Cabin Reassigned

Lisah101

I can sympathize with you. I wanted to cancel a cruise. Nice person that I am, I called and pressed the number for "have a question." Sat on hold for 20 minutes and had to give it up. The next day, same thing. 30 minutes, had to give it up. So the next time I pressed the "I want to book a cruise" number. Thought maybe if they had potential business waiting, they may be a little more responsive. Silly me. 35 minutes later finally got someone on the phone. I even debated on not cancelling the cruise and just letting final payment lapse and been automatically cancelled.

I let them know that as a potential customer, I would have taken that 35 minutes and seen if Princess/HAL/NCL/Carnival had a similar itinerary for around the same price and been outta there. She admitted that there was a long wait due to "wave season" and the demand. It is not like "wave season" is anything new. You hire enough (or reassign enough) people to take care of phone calls. I told her I wasn't blaming her, but that some suit needed to realize just what a major problem they had and the potential consequences of it.

Tucker in Texas

I would not hesitate to go up the ladder on this one. I had a serious accommodation problem on a RCL sailing, after getting home I contacted the CEO's office about it. After some time it was resolved and I was fairly compensated. I just wish I knew before we arrived of the problem like you. Keep trying, I hope you get what you paid for.

On a side note, I would be curious who had my originally booked cabin. Not that this is in any way their fault, but maybe see when they were booked and if it does happen to be a group that all wanted to be together? Maybe check and see if there is a roll call group for your cruise, and if cabin numbers are listed or any talk??Maybe this is just me, but it would drive me crazy wondering why they did this, and then to blame me! that would not go over well with me at all!

I would not hesitate to go up the ladder on this one. I had a serious accommodation problem on a RCL sailing, after getting home I contacted the CEO's office about it. After some time it was resolved and I was fairly compensated. I just wish I knew before we arrived of the problem like you. Keep trying, I hope you get what you paid for.

On a side note, I would be curious who had my originally booked cabin. Not that this is in any way their fault, but maybe see when they were booked and if it does happen to be a group that all wanted to be together? Maybe check and see if there is a roll call group for your cruise, and if cabin numbers are listed or any talk??Maybe this is just me, but it would drive me crazy wondering why they did this, and then to blame me! that would not go over well with me at all!

It's the whole "blaming the customer" for the change that bothers me. That's horrendous customer service when they do that.

What a shame that you were treated as you were, lisah101!

Please do follow the advice of other posters as to how to continue to "fight the good fight"!

Two more suggestions from me.

#1 Use synonyms and google "oceanlooker" or "oceanwatcher". The site will have two "s" words together. Find your cruise on that site and then subscribe to its notification service that provides updates on cabin availability and price changes sent to your email at least daily.

Sorry to be dense 9and normally I am good with word puzzles....

while I understand the restrictions around overtly publishing the names of TA's, can someone give me more clues around the synonyms that might have two "s" words ... maybe even a clue to the first word? This will be my game for the day (to see how much mental capacity an old gal still has...) ;)

Edited by Morgsmom

Sorry to be dense 9and normally I am good with word puzzles....

while I understand the restrictions around overtly publishing the names of TA's, can someone give me more clues around the synonyms that might have two "s" words ... maybe even a clue to the first word? This will be my game for the day (to see how much mental capacity an old gal still has...) ;)

I'm thinking sea is the first word and scanner is the second, but not sure why he couldn't put that and have it fly under the radar.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Sounds like now even Celebrity Customer Support is blaming their lame website for mistakes. That is believable.

:rolleyes:

Tom

Agreed! I have never seen that as an option. If you can't choose to change you cabin you shouldn't be able to accidentally do it without knowing during the e docs process. If you can do that accidentally it is a terrible system and should be changed and should not at all be the customers fault. I am very disappointed that Celebrity seems to keep using this as their defense (I have seen on here more than one person say this is what Celebrity said).

Has anyone ever seen an option to change your stateroom while either doing online check in or printing your e docs?

Indeed, I had an issue with the Azamara website (which is the same engine as Celebrity) and on discussing it with the staff in the UK office I was advised I must have clicked a button to cause the problem.

I was able to assure the gentleman I had been nowhere near the section of the booking engine in question. Later that day it was confirmed the issues was nothing to do with me but due to some other issue relating to problems they were having with the site.

So I think the standard answer at present is "you did it" even when I suspect in 999 times out of 1000 it will be nothing to do with the customer, not good

I'm thinking sea is the first word and scanner is the second, but not sure why he couldn't put that and have it fly under the radar.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

When using this site, be sure to search for both 2 passengers and 3/4. If searching for 2 it usually only shows which 2 passenger cabins are available. For an upcoming cruise I increased it to three and many more cabins appearing including one that I preferred.

Getting back to the OP however, wonder if they have had any success?

Edited by RickT

Getting back to the subject at hand, and before we get this thread locked, hopefully Lisa will have success tomorrow in getting the cabin she originally booked back.

I think that ship has sailed (pun intended :p). At this point someone else has the cabin and I can't see Celebrity making nice with Lisa just to pi$$ off whoever has the cabin now so her best option is to try and get Celebrity to assign her a suitable replacement.

Without knowing Lisa and exactly what happened, is it possible that she caused the problem? Possibly. It is likely Celebrity's website (or staff) caused the problem? Most likely.

Ultimately I wish her the best of luck in getting a satisfactory solution. I'm stilling having trouble understanding her inability to get through to Celebrity however. Oh well.

I think that ship has sailed (pun intended :p). At this point someone else has the cabin and I can't see Celebrity making nice with Lisa just to pi$$ off whoever has the cabin now so her best option is to try and get Celebrity to assign her a suitable replacement.

Without knowing Lisa and exactly what happened, is it possible that she caused the problem? Possibly. It is likely Celebrity's website (or staff) caused the problem? Most likely.

Ultimately I wish her the best of luck in getting a satisfactory solution. I'm stilling having trouble understanding her inability to get through to Celebrity however. Oh well.

I disagree. Celebrity CAN reinstate Lisa in her original cabin if they want to make it right rather than make excuses. The choice they need to make is which customer do they want to make unhappy? The one who booked it months ago or the one that swooped in and took it because of their error.

And, yes, it is their error. I had it verified today by calling them and asking how I could change a cabin. You'd need to either call them in order for it to be done OR cancel and then re-book online. You cannot accidentally change it by doing anything with your e-docs. The system does not work in that manner. Nancy was quite helpful. :)

I know Celebrity reads these boards, now they need to do something here.

I disagree. Celebrity CAN reinstate Lisa in her original cabin if they want to make it right rather than make excuses. The choice they need to make is which customer do they want to make unhappy? The one who booked it months ago or the one that swooped in and took it because of their error.

And, yes, it is their error. I had it verified today by calling them and asking how I could change a cabin. You'd need to either call them in order for it to be done OR cancel and then re-book online. You cannot accidentally change it by doing anything with your e-docs. The system does not work in that manner. Nancy was quite helpful. :)

I know Celebrity reads these boards, now they need to do something here.

It's good to read how you care about Lisa's misadventure and I fully agree with you; your arguments are very convincing. Celebrity should realize that most of the CC readers are behind Lisa and expecting that an acceptable solution will be proposed to her, including complete apologies for blaming her and compensation for the trouble and stress caused to her by their fault.

It's good to read how you care about Lisa's misadventure and I fully agree with you; your arguments are very convincing. Celebrity should realize that most of the CC readers are behind Lisa and expecting that an acceptable solution will be proposed to her, including complete apologies for blaming her and compensation for the trouble and stress caused to her by their fault.

I just dislike when customer service assumes we're stupid and can make any excuse for their mistakes. Lisa should not have to lose her cabin. It's that simple. Celebrity can put her back in it if they desired to do so.

When using this site, be sure to search for both 2 passengers and 3/4. If searching for 2 it usually only shows which 2 passenger cabins are available. For an upcoming cruise I increased it to three and many more cabins appearing including one that I preferred.

Getting back to the OP however, wonder if they have had any success?

I never put any number of guests in--I just find the cruise, and check "availability".

Thank you for all the kind words and support. They said our cabin was changed on a Jan xx (can't remember exact date), but that was the same date we printed our e-docs. I do remember we switched our bed from 2 singles to a Queen set up.

If they say I did it, I can't argue the point, but it the long wait, then the very aggressive upsell offer that got me so upset. At first, everyone was so nice and willing to try to switch rooms, but they couldn't do that without a supervisor. The moment the sup got involved (3 hours after initial call), it felt like talking to a salesman - very aggressive upsell and wouldn't even discuss any other option. He pushed the point I was very upset.

I will try again Monday, hopefully phones will be more stable and no long hold times.

LIke someone said, at least we have a room, but its in a location we would have NEVER chosen - the very very front of the ship.

I am sorry for your situation--they should really help you out, but i think the change of bed configuration is what may have done you in..although I cannot see why this would have any effect since they just move the beds differently--but maybe it triggers soething in the computers--who know?

. we never make any changes without calling first to make sure it will not cost us the room we have carefully selected..

Just cannot get why Celeb is so bad at everything involving a computer yet the cruise on bd us a great experience...

Keep trying and good luck!

Wonder why the OP hasn't come back?

I've called Celebrity 3 times in the past week (once in regards to a booked cruise and twice to book another cruise) and 9 mins was the longest wait time I had. Hopefully she is not still on hold ;)