price drop by $328.60 check current rates

yesterday learned price of our balcony room on the 13th just droped $328.60 from we paid booking with NCL direct[by he way we are a group of 12 +2 who their own} call NCL right away asked for refund they said no can do...asked for OBC again no can do...Sara said she would check with a supervisor and get back...called back offered mnisuite (which is still cheaper than what we paid}but we stressed we wanted to stay together,says she would see what she could do.//excited now she called back and had rooms on the 12th floor together great but still no other comp ok..within 30 minutes we realized the room were infact family balcony rooms directly across from the splash academy NOT ACCEPTABLE calledher back explained weare old and don't want to hear kids...she understood and said she would look for real mini-suits but not together after thought not what we wanted called her back and told her to put us back in our orginal rooms......asked for again since we are now giving NCL $328.60 xtra for nothing in return.. asked to speak to supervisor...Brenda said only could offer mini-suite which we declined...said if it was reverse and price went up would we pay more....after an intense conversation she agreed to give us a $125.00 room OBC and refused a request for at least a comped dinner......so all n all NCL screwed us...they have now lost 14 future cruises and we will tell our friends CHECK WHAT YOU CABIN IS NOW BEING SOLD FOR

yesterday learned price of our balcony room on the 13th just droped $328.60 from we paid booking with NCL direct[by he way we are a group of 12 +2 who their own} call NCL right away asked for refund they said no can do...asked for OBC again no can do...Sara said she would check with a supervisor and get back...called back offered mnisuite (which is still cheaper than what we paid}but we stressed we wanted to stay together,says she would see what she could do.//excited now she called back and had rooms on the 12th floor together great but still no other comp ok..within 30 minutes we realized the room were infact family balcony rooms directly across from the splash academy NOT ACCEPTABLE calledher back explained weare old and don't want to hear kids...she understood and said she would look for real mini-suits but not together after thought not what we wanted called her back and told her to put us back in our orginal rooms......asked for again since we are now giving NCL $328.60 xtra for nothing in return.. asked to speak to supervisor...Brenda said only could offer mini-suite which we declined...said if it was reverse and price went up would we pay more....after an intense conversation she agreed to give us a $125.00 room OBC and refused a request for at least a comped dinner......so all n all NCL screwed us...they have now lost 14 future cruises and we will tell our friends CHECK WHAT YOU CABIN IS NOW BEING SOLD FOR

..... You booked a cruise, they have to sell the remaining cabins so the prices dropped in order to get people to book.....you are angry because you didn't get a sale price......they offered you multiple things you didn't want.......when they didn't have to offer you anything......,.

Honestly, I think NCL went over and above what was necessary with the onboard credit. As has been said on these boards a thousand times before, you entered into a contract with NCL at an agreed upon price and now you want to cry foul. This after they have offered you a better cabin choice which you refused because of location. This cruise consultant bent over backwards to make some sort of peace offering and it wasn't good enough for you. If you choose to not cruise with NCL again, that is your choice, however, holding the cruiseline responsible for essentially your bad timing in booking is a tad over the top.

Next time wait until just before the cruise. You will get a better price. You will not get the location you want. You will have higher air fare if you have to fly to the port. You will still have something to complain about. They gave you something. You still complain.

We have three staterooms booked on the Getaway for April 12 so we are past our final payment date. Today my mom's studio stateroom dropped by $200 and our TA was able to get us an additional $85 shipboard credit. Not perfect, but better than we could do by canceling and rebooking. Now she can enjoy meals in at least three specialty restaurants :)

Surprisingly, our two B4 Family Balconies also dropped -- by $720 each! We could have canceled, rebooked and saved $700 on the fare, but then we would have lost $650 of shipboard credit from NCL and our TA. We chose instead to upgrade into two aft balcony cabins, now priced slightly below what we paid. We're excited to enjoy the wake view from our larger balconies, which just a few days ago would have cost us an additional $1000!

Yawn.

You know, the there can be some positives to be had with general price drops even after the final payment date. Right now I'm well past the final payment date for my 3/1 Getaway sailing, but I'm watching prices constantly because if, for example, the price of a mini suite drops substantially (I have a standard balcony currently), or even drops to what I paid, then I can always call in immediately for an upgrade, probably paying a very small amount extra to get a much better room. Therefore, I would actually be cashing in on the after-final-payment price drops, just in a slightly different way. :)

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. :rolleyes:

Best of luck in finding a different cruiseline for the 14 of you & I see that you've been a CC since 2008 & have learned a few things.

Perhaps you shouldn't book anything to cruise in the future until a few days out before your sailing. If prices have gone up, well - you know what to do, stay home & don't go. Would that work for you & be acceptable. :eek:

Enjoy the snow (shower) later on !

Edited by mking8288

You are lucky to have gotten what you did: this is why we rarely check rates after the final payment date. As the agent said, how would you feel if the rate went up? Would you want to pay more? You must have been happy with the original price or you wouldn't have booked. What about airfares, do they refund you when they have a late minute sale if they do? It is standard policy for cruise lines to offer an upgrade if prices go down after final payment. To get the OBC is a bonus. oh and BTW our April cruise is selling for more than we paid with no OBC like we are getting. Of course our OBC is coming from the TA company we are booked with.

Edited by newmexicoNita

..... You booked a cruise, they have to sell the remaining cabins so the prices dropped in order to get people to book.....you are angry because you didn't get a sale price......they offered you multiple things you didn't want.......when they didn't have to offer you anything......,.

exactly...One of my cruises went on sale after my final payment date and I called my PCC...have gave me some extra OBC. I was happy, only took one phone call and no stress or arguments. As many have said book the room you want and be happy with the price, you may not get anything else offered to you.

My cruise price also dropped after final payment. I called to see if I could get any OBC, but they said they could first offer my an "upgrade" of my room, which is really just another balcony room on the same deck but closer to mid-ship than where I am now.

I declined, because it's not that important.

He did say to call back closer to the sailing date, because they always offer room upgrades first, and then if there are none available they'll offer on board credit.

I didn't really "expect" a thing. They'll either offer something or they won't. I'll call back when it's closer and see what they say, assuming the price is still less than what we paid, but they are of course under no obligation to do anything. I'll never understand that mentality.

I just checked my prices for my upcoming August cruise....cost is up $240 per person from when I booked last July. Because I paid in full, I'm currently writing them a check for the $480 difference! :rolleyes:

Thinking the same thing: I am guessing the winter weather is getting to people; or they haven't taken their chill pill yet!!!!

I think you're right Nita, I'm here watching the snow again...we already have 6" on the ground but it's ok.. I'm so far back in my Ancestors I'm not even sure what century we're in...:eek: :D (I love research)

IMHO, final payment is not the end if you are open to paying a little more $. We ended up with an aft PH in Dec. on the Pearl. I had to work at it and ended up paying a little more but it was worth it.

Enjoy your cruises everyone... no matter which cabin you're in..

I just checked my prices for my upcoming August cruise....cost is up $240 per person from when I booked last July. Because I paid in full, I'm currently writing them a check for the $480 difference! :rolleyes:

lol! as I'm sure everyone does! :D

This is a very common thing happing on NCL. Especially on here new ships Getaway and Breakaway. NCL is not handling this right. People are getting screwed. Even though NCL has the right to do it. It's just not nice, and people are not going to forget this. I am happy for the few people who cabin prices went up and got the rewards for that [whatever that is. Sailing for a cheaper price then a few other people] But the amount of people the other way are way far more.

NCL has to realize they cannot get the prices for these ships. People will learn not to book until final payment is past. Why not? All the cabins will be open

This is a very common thing happing on NCL. Especially on here new ships Getaway and Breakaway. NCL is not handling this right. People are getting screwed. Even though NCL has the right to do it. It's just not nice, and people are not going to forget this. I am happy for the few people who cabin prices went up and got the rewards for that [whatever that is. Sailing for a cheaper price then a few other people] But the amount of people the other way are way far more.

NCL has to realize they cannot get the prices for these ships. People will learn not to book until final payment is past. Why not? All the cabins will be open

I bought a shirt at kohls for $30 a few weeks later it was in the clearance rack for $8. Sucks I didn't just wait til it was on clearance but that's the chance you take when you buy a product.

It's not just ncl, I'm sure every cruise line does this as with any business that is in it to make money. People will still book with ncl and people will still think they are being screwed when prices go down but will not say a word when prices go up.

Here we go again. And again. And again.

You and NCL made an agreement. A contract. You were fine with the price and signed up for it.

If NCL raised the rates on SIMILAR cabins, you would not expect to pay more, right?

NCL is running a sale to try and fill the last remaining cabins. That is all.

Please read the 7,389 similar posts with this issue.

Honestly, I think NCL went over and above what was necessary with the onboard credit. As has been said on these boards a thousand times before, you entered into a contract with NCL at an agreed upon price and now you want to cry foul. This after they have offered you a better cabin choice which you refused because of location. This cruise consultant bent over backwards to make some sort of peace offering and it wasn't good enough for you. If you choose to not cruise with NCL again, that is your choice, however, holding the cruiseline responsible for essentially your bad timing in booking is a tad over the top.

I agree:)