have recieved. And all the OBCs with FCC, Military, Stockholder, Credit card points and Travel agent gifts as well as the Elite OBC. It would be in the thousands. THANK YOU PRINCESS. The benits Princess gives us keeps us coming back even tho we are also top level on several other lines.

We have been Elite for many years. Wish I had added up all the monetary value we have recieved. And all the OBCs with FCC, Military, Stockholder, Credit card points and Travel agent gifts as well as the Elite OBC. It would be in the thousands. THANK YOU PRINCESS. The benits Princess gives us keeps us coming back even tho we are also top level on several other lines.

I had thought you could not receive both military and stockholder credit on the same cruise. You also mention elite OBC. I had not heard of that. I know elites get benefits for shopping. I did not know you received OBC simply for being elite.

I had thought you could not receive both military and stockholder credit on the same cruise. You also mention elite OBC. I had not heard of that. I know elites get benefits for shopping. I did not know you received OBC simply for being elite.

Yes you can get military and stockholder credit at the same time.

Those individuals with 21 plus cruises get additional OBC on each cruise (starting at $25 up to $100).

We have just done a 22 day cruise on HAL where we are 3 star Mariners so we are not entitled to very many perks. We spent $199 for the laundry package and $150 for the internet package so that would have been a saving of $349 if we had been on Princess as we are Elite.

We also missed so much about being Princess. As we had done a 16 day cruise on the Ocean Princess to Norway in June, we were able to compare the two cruise lines and Princess certainly won hands down with their food, entertainment, size of cabins and even the shops plus the poor waiters were run ragged in the dining room as they had far too many tables to serve. We do love the Indonesian and Philippino crew though, they haven't changed with their wonderful smiles and service.

We were very disappointed with HAL, they have really dropped their standards since we last cruised with them back in 2009. We won't be returning in a hurry and of course even when we get to 4 star Mariner (only 12 days to go), we wouldn't get free internet. Princess has definitely the best programme for rewarding their loyal cruisers.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

We have just done a 22 day cruise on HAL where we are 3 star Mariners so we are not entitled to very many perks. We spent $199 for the laundry package and $150 for the internet package so that would have been a saving of $349 if we had been on Princess as we are Elite.

We also missed so much about being Princess. As we had done a 16 day cruise on the Ocean Princess to Norway in June, we were able to compare the two cruise lines and Princess certainly won hands down with their food, entertainment, size of cabins and even the shops plus the poor waiters were run ragged in the dining room as they had far too many tables to serve. We do love the Indonesian and Philippino crew though, they haven't changed with their wonderful smiles and service.

We were very disappointed with HAL, they have really dropped their standards since we last cruised with them back in 2009. We won't be returning in a hurry and of course even when we get to 4 star Mariner (only 12 days to go), we wouldn't get free internet. Princess has definitely the best programme for rewarding their loyal cruisers.

Jennie

Good points. Three Cheers for Princess, hip, hip....

We just did a cruise on HAL where I have no perks, and did I ever miss the internet and laundry!!

My friend and I have been wanting to try other cruiselines just out of curiosity, so we booked a Celebrity and NCL in the next year or so. But we also realized how much more we'll have to spend since we'll have no perks. On Princess we now get Internet and after next year, when we become Elite, we'll also get laundry. We're getting spoiled. :D

Just came back from a 7n Mexico cruise on the gorgeous Sapphire Princess. We sailed in a Suite so double bar set up for Elite. Also did laundry every single day, probably close to $75 each time... We came home with clean and pressed clothes. :)

Perhaps one day Princess will restrict Elite members of Captains Circle to say one bag of laundry every 3 days, I would be happy with that. Some of these cruises that have many Elite members, the laundry must be flat chat with freebie laundry, which must lengthen the turn around time, I read on one of these boards that it was taking a week for turn around laundry due to so many Elites on board., many of whom were flogging the free laundry to death.

What say ye? Standby for incoming.

Edited by NSWP

Perhaps one day Princess will restrict Elite members of Captains Circle to say one bag of laundry every 3 days, I would be happy with that.

We wouldn't be happy with that, as sometimes it is just 2 days to fill one of those little bags. And that saves on extra luggage costs from the airlines.

Perhaps one day Princess will restrict Elite members of Captains Circle to say one bag of laundry every 3 days, I would be happy with that. Some of these cruises that have many Elite members, the laundry must be flat chat with freebie laundry, which must lengthen the turn around time, I read on one of these boards that it was taking a week for turn around laundry due to so many Elites on board., many of whom were flogging the free laundry to death.

On HAL's Noordam a month ago, as I mentioned we took the laundry package. and often our laundry often was returned the same day so all we could surmise was that there either weren't many 4 star Mariners on board or not many cruisers had taken out the laundry package.

We would be happy if Princess decided to cut down on the free laundry and we could only put it out every third day. That way, we all wouldn't be taking too much for granted as I do think Princess is very fair with all their perks for Elites.

Jennie

We wouldn't be happy with that, as sometimes it is just 2 days to fill one of those little bags. And that saves on extra luggage costs from the airlines.

Appreciate your comment, but try flying from Australia to Europe to catch a Princess ship for a month long cruise with 20 kg luggage limit !! We are away 3 months next year on Golden Princess and Arcadia, sure, we can take 30 kg to the Americas, but only 20 kg back from Europe !!!

What I am trying to say is..someone doing daily bags of Elite Laundry will stuff it up for others.

What I am trying to say is..someone doing daily bags of Elite Laundry will stuff it up for others.

I'm elite. I try to have my clothes laundered during the cruise,so I don't go home with dirty laundry. Especially when I am alone, so I don't greet Mrs. Pablo with a suitcase full of laundry. There are some things I won't send out -- like Tommy Bahama silk shirts. But, I'm thinking of trying on in the 'Dry Cleaning' process next cruise.

These are all my things; princess invites me to use the service, and doesn't impose a limit.

So, what's the problem?

Wow! THat really puts Princess Elite perks into perspective!

On a recent 26 day cruise (booked as one cruise but treated as a B2B), and reaped the value of all those benefits listed and a bit more, because I sent laundry 3 times, and have to add shareholder OBC of $250 and the Elite "bonus" OBC to the total value!!

Thanks Princess and CCL for rewarding my loyalty so generously. It's no wonder I have never cruised with anyone but Princess, but the real reason I keep coming back to Princess is that I love the Princess product and the way I am treated every time I step onboard another cruise.

Appreciate your comment, but try flying from Australia to Europe to catch a Princess ship for a month long cruise with 20 kg luggage limit !! We are away 3 months next year on Golden Princess and Arcadia, sure, we can take 30 kg to the Americas, but only 20 kg back from Europe !!!

I'm with you on that one. We also pack light (20 kg) and fill a laundry bag on board every 3rd day.

I try to have my clothes laundered during the cruise,so I don't go home with dirty laundry.

I read some of the other -- perhaps unreasonable -- posts.

I send my stuff out about every three days --- when the underwear

situation looks risky.

My laundry bill was around $40 (total) on a recent 11 day cruise.

if they cut down on the laundry perk we can thank the people that do a 7 day cruise and send out laundry every day

if they cut down on the laundry perk we can thank the people that do a 7 day cruise and send out laundry every day

And those who get laundry done for those not qualified for this perk as a result of loyalty to Princess or are in a full suite.

Sadly like the liberal wine policy & what I've read was at one time some getting unlimited internet access, overuse has resulted in limits. These things were not specifically prohibited however excessive use was not what Princess intended & probably is the primary reason for the limits. Overuse of any benefit will eventually result in limits so even those of us who reasonably use benefits will also have benefits reduced as a result of overuse use by some. It's happened before & sadly it may happen again. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm elite. I try to have my clothes laundered during the cruise,so I don't go home with dirty laundry. Especially when I am alone, so I don't greet Mrs. Pablo with a suitcase full of laundry. There are some things I won't send out -- like Tommy Bahama silk shirts. But, I'm thinking of trying on in the 'Dry Cleaning' process next cruise.

These are all my things; princess invites me to use the service, and doesn't impose a limit.

So, what's the problem?

I can't even imagine asking my other half to do my laundry upon my return from a cruise where he had to say behind.:eek::eek:

Edited by critterchick