Cabin Reassigned

Lisah101

Again, very good advice.:)

As you will find out OP, if you are not happy with one Celebrity customer service person's response,

call back (in a day or so) and speak to another person. You may get an entirely different answer.

Just wondering if it may be worth upgrading to an OV so that you can take advantage of the free drink program.

Good luck.

I asked but the only upgrades available were to balcony according to the supervisor who called me.

I asked for anything at the aft of the ship which is where we wanted to be located. I guess there are no window cabins toward the aft section.

I guess my best option is to calm down for a day or two, then call back on Monday

Edited by Lisah101

I asked but the only upgrades available were to balcony according to the supervisor who called me.

I asked for anything at the aft of the ship which is where we wanted to be located. I guess there are no window cabins toward the aft section.

I guess my best option is to calm down for a day or two, then call back on Monday

Well, to be fair to you...it's their fault and you should be placed in any cabin near or above what you booked...imho.

Here is the email for the President of Celebrity.

contactmichael@celebrity.com

Email him direct and insist on some compensation and/or your cabin. Give all of the details. I know he will take action.

Great idea!! attach a copy of the set sail pass with the correct cabin number. Best proof you didn't change your room.

That's one reason I always book with a TA. One time RCCL wanted to change our hotel in San Juan to a not-as-nice one 20 miles away from the pier and she headed them off. I've never had a problem with Celebrity in my 12 cruises with them, but I would be very upset if this happened.

I think they are more likely to tell a TA what's happening first and not just do it without your knowledge.

I think this is an example of why not to use a TA. On the week end if you can reach your TA or after hours you are unable to speak with the cruise line, they will tell you to go through your TA. That is more frustrating then calling yourself and getting answers. I prefer to keep control of my booking and I like the ability to call the cruise and be spoken to.

I would keep holding for an answer and tell Celebrity you want your aft cabin back. If they can't accommodate you then ask what aft cabins are available and perhaps they will upgrade you if possible.

Did you mark your ressie "do not upgrade" although you say this was not an upgrade just a change in locations.

How can anyone "accidentally" change their cabin when printing their E Docs?

I would ask how that possible. I have never seen anything other than the ability to print the documents whenever I have printed mine.

.🌅🚢🍸🍻

I would ask how that possible. I have never seen anything other than the ability to print the documents whenever I have printed mine.

.🌅🚢🍸🍻

That is my question also!!!

.🌅🚢🍸🍻

Agreed! I have never seen that as an option. If you can't choose to change you cabin you shouldn't be able to accidentally do it without knowing during the e docs process. If you can do that accidentally it is a terrible system and should be changed and should not at all be the customers fault. I am very disappointed that Celebrity seems to keep using this as their defense (I have seen on here more than one person say this is what Celebrity said).

Has anyone ever seen an option to change your stateroom while either doing online check in or printing your e docs?

What a shame that you were treated as you were, lisah101!

Please do follow the advice of other posters as to how to continue to "fight the good fight"!

Two more suggestions from me.

#1 Use synonyms and google "oceanlooker" or "oceanwatcher". The site will have two "s" words together. Find your cruise on that site and then subscribe to its notification service that provides updates on cabin availability and price changes sent to your email at least daily.

There is a good chance that a cabin in the same category you booked will open up or that the pricing on a higher level cabin will come to within a few dollars of what you paid so you can "upgrade" for a minimal amount.

#2 Call Captain's Club. Even though you've not cruised Celebrity before you can join at the Preview Level via their website or probably via phone. Here is the Captain's Club #:1.800.760.0654 They're open til 8pm on weekends! They might be able to help.

Edited by TMLAalum

If the search function is working (or when it is) search for this topic. There was someone else within last 3 or 4 months that had exact same problem. And I specifically remember they were also blamed for changing the room themselves.

As some others have said in other threads, at least you are still on cruise..have a great time and don't let the change of location(assuming you don't get moved) impact your vacation enjoyment.

Have great cruise.

Agreed! I have never seen that as an option. If you can't choose to change you cabin you shouldn't be able to accidentally do it without knowing during the e docs process. If you can do coastal cruise. that accidentally it is a terrible system and should be changed and should not at all be the customers fault. I am very disappointed that Celebrity seems to keep using this as their defense (I have seen on here more than one person say this is what Celebrity said).

Has anyone ever seen an option to change your stateroom while either doing online check in or printing your e docs?

I just looked at my reservation for an April coastal cruise. we have done everything except print our edocs. The only place I see an edit opion is next to our choosen cabin on the main manage my reservation screen. I don't see anywhere I can change anything while printing.

I know I would be upset if this happened to me, and I hope that Celebrity does the right thing.

I am new to cruise critic but I am Elite with Celebrity and have experienced that some customer service staff seem to be less able to think out of the box to get things resolved. I agree with the other posters that it is worth trying again and being polite but persistant. All of the reps seem to mean well, and in the end I have always been able to resolve any issues.

Good luck and have a fabulous cruise!

they did say they think we did it ourselves online when we printed out our e-docs so it might be our fault. I just checked our e-docs and they have our old room number (the one we wanted) so now I'm really confused and not happy.

Hi Lisah,

Assuming someone actually said this to you, it must have been their first day on the job, as there's no way to change your cabin during an online check-in, or e-doc printout. If your cabin has changed (let's hope it hasn't) it had to be done by either your TA or internally by Celebrity.

If your cabin has changed, as others have stated... I'd stand firm, and ask for your original cabin back. If they refuse this request, I'd ask for OBC or an upgraded cabin.

Please keep us posted, and I hope you have the aft cabin you originally selected. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

.🌅🚢🍸🍻

You cannot. It's flat out IMPOSSIBLE to do. Your E Docs are "garbage in, garbage out". You can only put in the information that pertains to YOUR reservation number. Period. You can try to put something else in there, but it won't take and it certainly will NOT change your reservation.

Someone at Celebrity screwed up royally and now it's a matter of CYA. I would NOT give up on this. Keep going up the food chain until you get the results you want.

I would bet on a computer glitch where even though you paid on time, it wasn't entered correctly in the system so the computer automatically released the cabin. When your payment was posted correctly, the first cabin was already reassigned so they gave you the current cabin.

If so, it would appear to customer relations that someone must have changed the room at final payment time.

You know when and how you made the final payment....so see if this scenario might be right.

Edited by ghstudio

I think that one passenger reported that Celebrity told them that the pax changed the room when the pax went to see if there was a rate change and clicked on another room number. The overmind viewed this as a request to change rooms.

I would bet on a computer glitch where even though you paid on time, it wasn't entered correctly in the system so the computer automatically released the cabin. When your payment was posted correctly, the first cabin was already reassigned so they gave you the current cabin.

If so, it would appear to customer relations that someone must have changed the room at final payment time.

You know when and how you made the final payment....so see if this scenario might be right.

This scenario has me thinking that if it's what happened I should make a note to self to pay one week early so this doesn't happen.

I think that one passenger reported that Celebrity told them that the pax changed the room when the pax went to see if there was a rate change and clicked on another room number.

I think I will give this a try and click onto the Penthouse. :rolleyes: ;)

Whenever we make a payment, or any kind of a change, we receive the updated Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy that shows the stateroom number right on it.

So if the cabin somehow got released at the time of payment and a different cabin was assigned, it should have shown up on the confirmation that was generated at that time.

There appears to be something fishy going on here.

Whenever a thread like this shows up, I think it makes a lot of us go look at our accounts to check the stateroom numbers on our own reservations, as well as looking over our booking confirmations more carefully whenever we make any kind of payment or change.

I used to delete the old confirmations when I received a new one, but I just created a folder where I plan to save them all from now on as an audit trail, and will not delete them until the cruise is over.

To the OP, good luck in getting this resolved and thank you for the heads up alerting the rest of us to this potential problem as it is apparently something that could happen to any of us.

I fortunately looked at our documents prior to our March 2013 cruise.

My husband's Captain's Club status was down as Select, even though we have both cruised the same number of cruises and we had recently reached Elite status.

I rang Celebrity x3, before I spoke to an agent, who knew what to do.

I am glad that I pursued it, as it might have been difficult to prove how many cruises he had taken, when the new Captain's Club point system came out in Nov 2013!;)

Some of the agents I spoke to took the attitude, well he will benefit from the same perks as you, as you are sharing a cabin!:eek:

Edited by upwarduk

Fortunately, my TA is a relative, who will always go the extra distance for me. I think the TA has more clout than a lowly passenger, lol. If you call the cruiseline, do you have one agent who is assigned to you or do you get whoever is on phone duty? Do you ever have a relationship with a faceless agent? Give me Joni any day.

Sorry for what happened. It's not right but not the end of the world like some posters are implying. If they can get you back near your desired area, most inside cabins are very similar and won't alter the experience of the cruise. However, no one should wait over an hour to speak to a customer service rep, something is not right.

I always call with changes and final payments, and I ask for an updated booking confirmation when I call. I do almost everything else on-line, but there's just something about speaking to a human being and going over the details that a computer can't replace!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1949292

This is exactly what we were told when they switched cabins on us when I called to make our final payment. See thread. In the end we were assigned to a cabin on the deck below us, we were blamed for making the change, and celebrity gave no compensation. It took several hours trying to get this resolved, in the end it left us very disappointed with Celebrity. Our cruise is February 21st and we are really looking forward to it. Good Luck !!! I hope they get this resolved. We will book with a TA next year, not directly with Celebrity, lesson learned.