Dh???

newyorkray

the first "d" in DH, DD, DS, etc. I generally consider as "dear" or "darling" - but in some cases "darn" (or other equivelents) may be substituted! Depends upon the "H"

Edited by Onessa

The first time I saw DH on CC and figured out what it meant, I asked my husband how he'd feel being called a DH. His reponse -- "why would you call me a "Designated Hitter"? Then he commented that he didn't think it really took that long to type "husband" or "wife". I think I agree with him.

I'm sorry, I've been posting and reading on these boards for over 10 years and don't know what the DH is short for. From what I interpret is it Duh Husband???

Hello Folks

Here in Australia DH stands for something quite different :p

You would not be amused :eek:

Best Regards

John

I"m pretty sure that when I was a CC newbie I found an official answer to this question -- but now I can't find the link! [Must be an internet version of Old Timers, LOL]

But a Google search shows that DH is a universal "chat speak" abbrev for Dear Husband or Darling Husband. Likewise DW [wife], DS [son], DD [daughter].

My recollection is that SIL and DIL don't get the extra D for "dear" [does that say something???] And let's not go there about MIL... ;)

Edit: Just realized that SIL is ambiguous (son-in-law or sister-in-law). Somebody please clarify this one for me!!!

Edited by jazzbeau