2015/2016 Deployment Thread

Andy

Hi Everyone,

FYI - Today's Press Release (3/14/14) :

========================

CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES 2015 EUROPEAN SAILINGS

New itineraries, exotic destinations, overnight stays

and visits to world-renowned events

MIAMI– March 14, 2014 Celebrity Cruises has revealed its 2015 Europe itineraries, with five state-of-the-art ships sailing to 94 incredible destinations in 28 countries. With new exciting ports of call and a greater variety of itineraries to choose from, Celebrity will be sailing to Europe’s most intriguing destinations. The modern luxury brand will offer more than 65 enticing overnight stays, giving guests the chance to fully immerse themselves in each destination. Many of the overnight visits will also take place during must-see events and celebrations allowing vacationers to experience Europe as a local.

I'm seeing a lot of PR verbiage here. What I'm not seeing is actual itineraries. Where's the beef???

I have seen the brochure and the itineraries posted on various websites.

I also see the itinerary on the invoice I got for the booking;)

Time will tell which itinerary is the right one. This time I hope I can say:"told you so":D

I'd sign up for the Spain/Portugal itinerary in a heartbeat! Calling my TA now.

MARK

Thanks for the new brochure.

Am still disappointed that the Silhouette will be based in the UK.

:(:(:([/quo

I myself dont consider Amsterdam the Uk?

No neither do I and unfortunately for UK Celebrity fans wanting no flying cruises the UK will now only have the Eclipse based here in 2015.

The itineraries were posted earlier in this thread. See post 52.

I've seen those. Celebrity is now posting conflicting information on its website. I'm talking about actual itineraries, ones that say on Tuesday we'll be in Istanbul, Thursday, we'll be at sea, etc.

So, I repeat: Where's the beef???

No neither do I and unfortunately for UK Celebrity fans wanting no flying cruises the UK will now only have the Eclipse based here in 2015.

Likewise; "X" also seem to have missed/ignored the fact that Liverpool will be available as a turn around port in future.

I guess we are the losers from the Sale of the Century (sorry Mr Parsons);).

totally agree.

I hope the Caribbean release will deliver something new. However, I highly doubt.

we are hoping Connie or better yet an S class ship will take over the itin that Connie has shown on a limited basis whihc goes to St Bart's...does anyone know?

That one and the 14 day that goes to the southern carib are the only Carib itins we have not tried but 14 days is a bt too long for us right now with our cat needing a pet sitter........we do not want to repeat any itins--even though all our cruises werer enjoyable!

what is the Carob release date again--sorry but have been distracted on other things if this date is well known...

I've seen those. Celebrity is now posting conflicting information on its website. I'm talking about actual itineraries, ones that say on Tuesday we'll be in Istanbul, Thursday, we'll be at sea, etc.

Hi Linda,:) they are not on the website yet. All the stuff being talked

about right now? Capt's Club has the itineraries but they won't be

on the site to look at till next week.

I called from work (was able to mult-task while waiting on the phone).

I guess I was on hold for about 15 minutes. Europe is supposed to be

on line starting on Tuesday, the 18th.

I don't see any information on Celebrity's website other than a press release. The info posted earlier is matching the info that is available on a well known UK agency's website.

The 2015 itineraries (ports, times, etc) are pretty much the same as other years. We called to receive info on a few of them and they were the exact same ports, times, etc. as the 2014 sailings.

Personally, for Europe all I care about is what ports I'll be visiting. If it's a 12 day itinerary and there are 8 ports listed with no overnights then I can do the math on my own to figure out how many sea days there would be. I also don't care what day of the week I am in a specific place.

We used the itineraries posted earlier to help narrow down our options. We then called Celebrity to get more info and pricing on the ones we were considering. If you're eager to get your booking done you could always do the same.

While I'd love to have Celebrity post actual itineraries that won't happen until next week.

Hi Linda,:) they are not on the website yet. All the stuff being talked

about right now? Capt's Club has the itineraries but they won't be

on the site to look at till next week.

I called from work (was able to mult-task while waiting on the phone).

I guess I was on hold for about 15 minutes. Europe is supposed to be

on line starting on Tuesday, the 18th.

Hi Lois,

My poor long suffering travel agent spent 45 minutes on hold with Celebrity to verify that they have completely changed the itinerary of one of the cruises we were wanting to book, the October 15 Equinox out of Barcelona. It was supposed to go to France, Italy, Montenegro, and Croatia. It's now called Spain and Portugal, although it's only doing one port in Portugal. We were trying to do a B2B2B. So I am not a happy camper. Was really looking forward to the Adriatic ports.

I still think it is the height of insanity and terrible customer service to force people to call when the call center(s) are already on overwhelm.

I don't see any information on Celebrity's website other than a press release. The info posted earlier is matching the info that is available on a well known UK agency's website.

The 2015 itineraries (ports, times, etc) are pretty much the same as other years. We called to receive info on a few of them and they were the exact same ports, times, etc. as the 2014 sailings.

Personally, for Europe all I care about is what ports I'll be visiting. If it's a 12 day itinerary and there are 8 ports listed with no overnights then I can do the math on my own to figure out how many sea days there would be. I also don't care what day of the week I am in a specific place.

We used the itineraries posted earlier to help narrow down our options. We then called Celebrity to get more info and pricing on the ones we were considering. If you're eager to get your booking done you could always do the same.

While I'd love to have Celebrity post actual itineraries that won't happen until next week.

I can do the math as well. That's not the issue. The issue is that they've completely changed at least one itinerary from what was "published." Who knows what they'll do with the others? That's why I'd like to see the itineraries in writing.

we are hoping Connie or better yet an S class ship will take over the itin that Connie has shown on a limited basis whihc goes to St Bart's...does anyone know?

That one and the 14 day that goes to the southern carib are the only Carib itins we have not tried but 14 days is a bt too long for us right now with our cat needing a pet sitter........we do not want to repeat any itins--even though all our cruises werer enjoyable!

what is the Carob release date again--sorry but have been distracted on other things if this date is well known...

Hi Hcat,

Re: Caribbean itineraries - I noticed one very interesting item... Unless there's a typo, it seems that Eclipse arrives in Miami on 11/16/15, which is a Monday. At first, I thought that Eclipse might be taking over the 10/11 night run from Equinox... but Equinox also arrives in Ft Lauderdale on a Monday 11/9/15, so the plot thickens. The one thing that seems apparent for the 2015/2016 Caribbean season, is that most of the ships are returning to FL a week or two earlier than this season and next season.

While I highly doubt that Celebrity will end the 14 night sailings, which is selling extremely well, it could mean that another ship might be taking over the 14 night itinerary, or that perhaps Eclipse will sail other itineraries along with the 14 nighters. As I've said for years, it would be wonderful if Celebrity mixes up the itineraries & sailing lengths for their ships, from time to time during the season, thererby affording more choices for their Guests.

Ever since Celebrity began offering the 4/5 night sailings, I've commented on this forum, wondering why Celebrity could not add a few 9 night Caribbean sailings to the mix - especially if Constellation wasn't booking to expectations. Well, it finally happened for the 2014/2015 season, as Constellation is sailing three 8 & 9 night sailings. Perhaps this is the year Celebrity experiments further with their Caribbean deployments ? We'll probably know the answer next week.

I believe Caribbean is expected to be released next Thursday (3/20) - for Captains Club members, and 3/25 for the general public.

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Check out post 251, where bossy 01 provided a link to the European brochure.

I'm just disappointed the TA's aren't included.

http://viewer.zmags.com/services/DownloadPDF?selectedPages=all&publicationID=a8879eaf&pubVersion=2

If the address above works, this is Celebrity's 2015 Europe Brochure. Sorry if this has been posted before, or it does not work.

Here is the link again, for those that missed it- very comprehensive, except no TA's.

Care to share the itinerary on your invoice?

Of course I can:)

Oct 2 - Barcelona

Oct 3 - Barcelona dep 5 pm

Oct 4 - Palma de Mallorca 8am-5pm

Oct 5 - Cartagena 8am-6pm

Oct 6 - Gibraltar 9am-6pm

Oct 7 - At Sea

Oct 8 - Lisbon 8am

Oct 9 - Lisbon 5pm

Oct 10 - At Sea

Oct 11 - Cadiz (Seville) 8am - 5pm

Oct 12 - Malaga 8am

Oct 13 - Malaga 5pm

Oct 14 - At Sea

Oct 15 - Barcelona 6am

Pricing for cat 8 is a total of $4724.84 and 2B is a total of $5284.84.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Thanks for the new brochure.

Am still disappointed that the Silhouette will be based in the UK.

:(:(:([/quo

I myself dont consider Amsterdam the Uk?

Ok, I used the wrong term - I'm sure people knew what I meant, but incase it is confusing I'll rephrase.

I am disappointed that the Silhouette will be cruising around the UK from Amsterdam in August 2015 when we have to cruise.

Ok, I used the wrong term - I'm sure people knew what I meant, but incase it is confusing I'll rephrase.

I am disappointed that the Silhouette will be cruising around the UK from Amsterdam in August 2015 when we have to cruise.

I am assuming that this deployment is due to the Venice ban on ships greater than 97000t, meaning that X have had to deploy an M class ship on their Venice cruises which is why SIL is now based in Amsterdam.

The Venice issue is also probably why the Equinox Oct 2nd cruise itinerary has been changed, not much point doing adriatic ports if you cannot visit Venice.

Hi Hcat,

Re: Caribbean itineraries - I noticed one very interesting item... Unless there's a typo, it seems that Eclipse arrives in Miami on 11/16/15, which is a Monday. At first, I thought that Eclipse might be taking over the 10/11 night run from Equinox... but Equinox also arrives in Ft Lauderdale on a Monday 11/9/15, so the plot thickens. The one thing that seems apparent for the 2015/2016 Caribbean season, is that most of the ships are returning to FL a week or two earlier than this season and next season.

While I highly doubt that Celebrity will end the 14 night sailings, which is selling extremely well, it could mean that another ship might be taking over the 14 night itinerary, or that perhaps Eclipse will sail other itineraries along with the 14 nighters. As I've said for years, it would be wonderful if Celebrity mixes up the itineraries & sailing lengths for their ships, from time to time during the season, thererby affording more choices for their Guests.

Ever since Celebrity began offering the 4/5 night sailings, I've commented on this forum, wondering why Celebrity could not add a few 9 night Caribbean sailings to the mix - especially if Constellation wasn't booking to expectations. Well, it finally happened for the 2014/2015 season, as Constellation is sailing three 8 & 9 night sailings. Perhaps this is the year Celebrity experiments further with their Caribbean deployments ? We'll probably know the answer next week.

I believe Caribbean is expected to be released next Thursday (3/20) - for Captains Club members, and 3/25 for the general public.

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks for all this info Andy..you are a great help!

I agree that 8, and 9 day cruises are a good time frame. We have done 14 and 15 days in the past but our cat is aging and we can't be away much longer than 10 days...

we will definitely find something that works for us in the next carib cycle....may have to combine two short ones...would love that one that goes to St Barts on Connie, but the timing for what is available right now...does not work for us with our already booked cruise on Equinox..

Guess we'll find out soon..

Of course I can:)

Oct 2 - Barcelona

Oct 3 - Barcelona dep 5 pm

Oct 4 - Palma de Mallorca 8am-5pm

Oct 5 - Cartagena 8am-6pm

Oct 6 - Gibraltar 9am-6pm

Oct 7 - At Sea

Oct 8 - Lisbon 8am

Oct 9 - Lisbon 5pm

Oct 10 - At Sea

Oct 11 - Cadiz (Seville) 8am - 5pm

Oct 12 - Malaga 8am

Oct 13 - Malaga 5pm

Oct 14 - At Sea

Oct 15 - Barcelona 6am

Pricing for cat 8 is a total of $4724.84 and 2B is a total of $5284.84.

That confirms what my poor TA had to wait on hold with Celebrity for 45 minutes to find out. Thanks for sharing.